IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

Haven't checked this thread in a while but I did a quick google news search and still looks like there's no real move to mass produce and sell the mini by nintendo. I'm frankly perplexed as to what the reason behind this move might be. I'm personally leaning to a Raspberry Pi 3B kit which sounds like a better alternative anyway.

Trolls and fanboys slap and tickle! That was fun but I hope you got it out of your systems.

AtGames only sells its stuff at retail for the holidays. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mini were planned the same way.

I still believe they never meant to have this be a big hit. Now I wonder if they're changing it to make it a little less hackable. NES Mini Classic 1.1 would make the original even more of a collectible.

If this delay is making you want to build a RetroPie, I say do it, it's way more versatile and interesting.

• Like 1

Haven't checked this thread in a while but I did a quick google news search and still looks like there's no real move to mass produce and sell the mini by nintendo. I'm frankly perplexed as to what the reason behind this move might be. I'm personally leaning to a Raspberry Pi 3B kit which sounds like a better alternative anyway.

probably the fact that the Wii U was not creating any PR and Star fox Wii U was received like a fox who's just shitted on your doorstep, it was probably a move to remind people how great Nintendo are,

Edited by D.Daniels

Osgeld I know what the quote button is, but I don't think everyone here needs a broken up piece by piece repeat so I don't always use it.

You're still arguing based upon feelings, not the facts, which none of us know. For all we know they don't give a damn right now as they're just focusing all their efforts of manufacturing and boxing up as many Switch systems, accessories, and pressing games at this rate to care in the least bit about their throwback little Nintendo. Perhaps they're tweaking the design to block the current hack in future units. It seems wrong and stupid, but it's Nintendo so it would fit.

And I don't give a crap if you don't like my history, I'm not going to change things to appease you.

...Flojo, I don't have anything in my system. This could have been about something sega, sony, microsoft, whoever did...if I see shit peddling opinion and rumors as fact I get annoyed as I hate rumor mills and you know that as I've posted on forums around you for years. :)

• Like 2

Even those shitbox Raspberry Pi's are better than that nes-mini.

At first, I was like, "whaaaa?"

...Flojo, I don't have anything in my system. This could have been about something sega, sony, microsoft, whoever did...if I see shit peddling opinion and rumors as fact I get annoyed as I hate rumor mills and you know that as I've posted on forums around you for years. :)

But then, I was like, "aahhhhhh, I see now." That makes sense.

Trolls and fanboys slap and tickle! That was fun but I hope you got it out of your systems.

I share your preference for facts. It's impossible to prove that there WON'T be any more NES Classic Mini systems, after all.

Look I get some people use forums to troll to get attention and that's fine, most people will do it at some point. But as you said, it's a preference for facts. i prefer to go by actual information, not angry emotions. There is no information currently saying they've temporarily suspended or cancelled the little system. They're just a nightmare to come by. So I find it annoying to see rumors(lies) spread without anything to back it. It seems to be the hot thing to do today whether it's video games, national news agencies, or private people going postal over politics. It's no fun to do any actual research, ask any questions, or actually bother to think. It's either to latch onto someone else being loud or just a frustration over something and then act like some arm chair expert and get nasty about it despite the fact being supported by a soaked kleenex would have more backing than the argument being stood upon.

Not a fact here (ie: opinion) It's not dead. I believe that it has been slowed in being made. I believe the slowness is the ineptitude of Nintendo to be able to handle two things at the same time. Times in their past when they tried to do multiple things at once, down to even small projects like a couple AAA video games has ended up with problems going back as far as scrapping Zelda 2 MMC chips to throw them into SMB2 causing a delay. It has happened in other times too so it's not like it's nothing new for them to be screw ups. I imagine once they get more Switches in force out the door the NES will pop back up probably in the summer which is idiotic but plausible if not later if they play the flashback holiday angle with it.

• Like 2

I meant as in do you think it will still be available Christmas 2017. Or 5 years from now if no new super mini comes out.

I dont want to get racoon mario boy all frothed up, but no, I honestly think this was a "hey lets do something fun for the holiday season" (since we have no retail presence at the moment) and not much more

I think someone needs a hug don't they? ;)

I believe I said it was a possibility of that very thing before, just can't remember if it was the thread here or a discussion some were having at racketboy. I did whichever site it was said that they maybe following the atgames flashback model of make a run, trickle or curb it, then do it again at Christmas once more to get some easy fast cash. They could also be retooling the firmware to cock block people from doing the full rom load hack too.

• Like 3

I think someone needs a hug don't they? ;)

apparently you do, as I directly responded to a quoted message and a specific question, and you felt the need to be defensive about it

if you wish to respond directly to something I said, there is a quote button cause im not a effin mind reader, nor do I follow or care to follow your random love hate logic

Edited by Osgeld

Flojo no doubt, he does love his trolling. I probably just should ignore it, but it's kind of fun. Kind of like I'm spitefully not using the quote button as he seems to like that. :) I'm at a point now if someone wants to be a know it all downer internet douche I either screw with them or ignore them depending on the moment so enjoy it I suppose.

That said, this should stir the pot more.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/tatsumi_kimishima_apologises_for_nes_mini_shortages_cites_delays_procuring_parts

I'll put the quote in the article:

In November last year, we brought back the nostalgic Famicom and NES home consoles in palmsized versions and shipped the entire quantity of Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer units we initially prepared for each market. We apologize to our consumers and retail partners for the inconvenience caused by product shortages. Some parts require time to procure, but we are working to increase production. We also see the nostalgic interest in these products as an opportunity to draw consumers' attention to our latest game system, Nintendo Switch.

Also supposedly they sold through 1.5M of the units so far. I'm sure they're happy with that, but would be happier if they'd fix their screw up faster. He could be one of those honor bound honest Japanese businessmen, or he's lying to cover it up. Either way, still can't find one except in really spotty small numbers, but the one nugget you can get out of that is it's still in production so that's something.

• Like 2

We also see the nostalgic interest in these products as an opportunity to draw consumers' attention to our latest game system, Nintendo Switch.

I find this quote interesting to say the least. It's like walking into a Ford dealership solely interested in the Thunderbird on the lot and_you_tell the salesperson that you're only interested in *that* Thunderbird, but the guy tries to sell you a new Focus instead. Yep, unabashedly trying pull a "switch" alright! :lol:

post-13896-0-05999000-1485969944_thumb.jpg post-13896-0-07175200-1485970210_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I find this quote interesting to say the least. It's like walking into a Ford dealership solely interested in the Thunderbird on the lot and_you_tell the salesperson that you're only interested in *that* Thunderbird, but the guy tries to sell you a new Focus instead. :lol:

Maybe, but Tbirds notwithstanding, open your mind, the "halo effect" with selling cars is totally real. When you see a hot new race car made of unobtanium, it makes the low-end consumer version seem like a good thing, especially if they can claim that both the high and low end version share some technology.

Apropos of Tbirds, my first car was a 1978 Ford Thunderbird, and I had a lot of good times in it. That said, I'm totally done with the Ford make and the Tbird model. Look at this beast ...

Ford-Thunderbird-1978-5.jpg

• Like 4

Maybe, but Tbirds notwithstanding, open your mind, the "halo effect" with selling cars is totally real. When you see a hot new race car made of unobtanium, it makes the low-end consumer version seem like a good thing, especially if they can claim that both the high and low end version share some technology.

My first car was a '76 Buick Century... 2nd was a '78 T-bird like yours, but white! :lol:

post-13896-0-15965000-1485971999_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm almost compelled to find one of the Japanese models and I know that's probably bad as it I would imagine probably doesn't work all that accurately but it looks stupidly fun.

That said I probably should some day configure the Atari Flashback handheld and throw some stuff on a SD card for it.