IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

You plug in the MicroUSB connector to a PC, then hold RESET while you POWER on, and it boots into diagnostic mode. From there you can use a software app to dump the OS, tamper with the files, then reflash the device. Turn off the Mini and pray to the Lord it isn't bricked when you power it on again. If successful, you'll have new games added to the menu. I totally get adding a few extra games to the menu, but these ass clowns attempting to preload 700 games on it would be better off buying a Raspberry Pi 3 and cheap enclosure.

If I could add 30 additional games...

Tetris

Tengen Tetris

Tengen Ms Pacman

Bomberman

Bomberman II

Megaman III

Castlevania III

Contra

Loopy's SMB2j MMC3 hack

Duck Tales

Duck Tales II

Tiny Toon Adventures

Tiy Toon Adventures II

Chip & Dale

Chip & Dale II

Darkwing Duck

Bubble Bobble II

Bonk's Adventure

Panic Restaurant

Little Samson

Fire N Ice

Earthbound

River City Ransom

Blaster Master

Wario's Woods

Yoshi's Cookie

Devil World

Rodland

Gradius II (VRC4 - if supported)

Parodius Da! (VRC4 - if supported)

Prolly missing some essential hits but there's my list. :P

Ah snap, forgot to include the TMNT games. If VRC4 doesn't work, TMNT II The Arcade Game and Manhattan Project, and maybe toss Rodland and add Tournament Fighters. :P

You plug in the MicroUSB connector to a PC, then hold RESET while you POWER on, and it boots into diagnostic mode. From there you can use a software app to dump the OS, tamper with the files, then reflash the device. Turn off the Mini and pray to the Lord it isn't bricked when you power it on again. If successful, you'll have new games added to the menu. I totally get adding a few extra games to the menu, but these ass clowns attempting to preload 700 games on it would be better off buying a Raspberry Pi 3 and cheap enclosure.

SNIP...

Dude such a fantastic list. I don't think I'd waste space on Bomberman when the sequel is just probably one of the best 2D bomberman games ever made. I'd put Super Dodgeball or Mighty Final Fight into that spot. Then again, do both, the VRC4 is NOT supported so Gradius II is out, that's VRC4 which also Crisis Force and Wai Wai World 2 use. Parodius I don't think uses a chip. It most definitely doesn't use one in the PAL release (I used to own it years ago.) You could just toss that on there and it should run.

• Like 1

Dude such a fantastic list. I don't think I'd waste space on Bomberman when the sequel is just probably one of the best 2D bomberman games ever made. I'd put Super Dodgeball or Mighty Final Fight into that spot. Then again, do both, the VRC4 is NOT supported so Gradius II is out, that's VRC4 which also Crisis Force and Wai Wai World 2 use. Parodius I don't think uses a chip. It most definitely doesn't use one in the PAL release (I used to own it years ago.) You could just toss that on there and it should run.

Parodius Da on the Famicom has way less artifacts than the PAL version. And I did play the PAL ROM on PowerPak using 50Hz mode on my AVS. Prolly use the PAL ROM for Parodius then. So Life Force (Salamander) instead of Gradius II. Then add Turtles II, III, and Tourament Fighters. And I've got more than 30 extra games... :P

EDIT: Rodland isn't in the bootgod database so not sure if he Japanese version will work...

Kosmic Stardust, on 06 Feb 2017 - 2:33 PM, said:

Tetris

Tengen Tetris

Tengen Ms Pacman

Bomberman

Bomberman II

Megaman III

Castlevania III

Contra

Loopy's SMB2j MMC3 hack

Duck Tales

Duck Tales II

Tiny Toon Adventures

Tiy Toon Adventures II

Chip & Dale

Chip & Dale II

Darkwing Duck

Bubble Bobble II

Bonk's Adventure

Panic Restaurant

Little Samson

Fire N Ice

Earthbound

River City Ransom

Blaster Master

Wario's Woods

Yoshi's Cookie

Devil World

Rodland

There are so many Great NES games out there!

Not that I'm an expert.

Anyhow, I like your list a lot! To include personal favorites, and this could be nostalgia talking, but I'd also add Deadly Towers, Faxanadu, Any/All Dragon Warrior games, if they'd work...Then I'd add some lesser faves like Recca, Wizards & Warriors games, Addams Family games, Saiyūki World 2: Tenjōkai no Majin (or Whomp'em), Over Horizon, Clash at Demon Head, Sweet Home, Conquest of the Crystal Palace, Pinball Quest, Death Race,and maybe some Castlevania hacks, Mario hacks, and any Japanese games, homebrews, or English translations of RPGs I might want to try out...

Myself, I haven't hacked the Mini (yet...) We'll see...

I'm still planning on buying an Everdrive cart one of these days...and I might get an AVS or a Retro Freak in the future...I really want a Retro Freak, but got a broken one last time :(

Plus I've got a lot of options. I do already have a RetroN 5, and I have a (boards only) RGB Famicom that outputs VGA, S-Video and more...For some reason it is not compatible with NES games, though, even with an adaptor. The designer/engineer said he had no NES games to test it out, but thought that future versions would run NES.

I would need the hacking guide for dummies, though with every step laid out for me or I'd be afraid I'd brick my system...I should probably poke around YouTube and see what's out there... :)

Also somebody made a retro pie in a gold zelda. Not buying but pretty cool none the less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RetroPie-NES-Classic-Type-system-Gold-Zelda-/222399487827?hash=item33c80adf53:g:KjoAAOSwA3dYj9Q3

Not bad- but I still want someone to 3D print up some mini jaguar shells so I can make a Coleco Chameleon retro pie. I'm incredibly amused by that idea for some reason.

• Like 4

Just managed to score one on my lunch hour, brickseek.com was accurate today. The guy working the electronics counter looked a bit irritated when I asked if they had any, they weren't on the shelf and he pulled it out of a locked drawer...

Was it a Gamestop? The employees there get in trouble for selling too much new stuff. Cirlcle of life, yo. :roll:

• Like 1

I stopped by my local Target to pick up some diapers and figured I'd mosey over to the electronics section. The entire aisle of Nintendo stuff is decimated: no consoles of any kind, games of both Wii U and 3DS variety pickedvthrough save for a few of the latest games. Peg hooks for controllers mostly empty. Just the Amiibo section was healthy with figures.

Even the other side of the aisle with a 4 foot section for Flashback merchandise was wiped out. Just a game each if XBONE and PS 4 versions of the Atari Flashback were on the shelf.

Yup they're definitely shoveling out the junk for the Switch, can't figure it as much for 3DS but there are less releases coming so I'd keep an eye on their clearance area as they never say when they'll do it but you can get stuff for like 50% off or more depending how desperate they are for room.

I'm going to offer that guy $60 for that unit, it's the right thing to do since he's on cocaine if he thinks it costs $17 to mail that small light box it comes in so he's pocketing on the side like a moron despite the fact he'll lose the cash anyway on the FVF fee setup.

EDIT: Was declined, fired back to troll a 2nd $60 bid saying it's a new retail item, that's what it costs, and it also doesn't cost over $15 to ship it either. He has it coming, hate abusive scalpers.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Yup they're definitely shoveling out the junk for the Switch, can't figure it as much for 3DS but there are less releases coming so I'd keep an eye on their clearance area as they never say when they'll do it but you can get stuff for like 50% off or more depending how desperate they are for room.

I'm going to offer that guy $60 for that unit, it's the right thing to do since he's on cocaine if he thinks it costs $17 to mail that small light box it comes in so he's pocketing on the side like a moron despite the fact he'll lose the cash anyway on the FVF fee setup.

EDIT: Was declined, fired back to troll a 2nd $60 bid saying it's a new retail item, that's what it costs, and it also doesn't cost over $15 to ship it either. He has it coming, hate abusive scalpers.

Don't bother wasting your time Tanooki. Those resellers will sit on stuff forever until they get desperate.

• Like 1

I stopped by my local Target to pick up some diapers and figured I'd mosey over to the electronics section. The entire aisle of Nintendo stuff is decimated: no consoles of any kind, games of both Wii U and 3DS variety pickedvthrough save for a few of the latest games. Peg hooks for controllers mostly empty. Just the Amiibo section was healthy with figures.

Even the other side of the aisle with a 4 foot section for Flashback merchandise was wiped out. Just a game each if XBONE and PS 4 versions of the Atari Flashback were on the shelf.

Yeah. I noticed Best Buy had some heavy discounts on a variety of Amiibo figures, mainly older Smash series and Animal Crossing which have just stagnated because collectors have zero nostaglia for them. Gamestop had the Duck Hunt/Game-N-Watch/ROB discounted to $14 something but i did pick up a Yarn Poochy for $16. He's super cute even though I don't think it will do anything with Yoshi's Woolly World (I have the Wii-U version so didn't want to bother pick up the 3DS version which essentially is the exact same game with a few minor enhancements and lower screen resolution.

Yup it's not 100% accurate in the audio department but it's so close (like 90-95% there) you really probably won't realize it unless you have a specific game so memorized it sticks out, or you load up a game they didn't include that just doesn't have a mapper or complete mapper in place but that's the modders fault. :D