IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

Ok, last chance before christmas. No more refreshing.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jonu/index.shtml/?created=1&mail_list=both

Create an account. Add it to your wish list. Goto your account and double check its in your wish list. And that is all. Monday the 12th a lucky few will be selected to get one. They will email you a code and you can use that to get one. I added it to my wish list. Hopefully I get one.

I may be out of the buying market on this thing, but I gotta give thinkgeek credit- this is a good way to handle Nintendo's stupid low supply runs. No bombarding a site at a specific time, resulting in server errors and crashes pushing people out who should have been able to buy one. You just put your name in the hat and hope to get drawn. I dig.

• Like 1

I may be out of the buying market on this thing, but I gotta give thinkgeek credit- this is a good way to handle Nintendo's stupid low supply runs. No bombarding a site at a specific time, resulting in server errors and crashes pushing people out who should have been able to buy one. You just put your name in the hat and hope to get drawn. I dig.

Exactly. Much better than me staying up all night at urban outfitter website just find out it was not even there and they had a hiden link which pissed me and others off like hell. As for the hat you not get one but what's the harm in trying.

I don't mind waiting for this until it is at its normal retail price. As a matter of fact, I probably will not even buy it then. I'll wait until I find them at Goodwills and garage sales for $20 or less. Hell, I waited 26 years to get a reasonably priced Apple IIGS, so I don't mind the wait one bit. Got lots of other things to play in the meantime :)

• Like 2

I don't mind waiting for this until it is at its normal retail price. As a matter of fact, I probably will not even buy it then. I'll wait until I find them at Goodwills and garage sales for $20 or less. Hell, I waited 26 years to get a reasonably priced Apple IIGS, so I don't mind the wait one bit. Got lots of other things to play in the meantime :)

The beloved mini will we be too beloved to wind up at goodwill or garage sales for 20 bucks.

Edited by 0078265317
  • Like 1

I'd send you an NES Classic if it would shut you up.

Don't feed the trolls...

Was gonna get the NES mini this week, had to get two Iron Maiden tickets instead. Wow, those concerts are sold out faster than the NES mini.

Good call. Your changes are better for getting NES Mini after Christmas. Can you honestly say Iron Maiden tickets will be available then??? ;-)

• Like 1

As for the hat you not get one but what's the harm in trying.

There's no harm- I simply don't want one anymore. I was going to give it as a Christmas gift, but Nintendo didn't make it available. I have enough to do in December, so I bought other things for the people in question. I don't want one for myself at all- for me, it's worth maybe $10-15 as a novelty.

The beloved mini will we be too beloved to wind up at goodwill or garage sales for 20 bucks.

*just starts laughing*

Was gonna get the NES mini this week, had to get two Iron Maiden tickets instead. Wow, those concerts are sold out faster than the NES mini.

Iron Maiden tickets beat Nintendo Mini any day of the week. You made the right call.

• Like 3

Just go to a local gaming store or eBay and buy an original NES. I did.

I was lucky and found a top loader in this storage shed my girlfriends grandpa was cleaning out. He gave it to me to tinker with. After some cleaning... It worked beautifully.

Go for the original... Not an emulation!

• Like 3

I have a friend that claims he has an inside source at Toys r Us that stated they got a shipment of these consoles which will be available tomorrow morning. He has been driving by the store all day to make sure there is no line and will continue doing it throughout the night just to make sure he gets one for his kids to open Christmas morning. He said no reseller is going to stop him getting one of these things. I wished him luck and told him I hope he is not wasting his time.

Got an NES classic last week at GameStop I read online that GameStop in many areas were getting a few NES classics in last Thursday in limited stock. I called my local store and they didn't get any. But there are two gamestops in the next town over so I called the one in the mall they had received three and sold them in five minutes. I called the other GameStop in the Walmart parking lot and happen to speak to the manager a female. She said they had very large shipment that day and hadn't had a chance to unload everything and they have had like 100 phone calls of people asking if they had received any . I started joking with her and ended up talking for a few minutes I told her I would let her go so she can get those boxes unloaded she asked for my name and number and told me since I was so sweet if they got any in she would call me. About three hours later my phone rang she said they got in 4 I asked her when they were going to put them out for sale and she said after you get here love lol. So my wife and I drove the 30 miles over there and sure enough she had one waiting on me. I think she might've been disappointed to find out I'm married lol.

Edited by kyle
  • Like 4

Got an NES classic last week at GameStop I read online that GameStop in many areas were getting a few NES classics in last Thursday in limited stock. I called my local store and they didn't get any. But there are two gamestops in the next town over so I called the one in the mall they had received three and sold them in five minutes. I called the other GameStop in the Walmart parking lot and happen to speak to the manager a female. She said they had very large shipment that day and hadn't had a chance to unload everything and they have had like 100 phone calls of people asking if they had received any . I started joking with her and ended up talking for a few minutes I told her I would let her go so she can get those boxes unloaded she asked for my name and number and told me since I was so sweet if they got any in she would call me. About three hours later my phone rang she said they got in 4 I asked her when they were going to put them out for sale and she said after you get here love lol. So my wife and I drove the 30 miles over there and sure enough she had one waiting on me. I think she might've been disappointed to find out I'm married lol.

Now that's dedication.

Earlier a guy at work brought it up, said he waited for 3 hours, and got one. He seemed excited but the funny thing is that he is the same guy that sold me a Sharp NES TV for $60. So, since the price is the same I like to think that I traded him an NES Classic Edition for a much harder to get Sharp NES TV. He once told me that he is the inventor of microwavable crack that has a recipe that would make the crack vaporize more efficiently without the crackle that you think of from the word "crack" and therefore gets you more high and quicker. It all makes sense now. :)

• Like 2

Earlier a guy at work brought it up, said he waited for 3 hours, and got one. He seemed excited but the funny thing is that he is the same guy that sold me a Sharp NES TV for $60. So, since the price is the same I like to think that I traded him an NES Classic Edition for a much harder to get Sharp NES TV. He once told me that he is the inventor of microwavable crack that has a recipe that would make the crack vaporize more efficiently without the crackle that you think of from the word "crack" and therefore gets you more high and quicker. It all makes sense now. :)

Yup, selling a Sharp NES TV for $60 definitely is right up crackhead alley! :P

• Like 2

Yup, selling a Sharp NES TV for $60 definitely is right up crackhead alley! icon_razz.gif

And he sold it to me after being clean for years with other things like a boxed GameGenie included with the $60! He also understood how rare it is! It is almost like he was thinking,"I may have gave up crack but that doesn't mean I have to give up the habit of ripping myself off by selling my stuff at crack rates!" :D

• Like 1