IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

There is just something about pre-Neo-Geo SNK games that makes me wish that they would do more than wash-rinse-repeat fighting games. I will also say that Athena would be perfect for 7800, Lynx, and Jaguar homebrew.

Keep the C64 title music by Martin Galway and your laughing, the rest of the game was terrible. 

Monochrome sprites, awful collision detection. 

Ports would need to be built pretty much from scratch as even the coin op suffers in the controls department. 

Edited by Lostdragon

On 4/23/2022 at 1:06 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

More classic Konami this week on battle of the Ports

I need to give NES version of Gyruss a go sometime.  However, will say the 2600 and 5200 versions are really good and I do enjoy them.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:14 AM, Yakumo1975 said:

A sports game that even people who hate sports games will play, on this week's Battle of the ports.

Honestly California Games for the Lynx was a great pack-in game.  Granted, I wish it had more events, but the ones it had save the skateboard ramp were really fun and worth replaying.  Need to give the 2600 version a go sometime as supposedly it is pretty good for what it is.  Take care and keep up the great work.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 12:24 AM, Hwlngmad said:

Honestly California Games for the Lynx was a great pack-in game.  Granted, I wish it had more events, but the ones it had save the skateboard ramp were really fun and worth replaying.  Need to give the 2600 version a go sometime as supposedly it is pretty good for what it is.  Take care and keep up the great work.

I wish it also had more events but only f they were given to good developers.  I feel the Surfing section on the Lynx is the best of all.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2022 at 4:24 PM, Hwlngmad said:

That was a bitter pill to swallow for myself as well. 

My friends and i absolutely hammered the C64 version and being in the UK, this meant using the cassette version. 

To find the Lynx version had fewer events than an 8-bit, cassette based version, seemed unbelievable. 

Doesn't matter if it was due to coding issues,  lack cartridge space or design choice, we felt short changed ?