IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

On 9/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, Yakumo1975 said:

A massive Battle of the Ports this week as we cover the original Prince of Persia.

I saw a number of people asking on the comments section of your video, why the commercial releases of P. O. P on the likes of the Atari ST and Sega Game Gear were missing and also why the A8 port wasn't featured. 

I think the community needs to appreciate at times just how mammoth a task it is to cover every version of a game like this, which had so many commercial releases. 

Your not stating this is the definitive look at all versions of the game. 

You've recently been very open about how burnt out you are with work. 

So whilst it would of been nice to see all the above covered and the A8 version, I can appreciate what was included. 

• Like 4

On 9/13/2022 at 6:31 PM, Lostdragon said:

I saw a number of people asking on the comments section of your video, why the commercial releases of P. O. P on the likes of the Atari ST and Sega Game Gear were missing and also why the A8 port wasn't featured. 

I think the community needs to appreciate at times just how mammoth a task it is to cover every version of a game like this, which had so many commercial releases. 

So whilst it would of been nice to see all the above covered and the A8 version, I can appreciate what was included. 

Thank you so much for that comment.  I'm glad there are people who do appreciate the work.  Some other people though are just plain rude ungrateful types.

The Atari St version was to be featured but after 30 minutes of not being able to get a working rom, I gave up as time is short.  The Atari 8bit version I had no idea about nor the C64 version.  Funny how some people think they know it all because they know a version I did not.  I wonder how many of them knew about the SAM Coupe or the PC98001?  Probably none :D

Anyway, new video just went up today of a new heavy duty tablet :)

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 4:31 AM, Lostdragon said:

I can second what Lostdragon is saying.  I do appreciate your snapshot looks at the various port versions of various games as it helps to provide insight into versions you might not be aware, and that might be one to give a try sometime.  Take care and keep up the great work.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

I can second what Lostdragon is saying.  I do appreciate your snapshot looks at the various port versions of various games as it helps to provide insight into versions you might not be aware, and that might be one to give a try sometime.  Take care and keep up the great work.

Thank you very much!  I do apricate these words.

A short but sweet? Battle of the Ports this week. mainly because I'm stuck in work, today.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 5:31 AM, Lostdragon said:

Well I've no problem with any "missing" ports as I can always look up other gameplay videos on YT.

I still like to watch BoTP for the snarky comments so keep up the good work Mark! :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Yakumo1975 said:

The Konami sequel you probably never knew on this weeks Battle of the Ports.

Thank you so much for taking my request with Yie Ar Kung-Fu II Mark. A forgotten title that many didn't know this existed. I love the MSX and Commodore 64 versions and had many years having fun playing on them bro. Hope the ne generation of gamers will appreciate this game. :)

Anthony... 

Edited by Charlie Cat