IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

@Yakumo1975 You are not the only one with a hate-boner towards Ocean Software; Working Man Games did an entire video on that company. I will say that Interplay and Bethesda's Robocop vs. The Terminator is a much better SNES game. That, and the SNES game looks like the kind of game that a bored ROM hacker could fix up.

Edited by SlidellMan

On 3/13/2023 at 1:50 AM, SlidellMan said:

@Yakumo1975 You are not the only one with a hate-boner towards Ocean Software; Working Man Games did an entire video on that company. I will say that Interplay and Bethesda's Robocop vs. The Terminator is a much better SNES game. That, and the SNES game looks like the kind of game that a bored ROM hacker could fix up.

Nice, I'll check that out!

This week's Battle of the Ports is thankfully not by Ocean

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Yakumo1975 said:

Two weeks ago we looked at the crappy Ocean developed Robocop 3.  Now it's time for the Digital Image Design Robocop 3D.

A game where the ST version is better then the Amiga one on BotP??

Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2023 at 3:02 AM, SlidellMan said:

Whoever did the music for the SNES/SFC version of The Lawnmower Man did an excellent job. By the way, I found an episode of FMV Vault of Horror on the Sega CD/DOS/Mac OS version:

It's an old episode, but I bet you would get a kick out of it.

Nice.  The only FMV games I like are Road Avanger and Time Gal 😁

• Like 1

I recommend that you check out the Resurrection patch for Doom 32X, it makes it a whole lot better. By the way, Randy Linden has plans to go back to the Super NES version to add more optimizations. I'm also glad that you mentioned Jim Bagley having his engine turned down by John Carmack; and what happened to Rebecca Ann Heineman's 3DO port.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 7:37 PM, Yakumo1975 said:
You asked for it for so long. Finally it is here.
Battle of the Ports - Doom

Really good episode of BotP.  Really enjoyed it as it was good to see what Doom has 'officially' been ported to.  Take care and keep up the great work.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 11:19 PM, Hwlngmad said:

Really good episode of BotP.  Really enjoyed it as it was good to see what Doom has 'officially' been ported to.  Take care and keep up the great work.

Thanks!  Glad you enjoyed the video!

New hardware review up today

This is one of the newer "High-end budget" tablets.  Is it really any good?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 3:22 AM, Yakumo1975 said:
Probably the RPG with the most controversial battle system ever.
Y's on this week's Battle of the Ports

Gotta say the TG-16 CD / PCE CD version was amazing to experience back in the day.  While the combat system is different to say the least, the game still holds up well today I think.  Take care and look forward to many more battles yet to come.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 1:44 AM, Hwlngmad said:

Gotta say the TG-16 CD / PCE CD version was amazing to experience back in the day.  While the combat system is different to say the least, the game still holds up well today I think.  Take care and look forward to many more battles yet to come.

Thanks.  I'm doing another Ys game this coming Week :)

By the way, just picked up a really nice monitor which is now on Amazon at a great price.  Perfect for gaming.

https://youtu.be/RHY9AVvRznY

Edited by Yakumo1975
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 7:22 PM, Yakumo1975 said:

Last week we took a look at Ys, this week it's Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Another good episode.  Never played Ys III, but it looks like it is a heckuva game.  Also shows what the Genesis / Mega Drive could do and/or pull off.  Take care and looking forward to many more videos yet to come.

• Like 1