IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

Can the ST and Amiga ports use the mouse? That looks like a game that would benefit from mouse control. You'd have two buttons at least.

I think they could, yes.

A real obscure game this week but by a pretty well known developer.

Edited by Yakumo1975
  • Like 1

The very first episode of Battle of the Ports was about a game I've loved since I was 10 years old, that game was Space Harrier. However in that very first Battle of the Ports show there was no commentary, no subtitles, ran at 30fps and worst of all only 13 ports covered.

This remake of the video corrects those issues with the now expected voice-over, subtitles, 60fps video and 26 ports of Space Harrier!! Now that's what I call an update.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

The thing that always annoyed me about this game is, after you've run the trench, shot the exhaust port, and are racing away from the Death Star... you're obviously still facing it. Is your X Wing fighter going in reverse?

Oh man, I've never though about that but now that you've mentioned it I'll never get it out of my head.

They claim it's part of the Nintendo Classics Mini series. But is it really?
Is it just more junk or an actual quality product?
Well, the box is a good sign for sure and it is by Cool Baby who normally sell quality items.

I love your reviews and this does look nice, even if I'm not smitten with the golden Famicom aesthetic.

Fortunately for me, the AliExpress link you provided is sold out of these, so I won't be getting yet another NES clone that can't save game states.

I love your reviews and this does look nice, even if I'm not smitten with the golden Famicom aesthetic.

Fortunately for me, the AliExpress link you provided is sold out of these, so I won't be getting yet another NES clone that can't save game states.

Thanks for watching my videos Flojomojo.

It seems that many people bought one after watching my video causing the shortage. I should get commission from that store, hahaha. Oh well. The goal was to bring this machine to. People's attention. I think I have succeeded there.

• Like 1

So what was the limitation that caused so many computer games to have only music or only sound effects, but not both?

Some games managed, why not others?

Some had dedicated sound/music hardware. Without that, it's offloaded to the CPU. Some of the early 8bit programmers were assembly language wizards, most were not.