IGNORED

Aardvark for Atari VCS/2600

nanochess

• 2 months later...

(Not sure if this was brought up previously) I loaded in on the AFP and the title screens (AA and Aardvark screens) work, but once I get to the game options screen it is stuck there. Is there any way to start the game around the options screen?

SARA Ram has to be configured to $FFs so the portable will detect it properly, but you automatically lose lives whenever the game screen appears (no doubt a TIA issue with the portable's broken emulator).

The earlier 8k demos work fine, tho.

Aardvark (test).bin

• Like 1

SARA Ram has to be configured to $FFs so the portable will detect it properly, but you automatically lose lives whenever the game screen appears (no doubt a TIA issue with the portable's broken emulator).

The earlier 8k demos work fine, tho.

Thanks for trying Nukey!

33 minutes ago, root42 said:

Wouldn’t mind if there was a shop for ROMs (not carts) here as well. :)

That will eventually happen. Now that I have the forum upgraded (although work on that is still ongoing), the next thing to get upgraded (to completely new software) is the store. Once that happens, I can better explore offering ROMs for purchase.

..Al

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Albert said:

Yes, it's been a treat watching how this game has evolved over time!  It's a fantastic title for the 2600 that really pushes the console to its limits using traditional hardware (this is a 32K SARA game).  Óscar, Thomas and Nathan hit it out of the park!

..Al

This is an instabuy for me.  @nanochess @Thomas Jentzsch @Nathan Strum @Albert Thank you all.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 11:02 AM, Albert said:

That will eventually happen. Now that I have the forum upgraded (although work on that is still ongoing), the next thing to get upgraded (to completely new software) is the store. Once that happens, I can better explore offering ROMs for purchase.

..Al

insert 'TAKE MY MONEY' meme here.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2019 at 11:02 AM, Albert said:

..Al

A free ROM for those that purchase a physical copy too would be awesome.  It would be great to not always put wear and tear on those beautiful AtariAge boxes every time we want to play our homebrews.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 5:40 PM, Arenafoot said:

Thanks for trying Nukey!

A couple months' trying different strategies and no positive results for the AFP.  Giving up on this :P

Kinda difficult to move around in the 8k versions anyway with the touchy AFP controller.

Great game for the 2600, regardless.  I don't care if the Anteater proto ever goes public! :D

• Like 1