IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Also - at $300, I don't know if Atari would want this marketed/dismissed as a "toy". I don't think the Toy Fair targets the right crowd. A better place to debut it (in person) would be PAX. Or here.

The nice thing about AtariBoxCorp, Inc. debuting it at the second event would be the ability to see it head-to-head against its immediate competition. That would make an immediate purchasing decision so much easier to come to.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 2

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum
my opinion about Ataribox:
Yes console retro games and independent games, but there is more in my opinion
console for object connected with Sigfox?
console for geolocation with Sigfox chips?

Why would you speculate that and what would the advantage be? There's zero basis here for this to be anything unusual in terms of hardware features. All we're really waiting on is to see what the software stack is going to be.

• Like 4

Why would you speculate that and what would the advantage be? There's zero basis here for this to be anything unusual in terms of hardware features. All we're really waiting on is to see what the software stack is going to be.

Speculation ? It's my Opinion ...

The collaboration will cover a wide range of new Atari products, from the very simple to the highly sophisticated, providing customers with an easy way to know at any time where the devices are and what their status is. The initial product line will include categories such as home, pets, lifestyle and safety. By connecting to SIGFOX’s global network, the products will benefit from its competitive advantages: a very long battery life and a simple solution that does not require local Internet connectivity and pairing. As soon as the battery is inserted in the object, it is immediately connected to the network.

Checked the Sigfox coverage maps for where I live. Nearest area with any kind of Sigfox connection is only a mere 300 kilometres (just below 500 miles) from me.

This does absolutely nothing for me and is superfluous in every sense of the word. I'd rather see they put their efforts towards hardware that actually does something it should in a console, namely play games and stream media.

• Like 2

so we got what 3 more marketing wanks vomiting out buzzwords without a clue on how to do any of it?

By connecting to SIGFOX’s global network, the products will benefit from its competitive advantages:

how

a very long battery life and a simple solution that does not require local Internet connectivity and pairing.

how does connecting to the network improve battery life while not connecting it to the network that delivers all its advantages????

its enough buzzword vomit to make you actually ill just reading it

ps: what battery, the thing plugs into a tv ,one would assume it would then plug into the wall

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 2

https://www.sigfox.com/en/news/sigfox-announcing-global-partnership-iconic-gaming-brand-atari

SIGFOX announcing a global partnership with the iconic gaming brand ATARI

That doesn't change what I said. The AtariBox project, to the best of my knowledge, has nothing to do with sigfox.

Hate typing on my phone

Edited by The Historian
  • Like 1

Hmm, Sigfox sounds like those IoT companies and there was mention of Ataribox possibily being an IoT hub. But would it work with existing Google Home or iHome systems? Assuming anyone actually want that stuff (high security risk) and those who do are quite happy just to use smartphones to control those things.

Only thing in the "Atari Life" ecosystem right now are the speakerhats so... :?

I think there might be Sigfox Ataribox GPS chips and Brainwashing delta wave simulations oozing from my Speakerhat...Now I know this could just be my opinion,...But I'm very hungry for Tacos,...And my internet of house things keeps turning the heat up when I clearly told everything by voice command to never touch my thermostat, or my pants...Anyway I keep getting hypnotized, I think because every 10 minutes or so I keep Tweeting and Retweeting "This is Super Awesome. I can't wait to play this!"

And I don't even have a Twitter account.

• Like 3

Checked the Sigfox coverage maps for where I live. Nearest area with any kind of Sigfox connection is only a mere 300 kilometres (just below 500 miles) from me.

This does absolutely nothing for me and is superfluous in every sense of the word. I'd rather see they put their efforts towards hardware that actually does something it should in a console, namely play games and stream media.

FYI, your math is wrong. A kilometer is shorter than a mile. 500 kilometers = 310 miles approximately.

Speculation ? It's my Opinion ...

Opinion without facts to back up the opinion pretty much is speculation.

However, if Sigfox moves into the Internet of Tacos space, I can see such a collaboration making sense.

'Internet of Things' was just the buzzphrase that replaced 'BYOD' and 'Cloud'. But the Internet of Tacos? That's a forever Internet.

• Like 2

Opinion without facts to back up the opinion pretty much is speculation. However, if Sigfox moves into the Internet of Tacos space, I can see such a collaboration making sense.'Internet of Things' was just the buzzphrase that replaced 'BYOD' and 'Cloud'. But the Internet of Tacos? That's a forever Internet.

Internet of Tacos: Bringing Cheese, Beef, and Lettuce together across the globe.

Edit: Demolition Man was correct, only Taco Bell will survive!

Edited by leech
  • Like 4

Opinion without facts to back up the opinion pretty much is speculation.

However, if Sigfox moves into the Internet of Tacos space, I can see such a collaboration making sense.

'Internet of Things' was just the buzzphrase that replaced 'BYOD' and 'Cloud'. But the Internet of Tacos? That's a forever Internet.

"Internet of Tacos" is not a thing until I can get a taco drone-delivered on demand from my mobile device!

• Like 2