IGNORED

SNES Mini Confirmed

TPA5

I can't like this ENOUGH...finally, ebay, you gang of goons, have finally decided to DO something about scalper fraud. I commend you.

Can Amazon be far behind?

"We will remove listings for pre-release items and accessories if the release date of the item is more than 30 days away."

Doesn't seem to me like that is saying much. So they have to wait an extra month? Are people really so ignorant that they pay 3-4 times the value of something before it even has pre-orders open? This just blows my mind why ebay would even care.

I mean seriously if people are so wasteful w/their money and rather do a pre-pre-order for 3-4 times as much they deserve to have their money taken away.

• Like 1

"We will remove listings for pre-release items and accessories if the release date of the item is more than 30 days away."

Doesn't seem to me like that is saying much. So they have to wait an extra month? Are people really so ignorant that they pay 3-4 times the value of something before it even has pre-orders open? This just blows my mind why ebay would even care.

I mean seriously if people are so wasteful w/their money and rather do a pre-pre-order for 3-4 times as much they deserve to have their money taken away.

Yeah, this. The scalping will continue no later than September 1st. Ebay is just enforcing their "no presales until 30 days before product launch" rule. They don't want to be in the position of dealing with non-delivery disputes just yet.

Lazy internet writers are blowing this up as if Ebay were standing up against opportunistic scalpers. They're just waiting a bit, that's all.

• Like 3

So should we take a poll on how high the scalpers will go with this one? For someone that must have it and wants it badly, how high do you think that person will have to pay?

I have a feeling this might be more of a shite show than with the NES mini. There has been more time for hype to build up, and I think 16 bit is remembered by more than the 8 bit era (disclaimer: just because I thought that doesn't make it true!)

So should we take a poll on how high the scalpers will go with this one? For someone that must have it and wants it badly, how high do you think that person will have to pay?

I have a feeling this might be more of a shite show than with the NES mini. There has been more time for hype to build up, and I think 16 bit is remembered by more than the 8 bit era (disclaimer: just because I thought that doesn't make it true!)

I have no idea. I WANT them to flood the market so no one can get more than the suggested retail price for it -- or even see it go into clearance discount pricing. I really thought that's how it would happen with the NES Mini. The fact that it didn't makes me think history will repeat itself. Then I remind myself that Nintendo is sometimes unpredictable, and maybe they'll actually try to meet demand this time?

All the shenanigans make me want the $80 Sega, the $80 Atari, and the $80 knockoff Atari more than this $80 thing.

Q: Where do the controllers plug in?

A: into the console

I love these.

All the hoopla about securing one made things difficult when making a vid about Star Fox 2. I didn't want to advocate piracy, but it's not like anyone can simply walk into a store and pick up the unit. So, "Do your best to secure one," was the best I could come up with.

Hmm good point, what can the SD2SNES really do at this rate outside of the modern made up MSU1 and CX4(Mega Man X2 and X3) anyway that the everdrive fails at alone? I know there's in theory potentially some year down the road for FX support but the critically more interesting SA1 seems to be a write off.

Also to be fair, and it's odd they did it ... Rockman X2 and X3 don't use a special chip so you can everdrive those. Which that just leaves the MSU1 hack/chip enhancement doesn't it?

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Hmm good point, what can the SD2SNES really do at this rate outside of the modern made up MSU1 and CX4(Mega Man X2 and X3) anyway that the everdrive fails at alone? I know there's in theory potentially some year down the road for FX support but the critically more interesting SA1 seems to be a write off.

Also to be fair, and it's odd they did it ... Rockman X2 and X3 don't use a special chip so you can everdrive those. Which that just leaves the MSU1 hack/chip enhancement doesn't it?

Hmm....can the everdrive play BSX games?

The last time I checked Rockman X2 and 3 used the CX4.

Hmm maybe it does and I read bad info many years ago. I recall people going on how it worked and the US one didn't so they'd buy that as it was cheaper or use it on a super powerpak. Well either way, those 2 games aren't worth the bother for the price increase to me. Couldn't stand either, owned both of them a few years back and just kept the original.

my experiance with finding famicom to nes adapters in early carts goes like this

drive to the retro store, look for known titles, gotta have 5 phillips heads in there not 4 tri wings, check the weight, yes its heaver than same game with 4 screws, spend 20-30 dollars for a couple few games to hedge my bets, I have done this maybe 4 times now ....

First off, the game must be an NROM PCB "black box" title with sprite graphics on the label and 5 flathead screws. Examine the pins. There is a thin lead that sticks beyond the terminus of the contact pins. If the lead is in the center, it's ordinary NROM. If it's on the edge of the pins, then the PCB is an NES_JOINT inside. Note many later PCBs with mapper chips also had offset traces so it is imparitive that you identify it as an early title by the "black box" label. I'm not sure if a couple CNROM titles exist with black box sprite artwork. DK Classics come to mind as CNROM but it were way later and did not include black box style sprite art on the label.
  • Like 1

Interesting fact. MMX3 is essentially MMX w/out the Capcom chip. For the hell of it take a MMx3 rom, program it, and toss on a donor cart. You will get MMX.

I've read that MMX3 is basically an in-house romhack of MMX2. It was built on the previous game and remnants of X2 remain in X3's ROM. If either game is run without CX4 support all the sprites come out glitchy and scattered, at least as I remember it in the dark days of SNES emulation before either game was supported. So that co-processor was doing more than just occasional wire-frame graphics.

I've read that MMX3 is basically an in-house romhack of MMX2. It was built on the previous game and remnants of X2 remain in X3's ROM. If either game is run without CX4 support all the sprites come out glitchy and scattered, at least as I remember it in the dark days of SNES emulation before either game was supported. So that co-processor was doing more than just occasional wire-frame graphics.

I think I remember it being used for weather effects too.

The game actually runs on my Everdrive but is a complete glitch fest and totally unplayable. Most special chip games just black screen if they don't have the necessary hardware.

my god I have adblock and still over 70% of that page is nasty old tits (sorry dolf)

what is it with that side of the pond? Its almost as bad as Asia, I live in the bible belt and I am not that desperate to see bewbez

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1