IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2018)

No modern gaming around here this past week I'm sorry to say, but we did log quite a bit of time for the classic gaming tracker! I did get a new disc drive for my Wii ordered too, so as soon as that shows up in the mail at some point this week I'll get it installed and get back to the Wii games I was working on last week. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Only one modern game for me....

PSP

Lunar Silver Star Harmony - 951 min (Played a couple hours every night before going to sleep during vacation. Got a pretty good ways into the game I think... though I'm not sure how much more there is to go. There are some annoying bits... the enemies are those where you can see them on the screen instead of the random encounters... however, nine times out of ten, there's no way to avoid them. They are on a narrow path and, if your character has a run button, I haven't found it yet. So some places where you have to back track means it takes forever because you're fighting the same bad guys over and over again because they respawn after leaving a screen. So, combining all those things, I'm sure you can see how it can get annoying. Anyway, the story isn't too bad, but there are some things in it where the player is going, "C'mon, they can't tell that obvious spelled out major plot point is coming up?")

Oops! Almost forgot!

GameCube

Ikaruga - 2 min (Played just a bit while checking out an HDMI adapter for the GameCube at PRGE. Did pretty well for only $75. I didn't try all the different settings or whatever (it came with a remote??), but it certainly looked a lot better than the GameCube's composite output... but then, what doesn't look better than the GameCube's composite output?)

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 6

Week 42

Top games
1. Fallout 4 (PC) - 2340 min.
2. Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP) - 951 min.
3. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 805 min.
4. Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) - 503 min.
5. Fallout 4 (Xbox One) - 423 min.
6. Far Cry 3 (PC) - 360 min.
7. Home Sweet Home (PS4) - 315 min.
8. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 240 min.
9. Resident Evil HD Remaster (PC) - 240 min.
10. Astrobot Rescue Mission (PS4) - 200 min.

Top systems
1. PC - 3065 min.
2. PS4 - 1741 min.
3. Xbox One - 1516 min.
4. 3DS - 503 min.
5. Gamecube - 2 min.

Total 6827 minutes and 16 different games on 5 different systems.

Yes! It is a new record! To most part, we have Digdugnate's wife to thank for that, investing a whopping 39 hours on Fallout 4 (*) on the PC, which means the two combined set a new record in minutes tracked in a week, 3506 mins, a record previously held by Major Havoc 2049 who topped out at 3059 mins in a week and then never posted again... :-o

The current list of most played games in a single week:

1. Destiny 2 (Xbox One) - 2639 mins in week #03

2. Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) - 2478 mins in week #01

3. Fallout 4 (PC) - 2340 mins in week #42

4. Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) - 1661 mins in week #11

(*) GOTY edition, which I suppose is the same game as the original edition, just with updates, expansions and DLC included.

• Like 4

The only modern game I played this week was:

PC (Visual PinMAME):

Baby Pac Man - 12 min.

I guess riding Lime's shared e-scooters doesn't count as gaming... this I did for 158 minutes in total. Actually it reminds me a bit of the battery powered amusement park rides for children where you put in a quarter (or a dollar these days) and they go for a few minutes, but this time it's for adults, you pay with your credit card (by the minute) and the area you can ride in is a big part of Vienna. I'm actually unsure how far you can take the scooters outside the business area as long as you bring them back into it at the end of your ride.

• Like 4

wow! i didn't realize we'd set some kind of gameplay time record, hehehehe.

i lost track of her Fallout 4 gaming time this week, so i just have my times to report. :)

After playing Horizon 4 like a maniac, I've started to hit a drop-off point with the game where I'm mostly just waiting for the seasons to change (and to see which Forza Edition car I can buy). I've hit level 10 on a good number of the 'challenges'. A good chunk of time was spent wandering the wastelands in Fallout 4- i've been tweaking a stealth/silenced weapon build that is insanely overpowered but a ton of fun.

rounding out my 'bedtime gaming' time, i'm still chunking along in Pokemon Ultra Sun; i'm mostly dorking around in the Poke Pelago and then doing the odd random battle or two. not much making game progress, but i've already completed the game so doing some other random stuff instead. I fired up Super Street Fighter 4 last night while i was trying to keep myself awake- my daughter had a Halloween event at her gymnastics gym and this old person usually goes to bed at 10pm ;)

XBox One:

Forza Horizon 4 -- 150 minutes

Fallout 4 -- 1020 minutes

Nintendo 3DS:

Pokemon Ultra Sun -- 300 minutes

Super Street Fighter 4 -- 76 minutes

• Like 3

Xbox One

COD Black Ops 4: 1,412 minutes

Red Dead Redemption 2: 197 minutes

PUBG: 118 minutes

As you can see, my crew & I have seemingly moved on to Black Ops 4. There's a battle royale mode included to scratch our PUBG itch (although I prefer PUBG), but the majority of our time is spent in standard multiplayer. Coming from the difficulty in PUBG, I'm having a lot of success so far in BO4, so I'm happy to keep playing.

I also picked up Red Dead Redemption 2, which looks amazing on the One X. I'll be jumping in on that whenever we don't have enough to enjoy BO4.

• Like 1

Sadly no modern gaming for my household once again this week, though we did log a bunch of time for the classic gaming tracker playing Sega Genesis games. On the upside, I did fix up my Wii with a new disc drive this past week so I do have quite a few modern games to play if I can convince myself to sit down and devote the time it'll take to play through one. Maybe I'll pick out a survival horror game to play for Halloween on Wednesday. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 3

Week 43

Top games
1. COD Black Ops 4 (Xbox One) - 1412 min.
2. Fallout 4 (Xbox One) - 1020 min.
3. Remothered: Tormented Fathers (PS4) - 500 min.
4. Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) - 300 min.
5. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox One) - 197 min.
6. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 150 min.
7. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) - 140 min.
8. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 118 min.
9. Super Street Fighter 4 (3DS) - 76 min.
10. Baby Pac-Man [Visual PinMAME] (PC) - 12 min.

Top systems
1. Xbox One - 2897 min.
2. PS4 - 640 min.
3. 3DS - 376 min.
4. PC - 12 min.

Total 3925 minutes and 10 different games on 4 different systems.

While the numbers are lower than the previous record week, we're still above average (3604 mins per week). As already noted, PUBG is slowing down significantly with its lowest amount of gameplay for the season. We'll see if COD Black Ops 4 becomes a new regular to the top list.

Another observation is that Pokémon Ultra Sun in the past four weeks has been tracked by enough number of minutes to pull away from Metroid Prime Trilogy and Destiny 2, and hold onto an unique all-time #2 at 5811 minutes, which of course still is miles behind PUBG at 35255 minutes.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this past week (October 29th through November 4th) on modern games...

Visual PinMAME:

Baby Pac-Man - 50 min. in 2 sessions

I played some more Baby Pac-Man in Visual PinMAME because I was looking for a formula describing the correct flipper behavior in order to implement it for the Atari 7800. There's one trick called "Post pass" where you pass the ball from one flipper to the other by releasing the flipper for a short time, and by pressing it again the ball is deflected by the bumper above the flipper, going back to the lane leading to the flipper and rolling over the flipper onto the other one. Sadly, this trick doesn't work on my version of Baby Pac-Man because the bumper's too far receded for that. But it also doesn't work in Visual PinMAME either as I found out. ;-) Anyway, I tried to get the flippers to work as realistically as possible.

• Like 4

Some racing for me this week...

XBox One

Forza 6 - 117 min (Just finished up the Porsche Motorsport Next thing... or whatever... still have all the Showcases to do. I'll get to the eventually...)

Edit: Ooops... forgot this one...

PSP

Lunar Silver Star Harmony - 206 min (Still playing a little bit before bed... not every night, but a few. Main thing I need to do is play often enough to remember where I'm supposed to go or what I'm supposed to do next. Took me a bit of wandering around to figure it out last time I picked it up. lol)

Edited by Eltigro
  • Like 5

Week 44

Top games
1. Fallout 4 (Xbox One) - 1200 min.
2. COD Black Ops 4 (Xbox One) - 1117 min.
3. Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) - 420 min.
4. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 360 min.
5. Dragon Age 2 (PC) - 340 min.
6. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) - 250 min.
7. Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PSP) - 206 min.
8. Dragon Age Origins (PC) - 120 min.
9. Forza Motorsport 6 (Xbox One) - 117 min.
10. Metro Last Light (PC) - 95 min.

Top systems
1. Xbox One - 2794 min.
2. PC - 605 min.
3. 3DS - 420 min.
4. PS4 - 250 min.
5. PSP - 206 min.
6. Browser based - 6 min.

Total 4281 minutes and 12 different games on 6 different systems.

We expected COD Black Ops 4 to be the new king of the list, though another 4, in this case Fallout 4 tops the list this week. No PUBG for the first time since StormSurge entered the tracker in week 4.

Another stat: Average number of minutes logged per game for those games logged at least 4 times:

1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Xbox One) - 881 min/week (40 times)
2. Fortnite (Xbox One) - 789 min/week (4 times)
3. Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) - 749 min/week (6 times)
4. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 546 min/week (6 times)
5. Pokémon Ultra Sun (3DS) - 519 min/week (12 times)
6. Skyrim (Xbox One) - 435 min/week (4 times)

Much further down the list we have titles like Crazy Taxi: City Rush (Android phone) which though it was tracked for 20 weeks on average only was played 85 mins/week. We also have StreetPass Mii Plaza (3DS) which has been featured 25 times with on average 24 mins and 31 seconds per week.

• Like 3

Here are my times for this week (November 5th through 11th) on modern games...

Sorry, I didn't play any modern games this week. I crashed with a scared e-scooter (I guess I got into the tram tracks) and had to stay in the hospital for two days, and on Friday my father got taken to a hospital as well because of problems with his bladder, so I had to visit him yesterday. This, sadly, leaves no time for gaming this week. I only managed to continue work on Baby Pac-Man for the Atari 7800 for a bit, where I'm now in the final stretch... all gameplay elements I wanted to include are now finished and tested, I just have to clean up the code... and then give it back to Bob who will continue to work on it.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch
  • Like 2

There wasn't quite as much gaming around here as usual this past week, due to my right arm getting injured playing last week's Atari 2600 High Score Club game Track & Field and a slow eBay delivery of the game the misses was waiting to get in the mail, but we still got some time logged over the weekend. :)

hE32yAM.jpg

Ineligible
Defender (Atari 2600)- 7 minutes
Golden Axe II (Sega Genesis) - 105 minutes
Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters (Sega Genesis) - 33 minutes
Mouse Trap (Atari 2600) - 27 minutes
Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Genesis) - 314 minutes

Nintendo Wii
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Nintendo Wii) - 650 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,136 minutes (18 hours 56 minutes) [650 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo Wii: 650 minutes
Sega Genesis: 452 minutes
Atari 2600: 34 minutes

With my right shoulder and wrist screwed up from playing Track & Field last week it was rather difficult to hold a controller for much of the week, but once I got my Wii's disc drive fixed up I discovered that I could rest the Wii Zapper over my knee and comfortably play light gun games that way. Once I figured that out I spent the majority of the week just playing through one of my old favorite light gun games, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, and managed to complete every level on Hard difficulty for the first time by the week's end. I also played a little Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters on the Genesis as well, but as you might imagine I didn't too terribly well shooting from the hip.

Speaking of Genesis games, the misses spent most of the week waiting for a copy of Golden Axe II to show up in the mail. It was supposed to be here on Tuesday but ended up not arriving until Friday, so she didn't play any games at all until the weekend rolled around. Once the game arrived though we did two full play throughs of it on Easy then Normal difficulty, and we managed to beat it without too much trouble. Thankfully Golden Axe II is way more forgiving in terms of difficulty than the first game in the series.

On Saturday we also parked it on the couch together for a good 3 and a half hours and played through Sonic 3D Blast, which is definitely one of my childhood favorite Genesis games. It may not be quite as good as the classic 2D Sonic titles, but it still never ceases to amaze me what a good job Traveler's Tales did capturing all the elements that make Sonic games fun in the series very first foray into 3D; and on a 16-bit console no less. It's got beautiful bright and colorful graphics, a great sense of speed and flow once you get a feel for the controls, excellent music, and some neat new gameplay mechanics to boot. All it in all it's just a really fun and well thought out gaming experience, even if it is radically different from every other game in the series.

The only other games that were played around here this past week were the two current Atari 2600 High Score Club games, Mouse Trap and Defender, but after my injury last week I think it'll be a while until I can play Atari 2600 games well again. I'll keep participating and posting scores every week, but I will be taking it easy for a while and not pushing myself until my arm and hand muscles are back to 100%. Looking ahead to next week I think I'll probably be catching up on some of my back catalog of Wii games that I've been meaning to play, and we've got a couple more Genesis games coming on Tuesday that the spousal unit and I are planning to play together. Should be a fun week!

I think that about covers everything for today's post, so until next time and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

• Like 4