IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2018)

^^ As far as possible, games should be listed on the format they were released for, though I normally don't check it very closely unless I already had an entry for a related system and it seems to be a too old game to be an exclusive release for the newer console. So in this case, I'm counting Sega Bass Fishing as a 360 game.

• Like 1

^^ As far as possible, games should be listed on the format they were released for, though I normally don't check it very closely unless I already had an entry for a related system and it seems to be a too old game to be an exclusive release for the newer console. So in this case, I'm counting Sega Bass Fishing as a 360 game.

Thank you sir. I will log appropriately in the future.

• Like 1

Week 48

Top games
1. COD Black Ops 4 (Xbox One) - 890 min.
2. Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch) - 787 min.
3. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Xbox One) - 266 min.
4. Diablo 3 (Switch) - 240 min.
5. Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One) - 120 min.
6. Spider-Man (PS4) - 120 min.
7. Lumines (PSP) - 63 min.
8. Dirt 4 (PS4) - 60 min.
9. Wipeout Omega (PS4) - 60 min.
10. Sega Bass Fishing (Xbox 360) - 47 min.

Top systems
1. Xbox One - 1276 min.
2. Switch - 1027 min.
3. PS4 - 240 min.
4. PSP - 92 min.
5. Xbox 360 - 47 min.

Total 2682 minutes and 11 different games on 5 different systems.

COD Black Ops 4 at the top, though it gets serious competition from Let's Go, Eevee! Together with Diablo 3, these two games multiply the total number of minutes on the Switch by a factor of 17, from a measly 64 minutes to 1091 minutes. So far not a single Switch game has been played more than once, let's see which is the first to get repeated game time! Speaking of all time minutes, COD Black Ops 4 just barely goes past Fallout 4 also on the Xbox One, and is only 450 minutes from the all time #2 spot.

• Like 6

Thanks for providing the stats, carlsson!

My Switch is my early Christmas present from my wife so I anticipate spending a good deal of my Modern Gaming time on it since it also doubles as a portable system, too. :)

Once the Horizon 4 xpac comes out on the 13th, though, we'll see how I split my game time.

• Like 3

A pretty darn good week for gaming around here this past week, with play times split relatively equally between classic and modern games. :)

sDzl2tz.jpg

Ineligible
B.O.B. (Sega Genesis)- 69 minutes
Dig Dug (Atari 2600) - 100 minutes
Golden Axe (Sega Genesis, played on Genesis 6-Pak) - 53 minutes
The Revenge of Shinobi (Sega Genesis, played on Genesis 6-Pak) - 262 minutes
Tomb Raider (PlayStation) - 144 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 600 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,228 minutes (20 hours 28 minutes) [600 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo 3DS: 600 minutes
Sega Genesis: 384 minutes
PlayStation: 144 minutes
Atari 2600: 100 minutes

Starting off the week I wasn't exactly sure what to play, so I decided to get back to B.O.B. on the Genesis and see if I could make some forward progress. Unfortunately the maze-like levels have probably gotten just a little too tough for me at this point so it wasn't long before I abandoned B.O.B. and went looking for something new to play. The misses was in much the same boat, having given up on Super Metroid on account of not being able to beat Ridley, so she decided to give The Revenge of Shinobi on the Genesis a try.

She had never played The Revenge of Shinobi before but had seen it praised by many game reviewers on YouTube and thought it looked fun, and (much to my surprise) she ended up loving it and beat the entire game on her second attempt. I've always struggled with this game and found it to be absurdly difficult, never making it further than the 4th or 5th stage, but that didn't seem to be a problem for the spousal unit. After watching her plow through The Revenge of Shinobi I decided to take on a game that she had always had a tough time with and never beaten, that game being Golden Axe, and (much to her surprise) managed to beat it on my first try! It felt like quite an accomplishment too, since while I've beaten Golden Axe II many times I had never beaten the original before.

With a few Sega Genesis games under our belts for the week I spent a little time playing Dig Dug for the Atari 2600 High Score Club, until I was pretty confident that I had gotten the best score I could, then finally settled on a longer and more story driven game to occupy my free time. The game I decided to play was the Master Quest in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on the 3DS. I had played through the original Ocarina of Time earlier in the year but had never tried the Master Quest that unlocks upon beating the original game, and seeing as how my 3DS had been sitting around collecting dust for the last couple months it seemed like a good way to give the system some use again. It ended up being a very good decision and it never fails to amaze me just how astonishingly good the stereoscopic 3D effect is on the New 3DS XL, which is something I seem to forget whenever I go a while without playing the system. I definitely need to pick up some more 3DS games to play next year as finances allow.

For her gaming time for the rest of the week the misses settled on an old favorite that she usually plays through once a year, Tomb Raider on the PlayStation. She's only logged a few hours in it thus far but is already 1/3 or so of the way through the game and I have no doubt that she'll breeze through the rest of the game in fairly short order. She's already declared her intention to play through Tomb Raider II next after she finishes the original, and at this rate it looks like she'll be starting in on the second game in the series next week. For my gaming time next week the only things on my agenda are to continue playing through the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time 3D and spend a bit of time with next week's Atari 2600 High Score Club game, but that's pretty much it for me.

I think that about covers everything for this week, so until next time and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

Week 49

Top games
1. Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch) - 614 min.
2. Diablo 3 (Switch) - 600 min.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - 600 min.
4. COD Black Ops 4 (Xbox One) - 407 min.
5. Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero (Switch) - 293 min.
6. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (Xbox One) - 195 min.
7. Little Big Planet (Vita) - 45 min.
8. TxK (Vita) - 33 min.
9. Muchi Muchi Pork (Arcade) - 5 min.

Top systems
1. Switch - 1507 min.
2. Xbox One - 602 min.
3. 3DS - 600 min.
4. Vita - 78 min.
5. Arcade - 5 min.

Total 2792 minutes and 9 different games on 5 different systems.

The Vita makes its debut in the tracker in a week where Pokémon, Diablo and Zelda are having a tight battle at the top resulting in that the Switch takes its first systems title. COD Black Ops 4 also ends up in 4th place, now a mere 43 minutes from another Pokémon game, namely Ultra Sun on the 3DS. To round out the tracker, I grabbed Eltigro's mislisted 2007 arcade game minutes from the classic tracker.

• Like 6

Switch:

Shantae:1/2 Genie Hero -- 246 mins

Pokemon: Let's Go, Eevee! -- 803 minutes

Diablo 3 -- 428 minutes

XBox One:

Forza Horizon 4 -- 120 minutes

You can probably figure out which three games I own for my Switch. ;) I heard Santa is bringing me another, tho!

I'm at Risky's Hideout in Shantae (Main Story Mode)- I spent the time to gather up a bunch of the items. In LG: Eevee I just finished the Cinnabar gym so I'm heading to Veridian City! In Diablo 3 I hit 70 on my Necro and have started running Rifts to gear on Torment I. All in all I am really enjoying the time with my Switch.

I played Horizon 4 for a couple of hours to dork around with the new expansion. One thing I remembered really quickly is that waiting for this game to load is frustrating, and the constant crashing and weird performance issues were frustrating as heck too.

Aside from my TV freaking out and refusing to recognize my Switch dock last night (it's old and I suspect on its last legs), honestly I have had a better player experience with my Switch than I did my XBox this week.

• Like 6

This week went much like I was expecting it would last week, which is to say pretty darn good! :)

4eAb4ql.jpg

Ineligible
Gopher (Atari 2600- 56 minutes
Surround (Atari 2600) - 33 minutes

Tomb Raider (PlayStation) - 507 minutes
Ultra SCSIcide (Atari 2600) - 30 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Demo - 22 minutes
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 827 minutes
StreetPass Mii Plaza - 10 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
1,485 minutes (24 hours 45 minutes) [859 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Nintendo 3DS: 859 minutes
PlayStation: 507 minutes
Atari 2600: 119 minutes

This week was pretty much a repeat of last week in terms of gaming time. I spent most of the week working on my game of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on the 3DS while the misses ran, jumped, shot, and climbed her way through Tomb Raider on the PlayStation. At this point we're both fairly close to finishing our respective games, with just one temple left to go for me in Ocarina of Time and just a few levels left for her in Tomb Raider.

Other than our main gaming focuses the only other games played around here this past week were some Atari 2600 High Score Club games and the demo of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (a very cool game that I'll have to pick up the full version of at some point) as well as StreetPass Mii Plaza on the 3DS, since I ended up getting the first StreetPass hit I've had on my 3DS since August so I had a few minigames to play. The Atari 2600 HSC games were a good bit of fun too, and the spousal unit actually joined me to take turns playing Gopher for a bit, but I think I'm done with the HSC games for this round so I'll probably wait to see what next week's game is before I fire up the Atari 2600 again.

Speaking of next week, I'm pretty sure I'll be finishing up The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D next week and it looks like the misses will be wrapping up Tomb Raider as well. I know she's planning on starting in on Tomb Raider II as soon as she's finished with the first game in the series, though I'm not too sure what I'll be playing next. Maybe Star Fox 64 3D again? I have been really enjoying playing my 3DS more as of late so I'm sure I'll find something to play on it once I'm done with Ocarina of Time.

Until then, and as always, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 6

PC

Machinarium - 268 min (Neat looking game. Point and click adventure. The lack of text or voice is always interesting. Nice how they can get you to understand what you're supposed to do next (usually) without and verbal/text clues. I did get stuck a few times and consulted a walkthrough, but still pretty fun game.)

Deponia - 100 min (Not too far into this one. The standard point and click adventure. Seems pretty fun so far.)

• Like 5

Forgot to post last week I should put a reminder up in my calendar, even if I don't play anything Is it okay to just say "hey I'm not playing anything?"

PC

Dragon Quest 11 75

Skyrim 135

Fallout 4 660

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Remaster 220

Just started up Heroes of Might and Magic it's been years since I've played it and now I'm reminded why it's one of my favorite games of all time, they did a solid job remastering it a few years ago on PC.
  • Like 5

Week 50

Top games

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - 827 min.

2. Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch) - 803 min.

3. Fallout 4 (PC) - 660 min.

4. Diablo 3 (Switch) - 428 min.

5. COD Black Ops 4 (Xbox One) - 398 min.

6. Machinarium (PC) - 268 min.

7. Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero (Switch) - 246 min.

8. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (Xbox One) - 230 min.

9. Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Remastered (PC) - 220 min.

10. Lumines 2 (PSP) - 145 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 1477 min.

2. PC - 1458 min.

3. 3DS - 859 min.

4. Xbox One - 748 min.

5. PSP - 208 min.

6. Vita - 88 min.

Total 4838 minutes and 20 different games on 6 different systems.

Ocarina of Time 3D and Let's Go, Eevee! switch places this week. Fallout 4 returns to the list and Diablo 3 is not far away. COD Black Ops 4 overtakes the all-time #2, a position that Fallout 4 would have if the PC and Xbox One versions were combined.

And yes, it is perfectly fine to post "I haven't played anything this week" if you just want to mark your presence. Some already do that, some only post when they have anything to contribute.

Merry Christmas, and hopefully the next summary will be out on Boxing Day.

• Like 6