IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2018)

All pc games

Civilization V (I'm working on finishing all the achievements

Tropico 4

Quake III Arena (the graphics are dated, but it's still one of the best death match games around)

Magic 1015 (I can play it for short periods, the solo game is one loaded deck after another, but it still doesn't take long to finish)

I think it's time to try a dungeon crawler for a while

Do you know about how long you played them this week? I can't really add them to the tracker without a time :/

Continued to play alot of PS4 this week, finishing 4 games (Platinuming Candleman) and getting quite far on a few others. Next week will probably be a bit less modern times as I plan to try to get a bit more Retro gaming in :)

PS4

Candleman - 515min

The Golden Circle - 105min

Gunscape - 15min

The Inpatient (VR) - 155min

The Invisible Hours (VR) - 60min

Pupil: Wandering (VR) - 30min

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 355min

Voltron VR Chronicles (VR) - 60min

Volume - 150min

• Like 2

My modern stuff this week was all PS3...

PS3

Just Cause 2 - 30 min (Downloaded this one because it was cheap. Don't really like the controls too much, don't know how much I'll be playing it.)

Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch - 184 min (Advanced the story pretty far, got to the end, defeated the eponymous White Witch, but then got killed by the second end boss... and I saved so long ago... I'm gonna have to go through that again... argghhh! I resisted throwing my PS3 controller. lol)

Is this the same Ni No Kuni you played last week? sorry not familiar with this series

• Like 1

It was a big week for gaming around my household this past week, though almost all of it was on pre-2000 systems so I'm afraid we don't have much to share in the way of modern gaming time this week.

8xZuQ38.jpg

Ineligible
Battlezone (Atari 2600) - 163 minutes
Brutal: Paws of Fury (Sega CD) - 107 minutes
Doom (Sega 32X) - 208 minutes
Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD) - 791 minutes
Ecco: The Tides of Time (Sega CD) - 539 minutes
Kid Chameleon (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 74 minutes
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure (Sega CD) - 8 minutes
Samurai Shodown (Sega CD) - 24 minutes
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis, Played on 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Nintendo 3DS) - 153 minutes
Star Wars Arcade (Sega 32X) - 26 minutes
Tetris (Nintendo Game Boy) - 17 minutes
Time Pilot (Atari 2600) - 65 minutes
Virtua Fighter (Sega 32X) - 82 minutes
Virtua Racing (Sega 32X) - 272 minutes
Wizard of Wor (Atari 2600) - 20 minutes
Wolfchild (Sega CD) - 16 minutes

Nintendo GameCube
Metroid Prime - 56 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
2,621 minutes (43 hours 41 minutes) [56 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Sega CD: 1,485 minutes
Sega 32X: 588 minutes
Atari 2600: 248 minutes
Sega Genesis: 227 minutes
Nintendo GameCube: 56 minutes
Nintendo Game Boy: 17 minutes

I started off the week by playing the one modern tracker eligible game that I spent time on: Metroid Prime for the GameCube. Having beat Metroid Prime on Normal difficulty last year I decided to try it on Hard this year, and over the past weeks I put a good number of hours into it. Unfortunately though I hit a major wall this week on Metroid Prime's Thardus boss, trying to beat the boss over half a dozen times and never being able to knock more than 50% off it's life bar off before dying horribly. The idea of giving up on the game after putting 7 hours into it was pretty disheartening, but my reflexive abilities just weren't up to the task of handling this mid-game boss so back on the shelf Metroid Prime went.

After giving up on Metroid Prime I wasn't really sure what to play next, so I bounced around between fighting games and old Sega favorites for much of the week. Since those were all ineligible for this tracker I'll save some thread space by just saying that you're interested in reading about the older games played in my household this week you can find the rest of the story here in the Classic Gaming Tracker.

I hope you've all been having a lot of fun with your gaming activities and until next time, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Here are my times for this week (January 29th through February 4th) on modern games:

Android:
Crazy Taxi: City Rush - 95 min. in 7 sessions

Browser-based:
Papa's Pancakeria - 121 min. in 4 sessions

Twitch:

Stockstream - 18 min.

I basically continued to play the same games as last week. In Papa's Pancakeria I managed to unlock all the drinks, and in Crazy Taxi: City Rush I made some progress in the downtown area. I cut back my time on Stockstream because of the condition of my mother who was in the hospital until Wednesday and returned there yesterday for another infusion. She's clearly degraded and can't do several things anymore which she was able to do before. So I'm trying to get my life in order, doing what I have to do.

• Like 3

My times this week...

Playstation 3

Journey - 112 min (Another run through on this one. Picked up another couple of trophies. Nothing spectacular.)

Playstation 2

Jak and Daxter - 103 min (Have had this game for a while now, but never put it in until today. Not bad, but I hate the camera controls. Left/right is inverted and that is confusing, plus it's pretty much impossible to look up or down (from what I've seen) which makes for many blind jumps. It's entertaining, but there are better PS2 3rd person platform collectathons...)

Other than those, I browsed the game shops on the PS3, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, but just looking at games I can't afford doesn't equal playing games. lol

• Like 2

It was quite a good week for gaming around my household this past week, though not much of it was eligible for the Modern tracker. With that in mind I'll just post my usual picture and times for the week and you can find my writeup for the week's gaming activities here in the Classic tracker if you're interested in reading it. :)

BnDMwWl.jpg

Ineligible

Beamrider (Atari 2600) - 56 minutes

Dragon's Fury (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 117 minutes

Life Force (NES, Played on Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console) - 11 minutes

Ecco: The Tides of Time (Sega CD) - 182 minutes
Samurai Shodown (Sega CD) - 216 minutes

Samurai Shodown (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 82 minutes

Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 7 minutes

Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Genesis, Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 105 minutes
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis) - 248 minutes

Virtua Racing Deluxe (Sega 32X) - 68 minutes

Nintendo 3DS
3D Classics: Xevious - 15 minutes
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 195 minutes

Total Play Time This Week
1,302 minutes (21 hours 42 minutes) [210 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Sega Genesis: 559 minutes
Sega CD: 398 minutes
Nintendo 3DS: 210 minutes
Sega 32X: 68 minutes
Atari 2600: 56 minutes
NES: 11 minutes

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

Here are my times spent with modern games for this week (February 5th through 11th)...

Android:

Crazy Taxi: City Rush - 108 min. in 7 sessions

Browser:
Papa's Pancakeria - 160 min. in 5 sessions

Twitch:
Stockstream - 50 min. in 2 sessions

This week I basically continued to play the same games as last week. In Papa's Pancakeria, I've now unlocked all the drinks and ingredients, and only new customers are appearing. In Crazy Taxi: City Rush, I completed the Uptown district and started my first missions in Neverly Hills, which is very hard because the taxi you get at the start isn't up to the task at all, and it's very hard to win any mission before you've at least somewhat upgraded it. In Stockstream, I tested a new Twitch extension, but didn't get to actually vote although the week was a very volatile one with stock prices dropping like flies.

My real concern, however, is now the condition of my parents. My 87 year old mother fell to the ground on Tuesday night when she tried to turn out the light, and then fell out of bed on Wednesday afternoon. She's now in the hospital and will have surgery either tomorrow or on Wednesday. Her condition has got progressively worse over the last weeks, and my father now applies for a place in a nursing home for her. I spent over 5 hours over the last week on supporting them in one way or another. My father is 83 as well and also degrading somewhat, so it sometimes gets hard to talk to him.

• Like 4