IGNORED

Idea for homebrew title that 7800-homebrew dev. may consider to produce: Pac Land 1984

Giles N

2 hours ago, Giles N said:

@aaron1677

Would it be possible to draw the houses in tiles, which would be as sizeable as to be practical platforms, unto which PacMan could jump upon?

I.e. enlarge them by c. 50% and cut them into tiles of 16 pixels x 16 pixels?

you need not draw jumpable platforms....i could use

touchable tiles.....but if you jump on the houses....the size does not fit......and if i make bigger houses,i run out of tiles.....maybe i can do

something in a later level....with less houses,but not

in level 2

When level 2....stage 1 is done.....we will see,what i have left and what i need.

1 hour ago, gambler172 said:

this will fit

And just say whatever else you need...

, as my PC is not quite up ‘n going,  please do post screenshots as to how stuff looks like right now...

?????????

Eager to see it & share it with others interested here on atariage...

??

Edited by Giles N

5 hours ago, Giles N said:

@aaron1677

Would it be possible to draw the houses in tiles, which would be as sizeable as to be practical platforms, unto which PacMan could jump upon?

I.e. enlarge them by c. 50% and cut them into tiles of 16 pixels x 16 pixels?

Yes I can definitely do this. I think the houses need to be much bigger for sure. But Gambler is saying it's not possible? There must be a way...

586862148_ScreenShot2020-04-15at2_06_12PM.png.9e0d022f30b28b78229dd558731752dc.png 

@gambler172 @Giles N This is Jaden's interpretation of TIX's sprite of PacMan. IMO, this one looks much better (with the dark outline) and hat. I know you are making the hat a powerup, but maybe he can just "glow/blink" when he has the invincibility and have that hat on all the time, which i think looks much better. Can we get our hero looking like this?

1 hour ago, aaron1677 said:

586862148_ScreenShot2020-04-15at2_06_12PM.png.9e0d022f30b28b78229dd558731752dc.png 

@gambler172 @Giles N This is Jaden's interpretation of TIX's sprite of PacMan. IMO, this one looks much better (with the dark outline) and hat. I know you are making the hat a powerup, but maybe he can just "glow/blink" when he has the invincibility and have that hat on all the time, which i think looks much better. Can we get our hero looking like this?

I would really like the dark outline...