IGNORED

Idea for homebrew title that 7800-homebrew dev. may consider to produce: Pac Land 1984

Giles N

Hi Guys

added a new Pacman Player....it is not complete...so do not wonder,if there are glitches...also added a graphic from Giles...and a new death sequence.

And now,for all CRAZY ones,who shout....WE DO NOT WANT A SHOOTING PAC MAN.....i took out the pellets.....but it is possible to beat the 1st stage :)

pacland noshoot.a78

So, this seems to be moving towards a different kind of game. No disrespect intended, but I'm wondering if we can't reach out to @PacManPlus and see if we can get the engine tweaked to allow for things like: pushing, power pellets, spring boards, darkness, and I remember reading a while back about him maybe allowing reverse scrolling, which really is one of the bigger hallmarks of PacLand!

I totally understand that you are doing the best you can with the existing editor @gambler172, but perhaps trying to find workarounds like making the invincibility more available to act similar to the game where PacMan can "eat" ghosts (in this case he'd just kill them by being invincible), etc. might be the better way to go. 

Just my two cents!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aaron1677 said:

So, this seems to be moving towards a different kind of game. No disrespect intended, but I'm wondering if we can't reach out to @PacManPlus and see if we can get the engine tweaked to allow for things like: pushing, power pellets, spring boards, darkness, and I remember reading a while back about him maybe allowing reverse scrolling, which really is one of the bigger hallmarks of PacLand!

I totally understand that you are doing the best you can with the existing editor @gambler172, but perhaps trying to find workarounds like making the invincibility more available to act similar to the game where PacMan can "eat" ghosts (in this case he'd just kill them by being invincible), etc. might be the better way to go. 

Just my two cents!

Just for info

Bob is not the programmer of the editor.....Bob made Bentley.....if you want an original Pacland...

it must be coded completely new.....so feel free...

i am only a little hacker with some Knowledge of

7800 Basic....and by the way....i like more a Pacland style jumpnrun,than the original....so please

accept,what we have or feel free to add the items,you want....if you are able to do it.But

if you change the program,the editor will not

accept it anymore.The editor was written to help

Bob with his work.......

@gambler172

Please give feedback on what you need to build background/backdrops with tiles.

And, even though we may end up having a game playing more like Bentley Bear, I think it would be cool to try have it look very akin to the PacLand game...

Since Pac, in the coin-op, runs kind of like on a background that goes into a horizon where there are hills as two parallaxes, we need to have one set of earth-ground tiles onto which PacMan runs and one set which is coded/labeled ‘backdrop’... if possible of course!

@gambler172

Please give feedback on what you need to build background/backdrops with tiles.

And, even though we may end up having a game playing more like Bentley Bear, I think it would be cool to try have it look very akin to the PacLand game...

Since Pac, in the coin-op, runs kind of like on a background that goes into a horizon where there are hills as two parallaxes, we need to have one set of earth-ground tiles onto which PacMan runs and one set which is coded/labeled ‘backdrop’... if possible of course!

PNG-bilde 71.png

PNG-bilde 72.png

PNG-bilde 31.png