IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

17 hours ago, JPF997 said:

I must admit the Evercade Atomic addition is one of the most gorgeous consoles I've ever seen, if I didn't already have other systems on my sights (namely the 400 mini  and C64 Maxi,) I would have purchased this already .

image.png.ac9f0033ae262a609946971e92b22fa8.png

It is pretty slick looking, that's for sure.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 7:52 AM, Songbird said:

Yep, it's true! Get 'em while you can. Also just added Super Pocket branded carry cases, a couple of VS controllers, and more restocks.

https://songbird-productions.com

Hi Songbird,

When shall I be able to preorder the Piko 3 and Sunsoft 2 carts?

I like your service,you are my go to Evercade supplier!😊👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Hi Songbird,

When shall I be able to preorder the Piko 3 and Sunsoft 2 carts?

I like your service,you are my go to Evercade supplier!😊👍

They're both on there now. Also Piko 4 too if that's what you meant.

• 3 weeks later...

Vague roadmap shared:

2024_ROADMAP_EVERCADE_MARCH.thumb.png.747a836ca2d44b1d9cd19481d41d3fcd.png
At least one of each color of cart. The new hardware isn't Super Pocket.

We've got some big plans for 2024. Another 10 collections coming in 2024, in addition to the already released Indie Heroes Collection 3 and THEC64 Collection 3 last month. So that's a total of 12 great cartridge collections in 2024.

There's been a lot of work behind the scenes in getting even bigger and better licenses, franchises and games for Evercade and you're going to hear about the next batch of Evercade cartridges very soon!

You might notice four "New Hardware" options there. Keep an eye on all our social media and email lists as lots of things will be announced in the coming months. 

There are lots of things to be excited about!

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

The new hardware isn't Super Pocket.

That's my assumption as well since it's not an Evercade branded product, but I'm very puzzled by FOUR new hardware options. Maybe some of them will be accessories, or maybe they will release new models of the EXP with Taito games instead of Capcom or something, but it's still very intriguing. It seems too soon to me to release a brand new handheld for instance; I'd love an EXP with better battery life but there's no way I will buy a new one and it would be simpler to just release a new battery for it.

Just got in c64 vol 3, woot, going to have to play jump an Jr this weekend.

I'm surprised 4 years in the evercade still seems to be going strong, I need to build s new rack for mine, the original I built years ago was for 21 or so cart boxes, and we blew by that some time ago. What's there like 50 carts currently? Think a rack for 75 will be enough?

• Like 2

My guess for at least some of the new hardware would be an arcade controller and perhaps some wireless options (and I suppose to extend that, perhaps spinner and trackball options; and maybe to go REALLY far out, a light gun option). Those are among the most requested items. I can't see them doing another handheld iteration or even another VS for this year (definitely next year a strong possibility for both), but I guess you can never truly rule that out.

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Video said:

What's there like 50 carts currently? Think a rack for 75 will be enough?

55. 20 would be less than two more years at the current rate.

So it sounds like we're getting more of an existing publisher: "we continue to bring great new names to Evercade, alongside some returning friends and even more ways to play." (From the blog: https://evercade.co.uk/the-2024-evercade-roadmap/)

Hoping for more Toaplan, Irem, Jaleco, or Data East.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

My guess for at least some of the new hardware would be an arcade controller and perhaps some wireless options (and I suppose to extend that, perhaps spinner and trackball options; and maybe to go REALLY far out, a light gun option). Those are among the most requested items. I can't see them doing another handheld iteration or even another VS for this year (definitely next year a strong possibility for both), but I guess you can never truly rule that out.

That'd be awesome if you're right!  I'd like arcade controllers or trackballs.  For some reason when I thought about it,  I was mostly imagining new colors of handheld and VS,  but I do hope to be surprised.  If it turns out to be new colors/design schemes for VS and handhelds, or possibly new bundles etc.,  those might get more people into it who were on the fence before...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

That'd be awesome if you're right!  I'd like arcade controllers or trackballs.  For some reason when I thought about it,  I was mostly imagining new colors of handheld and VS,  but I do hope to be surprised.  If it turns out to be new colors/design schemes for VS and handhelds, or possibly new bundles etc.,  those might get more people into it who were on the fence before...

Of course, another option is some type of adapter that allows use of USB keyboards and mice. It feels like those types of older computer games would be a logical next step. Either way, I'd be SHOCKED if there weren't SOME type of peripherals in that as-yet-unknown batch of hardware. I really do think they can't realistically introduce any new hardware this year, other than perhaps some more themed/skinned stuff a la the Duke Nukem VS (and, pretty much no matter what it is, I'd have to pass on, since I already have a regular VS, regular Duke, original handheld, and EXP).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

The problem with any peripherals is that the Evercade is primarily a handheld ecosystem.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a problem. They do actively sell, sell variations of, a console. That might actual encourage both more console and game sales to handheld owners who haven't made the jump. They're already clearly quite comfortable in having some games work or be locked to some form factors or specific handhelds and not other devices. This would just be an extension of that. And again, these are things actively requested by the community, so if they can do it in their usual cost-effective manner, they will sell.

• Like 1

We have to lock in our Evercade distributor order in about two weeks, so pre-order the new carts now if you want to be part of that first wave!

Sunsoft #2: https://songbird-productions.com/product/evercade-sunsoft-collection-2/

Piko #4: https://songbird-productions.com/product/evercade-piko-collection-4/

Thank you for your continued support, and have a Happy Easter!

• Like 2

My prediction is July will be a repacked VS with a new arcade collection and hopefully the second July hardware item will be some kind of arcade controller for the VS.  The July items will be themed to work together.  Now what I don't want to see in July is a VS sold with no cart but just a VS in some new packaging as the VS systems have seemingly been sold out and not restocked for a while.  But that's just one hardware for July you say... well it would suck if the second July item is a limited edition of this set because then the 2 slots are really blank spaces on the road map as they would be nothing of interest.

As for November's hardware, it'll be a repacked EXP (with different games such as Taito as mentioned by others).  The second item seems a mystery that I can't figure out... unless this is the bad case scenario where the two items are repacked EXP's one regular release and the other being a limited edition variant.  This would suck as well.

I know the Super Pockets are not these items and I'm thankful for that.  With four slots being placed on the road map, you have the think they have something interesting planned and wouldn't just rehash repacks.  Ultimately, having the hardware releases tied to two cart releases has to be some kind of a clue.  That's what makes me think my VS idea will be repacked with one or two new arcade collections.

Of the 8 unknown carts this year... my wish is 2 purple carts, two blue and 4 red.  Leaves a lot for everyone to enjoy.  Now if they can get some 4 player arcade titles out, that VS release could be a real fun time!  

Oh, an arcade stick with a spinner all in one... and/or a trackball?  Now that seems like a pipe dream.  lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to Blaze social media, The Curse of Illmore Bay is kicking off the Game of the Month this year:

IMG_8535.thumb.jpeg.bdd3a3795d440e43f4e0aebe543535f2.jpeg

I have been expecting it for a long time. One more off my expected list.

In other news, apparently there are currently zero Piko carts in the pipeline beyond Console 4 according to Piko themselves. For me that's a huge bummer but I know they have their haters. They own a substantial number of computer games I would like a crack at too.

• Like 1