IGNORED

Leonard Tramiel Exclusive Text Interview - Great Commodore & Atari Insight

Adriano Arcade

On 11/25/2021 at 7:54 PM, Lostdragon said:

Jane's planning a personal sequel (yet can be seen  constantly waxing on about working with the best TEAM, whilst at Atari.. ? no I in team, just M and E)... 

So it will be most interesting to see some fruits from a solo effort this time around. 

And wants the community (well those naive enough to hang on his every word on Twitter) to put forward the design concepts for it.. 

Doesn't the English dictionary define Personal as... 

'.. belonging to or intended for a particular person and no-one else  '

So if the game concepts are being put forward by others, it's not a personal sequel, but a community based one? 

?

If it's anything like their 2012 released game "Circus World" I don't think people will be to pleased with what the 5 time programmer of the year can achieve.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ThatGuyMike said:

As many people can confirm, if you ask a question Jane cant answer, Jane will accuse you of performing a hate crime, block you and go cry to the people who still believe their BS.

And presented with overwhelming evidence they had been played by Jane, what did the likes of The Waffling Taylor's and these do exactly? 

Haptic blocked all comments. 

RMC kept the video up. 

Retrogamer Magazine won't do anything other than say they'll never reprint the interview with Jane. 

Jane retains a degree of credibility as people refuse to act having been fooled. 

His Twitter followers hang on his every word. 
Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/27/2021 at 1:41 PM, Lostdragon said:

And presented with overwhelming evidence they had been played by Jane, what did the likes of The Waffling Taylor's and these do exactly? 

Haptic blocked all comments. 

RMC kept the video up. 

Retrogamer Magazine won't do anything other than say they'll never reprint the interview with Jane. 

Jane retains a degree of credibility as people refuse to act having been fooled. 

His Twitter followers hang on his every word. 

Hannah Jarvis - the interviewer here is a director of Athena Worlds…..

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

"When at Atari, I developed “Alien Vs Predator”, the top selling Atari product of the 1990’s selling many million products and spawning the “Alien Vs Predator” series of movies. This title also earned me an Oscar, being awarded the “best movie spin-off” title of all time at its release."

Many million products ... and of course an Oscar ... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

"BBC Documentary
I just completed filming my life story for the BBC and Discovery Channel who are airing a six part 
series on my industry achievements in October 2017. This includes testimonials from Bill Gates, 
Sid Meier, Wild Bill Stealey and Sam Tramiel, President of Atari who has come out of retirement 
for his first interview in 23 years specifically to support me. In all 12 major figures from the 
industry have spoken of my contributions to gaming"

Hadn't realized until i read that part, The Discovery Channel were also due to air this series and it was to ge a six part affair. 

The BBC Jurno i was in brief contact with had implied it was a mere one-off and intended for just the BBC. 

If the Discovery Channel claim is indeed true (this is Whittaker after all), that puts even more emphasis on Whittaker to explain to the flock, why said series was suddenly drooped by both the BBC and The Discovery Channel.

And oh the irony Jane of this statement :

".. This includes testimonials from Bill Gates, 
Sid Meier, Wild Bill Stealey and Sam Tramiel, President of Atari who has come out of retirement 
for his first interview in 23 years specifically to support me. In all 12 major figures from the 
industry have spoken of my contributions to gaming"

Wild Bill Stealey and Sam Tramiel certainly did speak of you recently, but not regarding your contributions to gaming, but how you've lied about said contributions, name dropping them for credibility. 

Anyone know what this relates to from the awards section of that laughable C. V:

The Midas touch – PC Gamer Magazine UK

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

If you want a more realistic CV of Janes work in the past 20 years, heres what I can recall from memory:

Perceptions- Died.
Circus World- Could be mistaken for a 1st year game design student project.
FSX packs- Consistently bad reviews.
Keystone- Folded.
BBC Documentary- Mysteriously cancelled.
Rogue Islands- Negative reviews right after Jane took over, then left unfinished.
Blue Sock- Folded after countless promises of investments and contracts that shockingly never manifested, and all the staff walked away.
Emmet AI- Died.
Bad Panda- Folded after being involved with Jane.
Athena- Only images shown were literally pre-existing demo scenes provided in Unity asset packs. Existed in many forms since at least 2017, always with different functionalities, all of which were faked. Nobody of note with technical expertise has ever seen it working.
Power Crystal remake- Nothing ever shown beyond the same old news clippings and a table full of old sketches.
AvP sequel- Nothing ever shown beyond a photo of Jane sitting in a garden.

But who is everyone gonna believe? The industry rockstar so loaded with accomplishments, its weird that they struggle to fund any projects?

Or the people who worked with said industry rockstar, who have literal paper trails that show exactly why they cant fund anything.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

"I have been three times winner of the ELSPA (European Leisure Publishers Association) Programmer of the Year award and twice winner in the USA."

There does not appear to be any such ELSPA award?

Sometimes with a BS master, there are lies within the lies...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

"I have been three times winner of the ELSPA (European Leisure Publishers Association) Programmer of the Year award and twice winner in the USA."

There does not appear to be any such ELSPA award?

The Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association (ELSPA) is an organization set up in 1989 by British software publishers. It was known as The European Leisure Software Publishers Association until 2002.

Between 1994 and Spring 2003 ELSPA voluntarily rated computer games released in Britain that were exempt from legal classification by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC). The ratings given were originally 3-10, 11-14, 15-17 and 18+. "X"s would highlight which age group a title was not suitable for, while a check mark in the categories above that would indicate the suitable ages. 

This has now been replaced by a European ratings system, called PEGI.

ELSPA are responsible for providing sales charts for computer games sold in the United Kingdom, and promoting anti-piracy initiatives.

The European Leisure Software Publishers Association awards games based on how well the products sell in europe. There are awards for 300k units sold, Platinum, 200k units sold, Gold, 100k units sold, Silver.

ELSPA works to protect, promote and provide for the interests of all its members, as well as addressing issues that affect the industry as a whole. 

Not a sausage about coder of the year awards they literally seem to provide sales data,game rating systems etc. 

Unless Jane can get testimonials from any of these, it's yet another utter fabrication. 

Roger Bennett    CEO    89    -    31 Jul 06
Mike Rawlinson    Director    Jun 99    -    19 Feb 09
David Yarnton    Director    04    -    8 Sept 10
Paul Jackson    CEO    31 Jul 06    -    19 Feb 09
Mike Rawlinson

The courts are going to utterly destroy his case. 

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 2

On 12/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, ThatGuyMike said:

If you want a more realistic CV of Janes work in the past 20 years, heres what I can recall from memory:

Perceptions- Died.

BBC Documentary- Mysteriously cancelled

Power Crystal remake- Nothing ever shown beyond the same old news clippings and a table full of old sketches.

AvP sequel- Nothing ever shown beyond a photo of Jane sitting in a garden.

But who is everyone gonna believe? The industry rockstar so loaded with accomplishments, its weird that they struggle to fund any projects?

Or the people who worked with said industry rockstar, who have literal paper trails that show exactly why they cant fund anything.

We should also add:

BBC and History Channel Documentary /6-part series mysteriously cancelled. 

Power Crystal Remake:Supposed Major Publisher who was interested, unknown to this day. 

Project Artemis/Springer Spaniel Software:Press Release issued, nothing ever came of it. 

Spiritual AVP successor:vague talk of potential kickstarter project, multiple platforms annouced, community ideas asked for. 

Jane now promising to discuss in upcoming Q+A session. 

Has been talking Easter Eggs in commercial AVP code, just shared the old computer log screens, in-house jokes etc. 

Still nothing seen of any beer drinking/cigarette smoking Predator. 

No sharing of games A. I routines as promised many months ago. 

Still taking credit for Dungeon Keeper II on Twitter, despite multiple Bullfrog staff making clear game had shipped by time Jane arrived. 

Screenshot_20211206-102335.png

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 3

I have more questions for Janes little event (should it ever happen).

1: Why are all your accomplishments recorded as old photographs? Its the same ones over and over again.

2: Do you own a scanner?

3: How can we believe any of your claims, when I know without a doubt that you probably had some of the images doctored? And before any denials are made there, you literally had me photoshop one. Heres my proof.

image.thumb.png.7964f66f1d8d8e8db53af9c05fe22ae7.png

Which leads to 4: What actually happened at Rebellion? Why didnt you want someone to see you associated with them? What do they know about you that youre so scared of anyone finding out?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ThatGuyMike said:

1: Why are all your accomplishments recorded as old photographs? Its the same ones over and over again.

2: Do you own a scanner?

3: How can we believe any of your claims, when I know without a doubt that you probably had some of the images doctored? And before any denials are made there, you literally had me photoshop one. Heres my proof.

image.thumb.png.7964f66f1d8d8e8db53af9c05fe22ae7.png

Which leads to 4: What actually happened at Rebellion? Why didnt you want someone to see you associated with them? What do they know about you that youre so scared of anyone finding out?

Apparently it's still on

Looking at your points:

1) and 2)Youd have to hope, when put under questioning by the Judge, Jane's asked why, someone who's been so meticulous when keeping material from his illustrious career, never videotaped anything. 

To date there's never been any video footage, not even test routines for Power Crystal, no playtesters reports, nothing to back up the claim it was 100% finished. 

The only recovered assests:

https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/2019/10/power-crystal-assets-3do-m2/

And a lot of testimonials saying it was way off finished. 

You'd also, by this stage, by happy to name anyone from the Atari/Rebellion Team that could confirm you had an Easter Egg relating to Jaguar AVP, since it's your Dinner Party a. ancedote 

3)Isnt that the image he wanted doctored for the infamous Game Pro interview /feature? 

4) Easy to answer, he found himself in the company of an equally capable bullshitter, Jason Kingsley (I worked on Atari 8-bit Star Raiders, the 3-seperate AVP Jaguar campaigns were my idea..), but seriously outgunned and Kingsley went onto be awarded an OBE  after  helping found industry organisation TIGA and his services to the UK economy.

Jason  also sat on the government's Creative Industries Council and was a trustee of her Majesty's Royal Armouries.

Rebellion went onto be a major UK success story, Jane didn't. 

Screenshot_20211206-160023.png

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, ThatGuyMike said:

Well, it's been delayed ?

And talk of reusing photos, the feet in sock nonsense was the one he rolled out for the spiritual AVP follow up, he was going to be mentioning, but has now put back, it's not one taken from his brief stint at Rebellion then Atari.. 

Both feet in one sock helps my health, followed by.. due to health issues the planned Q+A session can't go ahead.

Absolutely priceless Jane. 

Tiz Panto season after all ?

Screenshot_20211207-224127.png

Screenshot_20211207-224121.png

Screenshot_20211207-224101.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 1:49 AM, JagChris said:

Here the developer says at about 15 seconds in only two people in the team had made a game before. And he mentions himself and someone who isn't Jane Whittaker.

It's been mentioned before, but at best, Jane's connection to Goldeneye is most likely to be him  being "one of the suits" from E. A (as Dr David Doak called them), who visited the offices of RARE, late in the games production. 

Jane's Woodstock moment, I was there man... 

Which has now been twisted into the absolute nonsense Jane vomits out to gullible folk on Twitter etc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A sad day learning that someone from Bullfrog who genuinely DID work on the likes of Theme Park and Dungeon Keeper, 2 titles Jane constantly name drops, yet has no real credibility to reference either, has lost his battle with Cancer. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-13-his-legacy-will-be-felt-and-seen-for-a-long-long-time-tributes-to-uk-development-legend-paul-mclaughlin

We've lost yet another true, UK development legend, an individual I never saw take credit for others work, hype his involvement in flagship games and run around social media saying asked to share.. 

RIP Paul.. ?

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just uploaded some missing Press I have been sat on for years.. 

Edge Magazine and it's making of Jaguar AVP.. 

Whittaker Free as well ?

I can't see Jane sharing this one on his Twitter feed, it'll be up on GTW Alien Trilogy section and AVP Galaxly Jane, just so you know where to stumble across it ?

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Thanks 2