IGNORED

Leonard Tramiel Exclusive Text Interview - Great Commodore & Atari Insight

Adriano Arcade

2 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

Seems Jane is back, working at Skyhook games as their new CTO. He's currently quite active on the dovetailgames forums under the name jane-skyhook

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/search/42048236/

How do pathological liars who do nothing but scam people seemingly have no problem getting jobs?

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Stephen said:

How do pathological liars who do nothing but scam people seemingly have no problem getting jobs?

No idea but it seems to happen again and again, especially in the tech/retro tech fields.  I guess it's the "If you can't impress them with ability, dazzle them with BS" corollary.

4 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

Seems Jane is back, working at Skyhook games as their new CTO. He's currently quite active on the dovetailgames forums under the name jane-skyhook

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/search/42048236/

I had a quick read through a few of Jane's posts, nothing learnt from recent events then Jane?? 

When you post stuff like:

".. to add to that, I did a game called Alien Vs Predator for Atari many moons ago and thought I had spotted everything in my code, only to have a reviewer immediately spot the Alien Queen could sometimes leave her den by accident. I played for thousands of hours testing my own gameplay code only to never see it (or my eyes may have missed it), regardless of all the test teams etc and what they saw too. I can say the same for various bugs over my 40 year career in this business. It is not just Mr Murphy but his entire family, ancestors and neighbours like to come out to play."

Sorry Jane, YOU did a game called Alien VS Predator? 

Not you were part of one of the 2 teams (Rebellion and Atari) involved in the games creation... 

As for your code 🤔, the legendary frame rate killing aspect aside, I believe your Twitter followers are still awaiting you to make good on your promise to share these fabled A. I routines. 

You spent thousands of hours just play testing the game, not writing the code, but play testing it did you? 

You were with the team for how long exactly? 

Must of been a devil of a job juggling coding, flying to and fro from the UK to America and back again, to set up shop in your parents house etc and playtesting. 

Also, now Jane is gainfully employed at Skyhook... 

I guess it's safe to assume the spiritual successor to AVP project is well and truly dead.. 

The attempt to raise money to rescue Athena Worlds, so they could produce something, also went the way of the proverbial dodo? 

I also spotted some sap falling for his crap, all the.. wow, your the same Jane Whittaker from Bullfrog? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

I had a quick read through a few of Jane's posts, nothing learnt from recent events then Jane?? 

Have you ever stood watching a packed carousel go around, waiting to see how many revolutions it takes for the one child who looks as though he's about to vomit at any moment to just let go and indiscriminately perform the Technicolor Yawn?

This is what the Whittaker saga reminds me of.  The difference is that the kid likely has the common decency to at least apologise to anyone his spew may have turned into collateral damage, go clean himself off, and not get back on the ride.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

The difference is that the kid likely has the common decency to at least apologise

That right there sums it up - "common decency".  Anybody who can willfully and blatantly lie to so many people and steal money has no conscience.  It's sickening to watch it continue unfortunately.

• Like 4

“Years of crawling over fields, with no limbs and no help has created the garden we have today.”

This certainly begs a question … what kind a sadistic asshat sips Country Time while watching a loved one endure/persevere?

”May I help, dear?”

”Nah, I got this,” while slithering through dirt and digging holes with spade clenched in teeth.

O, wait, no help?

”… organise with builders exactly how she wanted a patio or slope”

Edited by Editorb
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for this highly informative thread. I'm a TrainSimWorld player and active on their forums. Repeatedly I got reported and my posts got censored for "personal attacks" against JW, whilst just linking to evidence.

Today it seems I'm over the hill, stuff finally got through, check the mentioned "MML-Skyhook Feedback" thread on forums.dovetailgames.com. I won't celebrate too early, but I'll quote Bill Paxton: "Game over, man. Game over!!!" :) Thank you all.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, torfmeister said:

Thank you all for this highly informative thread. I'm a TrainSimWorld player and active on their forums. Repeatedly I got reported and my posts got censored for "personal attacks" against JW, whilst just linking to evidence.

Today it seems I'm over the hill, stuff finally got through, check the mentioned "MML-Skyhook Feedback" thread on forums.dovetailgames.com. I won't celebrate too early, but I'll quote Bill Paxton: "Game over, man. Game over!!!" :) Thank you all.

I just gotta thank you for a little bit of vindication over there. I’m Mike, the guy who posted a little while back in response to Janes legal claims.

I genuinely didn’t want to post there and disturb the community, I know Janes repeating patterns would lead to (his now? I swear Jane was straight-up claiming hate crime and bigotry for labelling them a guy previously?) inevitable self destruction yet again and I don’t follow closely what he does anymore. But he was being outwardly slanderous, threatening to ‘expose’ people etc. I had to step in and make a stance, let Jane know I won’t let that slide. I will apologise again for having to do that, it shouldn’t have been the place for such messages, but it’s where Jane happened to spout these lies and threats.

I did expect the post to be removed quickly, as is Janes method of operation with these things. Silence the naysayers, use the gender identity as a shield, label the opposition bigots etc. 

I don’t follow the forums myself, but I have friends who let me know when they see stuff, in this case the ‘stuff’ being Janes inevitable self destruction. 

While I never aimed to convince anyone of Janes BS (the post was literally just for Jane), it’s nice to see an awakening of sorts occur. So once again, thank you for the vindication you provided over there. 

• Like 5

Thanks, Mike, I thought so. It was good you did - maybe the username "thetruth00" made a lot of people seem to put you in that shady conspiracy/truther corner, but it doesn't matter. I think in the end it is better for all, and I was impressed how easy narcissistic people can sell bs to people who I wouldn't necessarily call gullible, defending that person like a loved one. And I think it's a relief for DovetailGames and Skyhook now - if it turns out that Jane is indeed not at Skyhook anymore. I don't know and do not care anymore.

I was honestly surprised DTG did not intervene this time - which speaks for them. Clearly they had to avoid legal trouble and censor your and my messages as it was about the CTO of a contractor.

Thanks for all the detailed and waterproof research you and the other members have done here.

I might join in later again here - if I may with my Amiga background ;)

Edit: If I had not lately become a follower of "Speedrunner-turned-Investigative-Journalist" Youtuber Karl Jobst and seeing his well researched revelations on the Goliaths Mitchell and Rogers and that TwinGalaxies bs, I would have probably kept my mouth shut on the DTG forums.

Edited by torfmeister
spelling troubles :)
  • Like 3

Just wanted to add, as I logged in, a private message from someone claiming to be blocked from the site appeared. A story about an indie developer being accused of bullying by JW, trying to explain and "add" evidence to the story.

I have a suspicion it was someone who would check if I'm spreading that message - which I won't (only PM if someones interested). :) Don't play that game no no.

23 minutes ago, torfmeister said:

Just wanted to add, as I logged in, a private message from someone claiming to be blocked from the site appeared. A story about an indie developer being accused of bullying by JW, trying to explain and "add" evidence to the story.

I have a suspicion it was someone who would check if I'm spreading that message - which I won't (only PM if someones interested). :) Don't play that game no no.

That was me also; I was the truth, not Mike. I don't want you to share what I sent you.

Blah anyway, what I sent you was the truth. I am Pea Head Games. Jane did claim he was bullied by us and claimed we were some sort of bigots. I was down as a witness in the court case.
Me and @Lostdragon had dealings with the BBC, which was at one point in time investigating all this, but they were using us to gain all the information.

Edited by JustAGameDev
  • Like 1

As the guy here says, I wasn’t ‘theTruth’, I’ve never been shy about using my real name online. I even laid out my full name in my initial response to Jane.

in any case, it does appear Jane has played the same game yet again. I only interviene in special cases now, otherwise I just wait for others to discover the reality of Jane. I’ve spent far too much of my own energy dealing with that waste of space myself

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JustAGameDev said:

Have you read all 3 AirEntertainment articles? I think reading them you may see some similarities to what hes doing over on DTGs forums. 

I know, I've read the articles, the court docs, seen the MasterCastTV interview, the Steam forums, and this site (though this thread appeared later in my search).

And because of the similarities I initially took your PM for being JW himself...

And have you read the last MML thread pages - he's not doing anything on the forums anymore it seems. I think if he was still at SHG, DTG wouldn't have let this thread go like that. This happened yesterday around noon when I posted the Steam link, and DTG were at the office still.

Edited by torfmeister
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, torfmeister said:

I know, I've read the articles, the court docs, seen the MasterCastTV interview, the Steam forums, and this site (though this thread appeared later in my search).

And because of the similarities I initially took your PM for being JW himself...

Haha I can imagine to be fair I know I've been paranoid thinking Whittaker has contacted me on unknown accounts, the whole Whittaker saga has been a crazy ride for us over the last 5-6 years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, torfmeister said:

Hope this was the final chapter

Jane's post on the MML forum yesterday -

image.thumb.png.8d2c0d552334cd7417df15e6c72b4c4e.png

"My background is real and genuine" 🤣

He talks about sharing "court documents", when in fact he did not, the document shared was a regular letter (very carefully worded) from his solicitor "to whom it may concern" -

image.thumb.png.bc1f5dc88fcf0ae6acb5eaf76e56692a.png

(the actual court documents were posted on this thread some months ago.)

That isn’t a court document is it Jane?

"settlement" the truth is you could not answer the defense, you did not provide any evidence to the court what so ever to prove your career claims. The articles you challenged remain up to this day, the podcast remains up; your court case achieved nothing. You were mercifully let off in the end because you had no money to pay the other side's costs. You were spared bankruptcy and contempt of court Jane, the defendants offered to let you drop the case without any undertakings, and as your solicitor was told at the time "your client should consider herself fortunate".

image.thumb.png.69e9189735cb19c69b05be1ee8abd578.png

Whittaker's responce -

image.thumb.png.96aab6bfa548ed2c559b11901c7a9946.png

image.thumb.png.f894e9d22036c76017bb7f0cdc179187.png

"Skyhook did enormous diligence" - did they?

image.thumb.png.e332088928955b5abaf7355e0d96485e.png

"Jane's legal evidence" what evidence? And by "flimsy pile of rubbish" you mean this high court order with the king's stamp on it?

image.thumb.png.9cdb4b42a245d261ddcb620ce2c5195f.png

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, MrUnwondering said:

Jane's post on the MML forum yesterday -

image.thumb.png.8d2c0d552334cd7417df15e6c72b4c4e.png

"My background is real and genuine" 🤣

He talks about sharing "court documents", when in fact he did not, the document shared was a regular letter from his solicitor "to whom it may concern" -

image.thumb.png.bc1f5dc88fcf0ae6acb5eaf76e56692a.png

(the actual court documents were posted on this thread some months ago.)

That isn’t a court document is it Jane?

"settlement" the truth is you could not answer the defense, you did not provide any evidence to the court what so ever to prove your career claims. The articles you challenged remain up to this day, the podcast remain up; your court case achieved nothing.

You were let off in the end because you had no money to pay the other side's costs. You were spared bankruptcy and contempt of court Jane, the defendants offered to let you drop the case without undertakings, as you were told at the time "the claimant should count herself lucky".

image.thumb.png.f894e9d22036c76017bb7f0cdc179187.png

"Skyhook did enormous diligence" - did they?

image.thumb.png.e332088928955b5abaf7355e0d96485e.png

"Jane's legal evidence" what evidence? And this flimsy pile of rubbish being the actual high court order with the king's stamp on it?

image.thumb.png.9cdb4b42a245d261ddcb620ce2c5195f.png

I've deleted my replies to Javelin, and overall about Jane. I want nothing more to do with it. In the wise words of Ricky Gervais, being stupid is like being dead, it's painful for everybody else. They're clearly in denial and don't want to acknowledge the truth. As far as I'm concerned, that's their problem not mine.

• Like 2