IGNORED

The Official Sega Saturn Thread!

2 hours ago, str0m said:

Off Topic - Lived in Bexhill most of my life uptill late 20's and when at Uni!

Back on topic. Annoyingly missed the last Fenir drop, waiting on next batch!

Ooh which part of Bexhill? Also when?

I got a lot of my old PAL Saturn games from a friends shop in Bexhill between 96 to 98

54 minutes ago, Lord Innit said:

Ooh which part of Bexhill? Also when?

I got a lot of my old PAL Saturn games from a friends shop in Bexhill between 96 to 98

Born 1977, lived first 22 years or so (except uni) on Ninfield road up near Mayo Lane. Went to King Offa then Claverham Battle before Bexhill College (gone now). I used to go in the Computer shop on (checks google as memory failure...) St Leonards road not far from the station. After that rented a bit near king offa way then Little Common. I was pretty much Amiga only till mid 90s then got into PC gaming, consoles came later. Didn't get a Saturn till about 3 years ago (now got 7 of them I think!)

1 hour ago, str0m said:

Born 1977, lived first 22 years or so (except uni) on Ninfield road up near Mayo Lane. Went to King Offa then Claverham Battle before Bexhill College (gone now). I used to go in the Computer shop on (checks google as memory failure...) St Leonards road not far from the station. After that rented a bit near king offa way then Little Common. I was pretty much Amiga only till mid 90s then got into PC gaming, consoles came later. Didn't get a Saturn till about 3 years ago (now got 7 of them I think!)

Ah, you might remember K-Ram computers then. It used to be shop in Windsor Road and then Sackville Road and run by a guy called Mark, who used to work in Computerware in St. Leonards Road. I grew up in Little Common and live there now.

7 saturns? Wow, I have just the one I bought in January 96 and had it modded in 98. Still works a treat today. Could do with investing in a couple more though.

Hmm vaguely remember there being a shop there. I rented in Little Common for a year or 2, just off the roundabout, flat above the shop next to the fish&chip shop, shows as an Indian restaurant in street view atm. School friend lived on Barnhorn road so was always down there (then onto the Star pub etc)

Bought a couple, won one in a gaming comp then bought a couple more boxed, all relatively cheap(ish). One of mine the laser has gone, rest seem ok although only use 2 of them regulary.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Hey, it's the Saturn thread! I kind of forgot this place existed...

I got Radiant Silvergun recently. I have only played it for about an hour, but it's really good and is probably one of the better shooting games I have played, both in general and on the Saturn. Too bad the 360 version apparently has some input lag, which leaves the Saturn version as the best home version, as it's literally the only other home version. The game really deserves a rerelease without input lag and preferably with the original graphics intact.

I thought about getting Battle Garegga next, but it's on the PS4 now (but not PC. Incredible sadness) and way cheaper, so I might skip the Saturn version and get it on the PS4 instead.

I've read that the PS4/X1 version of Garegga is the definitive way to play, as it has a new graphic to show the current difficulty (based on rank), which helps you know when to suicide etc..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

I've read that the PS4/X1 version of Garegga is the definitive way to

I wasn't aware this existed. Checked, it costs $35, which seems pricey for a 25 year old shooter. Still, I never played the Saturn  version which is ludicrously priced. 

2 hours ago, Cafeman said:

I wasn't aware this existed. Checked, it costs $35, which seems pricey for a 25 year old shooter. Still, I never played the Saturn  version which is ludicrously priced. 

That's actually cheap compared to an original CD. Of course I just play a burnt copy on my Saturn. XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey since this is the Sega Saturn thread I have a question for all you Saturn owners. Where can you get new cases for the games? I've looked but cannot find any and some of my cases are broken due to moving and the occasional mishap. Let me know. Thanks!!

1 hour ago, vrocko said:

Hey since this is the Sega Saturn thread I have a question for all you Saturn owners. Where can you get new cases for the games? I've looked but cannot find any and some of my cases are broken due to moving and the occasional mishap. Let me know. Thanks!!

What I have done in the past, is go to the local game shops (if you have any), and buy the cheapest Saturn games they have with good cases, and then just swap. 

for instance I bought Madden 97 for a few bucks and it had a flawless case I then used for something more valuable.

I don't know of any reproduction cases yet, but wouldn't be surprised if there are some available by now. An online search might prove worth the time.

I've also seen people printing their own inserts and using standard DVD cases for Saturn games. That won't work though if you still have the instruction manual. I would only do that if I had a disc-only game, because Saturn games have those nice rear inserts that can't be replaced. 

10 hours ago, vrocko said:

I'm guessing you mean those big ones that the US and PAL people got and not the Japanese ones. In that case, here you go: https://stoneagegamer.com/sega-cd-saturn-ps1-retail-cd-jewel-case.html

12 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I'm guessing you mean those big ones that the US and PAL people got and not the Japanese ones. In that case, here you go: https://stoneagegamer.com/sega-cd-saturn-ps1-retail-cd-jewel-case.html

Yup those are the ones. I wish Sega had used the regular CD cases like Sony but they used the larger ones. Storage would be SO much easier!

21 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

What I have done in the past, is go to the local game shops (if you have any), and buy the cheapest Saturn games they have with good cases, and then just swap. 

for instance I bought Madden 97 for a few bucks and it had a flawless case I then used for something more valuable.

I don't know of any reproduction cases yet, but wouldn't be surprised if there are some available by now. An online search might prove worth the time.

Steven showed me ones I'm looking for. Hadn't thought about going to the game stores and buying the cheapest Saturn games they got to replace them. Good idea! I'll have to check out the local Exchange and any other place I can find. The broke cases are all the bigger cases and I've got all the inserts and manuals just need a new cases for them.

Amazon.com: Sega CD / Sega Saturn replacement game cases 10 pack **SECOND RUN**: Video Games

Expensive but Sa-weet!!  Just use the original CD holder trays since the new ones are not 100% accurate due to not being licensed for the "Compact Disc" logo.  These are the exact same thing as original Playstation, Sega CD and Saturn large, clear (long box) cases.

So what's the deal with Sonic R's analog controls? It says on the back of the case that it supports the Multi Controller, but then when you actually play the game with that controller set to analog mode the analog stick does work, but it seems to function in a manner that is identical to the d-pad instead of having true analog control.

As some of you may already know from the Turbografx thread, I got a copy of Game Paradise by mistake... I contacted the seller to send it back to him but he never replied. I guess I should sell it, but then I would have to at least test it to make sure it works, and my Saturn is stored and not really accessible. ?

Also I saw it's supposed to be quite expensive and I feel uneasy to sell it for a lot of money even though it would be quite stupid to sell it for really cheap unless it's for a friend or something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

As some of you may already know from the Turbografx thread, I got a copy of Game Paradise by mistake... I contacted the seller to send it back to him but he never replied. I guess I should sell it, but then I would have to at least test it to make sure it works, and my Saturn is stored and not really accessible. ?

Also I saw it's supposed to be quite expensive and I feel uneasy to sell it for a lot of money even though it would be quite stupid to sell it for really cheap unless it's for a friend or something.

Uh... I guess let me know if you don't want it, as I'll definitely maybe take it off you if you decide to get rid of it.

9 hours ago, Lord Innit said:

Got this recently. At £6.40 including post, it was much cheaper than the PAL version, and as far as I can tell, all the menus are in English. Now I would like to get hold of the twin joystick controller. 

20210806_173100.jpg

My local game store had the NA version (I'm in the US) a while back for like $70.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:55 AM, Lord Innit said:

These days it seems that a quite a few  NA versions of Saturn games command higher prices.

Yeah, as the system was much less successful here than in Japan, there are likely far less copies of games like Virtual On floating around. And there are still some US Saturn fans that for some reason don't realize you can play Japanese games on it (and that the Japanese versions are cheaper)... but, I digress. :lol:

Virtual On is great. Still one of my favorite games on the system. :thumbsup:

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1