IGNORED

NEXT Season info

For the Work-Shop I am toying with the idea of having Teams, like a RED team, a YELLOW team a GREEN team etc. Teams of 3 each. We don't have to compete against each other, but in your team you try to come to the best agreement on how to beat each specific game and then the team leader for each team would write a synopsis at the end. Just thinking out loud here. Thoughts? 🤷‍♂️

Team members would collaborate together via PM or however they want to communicate.... 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

For the Work-Shop I am toying with the idea of having Teams, like a RED team, a YELLOW team a GREEN team etc. Teams of 3 each. We don't have to compete against each other, but in your team you try to come to the best agreement on how to beat each specific game and then the team leader for each team would write a synopsis at the end. Just thinking out loud here. Thoughts? 🤷‍♂️

Team members would collaborate together via PM or however they want to communicate.... 

I think that sounds like a cool idea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

Interesting, and I like it, but all team members would have to be very engaged and giving it their all. Might be tough to do.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

54 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Interesting, and I like it, but all team members would have to be very engaged and giving it their all. Might be tough to do.

Well there would be a month for the two games and it doesn't have to be a serious thing, just casual.... Again, just thinking out loud here.... :P 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Probably going to run the Work Shop on a 5 month stint... 8 months is too long... So looking to do 2 games a month for 5 months. One popular game and one not so popular and / or not played very often if at all on AA..... 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this is what the next year in the Inty HSC will look like.....

We will kick off the Inty HSC Workshop this upcoming week (I have chosen the 10 games and pretty much have the order down now too). That will be 5 months of games. 2 games per month. A popular one and a not so popular one. That will finish at the end of January (2024). 

We will take February off (maybe March off too) and then we will resume the Inty HSC with Season 19 - Theme will be called 'NEED FOR SPEED' (A regular 16 game slate built around games that require quickness or where speed / timer is used)..... That will play March 2024 or April 2024 - June 2024 or July 2024. Exact time may fluctuate a little. 

Then in the Fall of 2024 we will play Season 20 of the Inty HSC and that whole contest will be Inty Homebrews. We will play 12 Intellivision Homebrew games. 1 each week for 12 weeks... Most if not all the homebrews will probably have to be from games that are already posted FREE on AA. We have a year to figure it out so no worries right now... 👍

EDIT : Thinking more about this, the Homebrews season probably won't be considered an Inty HSC Season bcuz not many players will have the ability to download the FREE roms that will be made available. It will be a just for fun casual season, but not an actual Inty HSC season. The records will count towards the Hall of Inty Records, but it will not be tracked as an actual Inty HSC Season.... Meaning there won't be an actual winner at the end bcuz there won't be that many players.... 

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

So this is what the next year in the Inty HSC will look like.....

We will kick off the Inty HSC Workshop this upcoming week (I have chosen the 10 games and pretty much have the order down now too). That will be 5 months of games. 2 games per month. A popular one and a not so popular one. That will finish at the end of January (2024). 

We will take February off (maybe March off too) and then we will resume the Inty HSC with Season 19 - Theme will be called 'NEED FOR SPEED' (A regular 16 game slate built around games that require quickness or where speed / timer is used)..... That will play March 2024 or April 2024 - June 2024 or July 2024. Exact time may fluctuate a little. 

Then in the Fall of 2024 we will play Season 20 of the Inty HSC and that whole contest will be Inty Homebrews. We will play 12 Homebrew games. 1 each week for 12 weeks... Most if not all the homebrews will probably have to be from games that are already posted FREE on AA. We have a year to figure it out so no worries right now... 👍

Love it, thanks for the update Rick! Looking forward to a new season and a new format! :D

• Like 2

The NEW Inty HSC Workshop will open up on Friday (9/1), probably later Friday night as it's a work day (may even be on Saturday). :P 

I'm also thinking of implementing 2 BONUS games into the mix. These 2 games will be fan favorites and they will both run for 2-1/2 months. 1 BONUS game for the 1st 2-1/2 months and then the other BONUS game for the last 2-1/2 months... This will total a DOZEN games over 5 month run for the Inty HSC Workshop. :o

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys, just wanted to let y'all know I'm most likely going to discontinue the Workshop. It seemed like a good idea, but there obviously just isn't enough interest here to sustain keeping it active. 🥺

I will look to start the Inty HSC (Season 19) back up mid January with a NEED FOR SPEED theme. 

Thanks to the people who did participate in the Workshop. I think if the console was more popular it (The Inty Workshop) could have been more successful. 

Oh well.... 

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Guys, just wanted to let y'all know I'm most likely going to discontinue the Workshop. It seemed like a good idea, but there obviously just isn't enough interest here to sustain keeping it active. 🥺

I will look to start the Inty HSC (Season 19) back up mid January with a NEED FOR SPEED theme. 

Thanks to the people who did participate in the Workshop. I think if the console was more popular it (The Inty Workshop) could have been more successful. 

Oh well.... 

Sorry Season 6 GIF by The Office

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Oh well.... 

There can still be discussion on tips and strategies.  There was always a bit of that in the hsc.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So the Workshop was officially Discontinued today due to rank dis-interest. I didn't even play any of the games I think except for 4-Tris.... 

I guess I will attempt to setup Season 19 of the Inty HSC on Sunday January 21st, 2024. But understand this, if there is no interest (Season 19) then either, then this Inty HSC forum will eventually become defunct. Granted the Intellivision clearly is not as popular as some of the other consoles like Atari / PlayStation / XBOX etc.... but we need participation. If you want the club to continue there NEEDS to be some effort here.... 

Dwight Office Tv GIF by The Office

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So season 19 will be NEED FOR SPEED and season 20 of the Inty HSC will be Homebrews.... 👍

So that should give people (players) almost a solid year to get some of them homebrews. Most of them that will be played are already offered on this site.... :P

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Because it's a holiday weekend, I'm going to extend both Auto Racing and Bomb Squad out a week. No new game this week as well....It's okay, it will just extend the season... :P

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because of the lack of participation, I'm going to extend both Bomb Squad and Pole Position out a week. No new game this week as well....It's okay, it will just extend the season... :P

We started out really well this season, but lately participation has been very bad. Makes me think the Inty HSC will only be a yearly thing instead of twice a year.... :( 

Happy Trails will be setup and posted on Wednesday April 17th. 👍

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

On 4/12/2024 at 2:21 PM, Rickster8 said:

We started out really well this season, but lately participation has been very bad. Makes me think the Inty HSC will only be a yearly thing instead of twice a year.... :(

Sorry man, I feel that way too. I love playing Inty games, but lately my desire has waned to be honest. But always appreciate you hosting these Rick, you do such a great job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Due to the rank participation of late I won't be able to do a Homebrew HSC for the Inty. That would prove to be even worse as most people won't have the games or the ability to download them and play them. I will put together a 20th season for the Inty HSC. This will occur either in the Fall of 2024 or the Winter of 2025 (I haven't decided yet). After that I will take a break from moderating the Inty HSC and see if someone else can take over the reigns. Maybe someone else can get this club off life support? 🤷‍♂️🥺

Where Are You Hello GIF

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

If you need help for next season I'll help you with the INTV Classic's HSC Club.

I should be pretty much squared away as far as medical appointments and reduced to the usual 6-month follow-ups across the board. 

It's been pretty hectic for me the last 2 months.

I've barely played my deck the last 2 months period. 🤬

But after next week things are finally (KOW) going to calm down on my end. 

One thing I haven't learned how to do yet, is kill those little turd balls on Super Cobra in a consistent manner LOL

But I will say one thing I think maybe one time a year would be a good thing just add more games for a fall session.  

Because obviously when it's close to summer time there's more stuff going on simply because of the weather's better. 

But if it's November in Pittsburgh and I have a storm going and I can't go anywhere? I'm firing up the deck.

LOL

Edited by Crash7
  • Like 1

The 20th season the Inty HSC will be a Blasting Shooters Extra-ordinaire... The season will be comprised of nothing but shooting games... There will be no bonus games, but there will be 20 shooting games lasting 20 weeks. The season will start on New Years Day 2025 and end June 1st, 2025.... I will be incorporating some homebrew games as well. The homebrew games will be chosen from AA or they will be free somewhere else, but whatever I use I will provide a rom for.... Time for me to start planning the fireworks for Inty HSC season 20.... and yes Matt @IntyFanMatt Worm Whomper will definitely be one of the games, so will Space Armada.... :P 

• Haha 1