IGNORED

NEXT Season info

• 4 months later...

Ok guys here's the Theme and info for the Intellivision HSC Season 16.... The theme will be called 'Maze Craze and Critters' so pretty much, for the most part anyway, games that feature mazes AND / OR have critters in them will be the focal point of the games being played. I am also going to focus on playing games that have the hardest level if there are in fact levels for those games being played. It's going to be a 'different' / 'difficult' kind of season. There will be some favorites played, but also some games that have not been played for awhile here or if even at all... 

Scoring will be exactly the same as Season 15 and we will play 16 games again, however there will be much less in the way of bonus games because when playing too many bonus games I find the inty catalogue listing gets burnt faster. 

The start date for Season 16 of the Inty HSC will be Sunday January 23rd (I will probably kick it off on Saturday January 22nd depending on the time I have that weekend) and it will end on Memorial Day, Monday May 30th. The finale will be a 3 week extravaganza type contest which will bring us to Memorial Day.... 

So that's pretty much it for now.... ?

Cheers! ?

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

C'mon,give us some game names!?

I would provide a full list if everyone wanted to see that? I just wouldn't give the order they will be played in... But once I finalize the list I will show it if people want that or would y'all rather be surprised? Let me know..... ?‍♂️

EDIT: Ok nevermind I read this wrong...Sorry, long day.... :( 

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.

11 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I would provide a full list if everyone wanted to see that? I just wouldn't give the order they will be played in... But once I finalize the list I will show it if people want that or would y'all rather be surprised? Let me know..... ?‍♂️

EDIT: Ok nevermind I read this wrong...Sorry, long day.... :( 

I was just hoping Mr._me would post a list of the gems/classics that haven't been used in the HSC.

What have me missed? Probably some great games I forgot about for sure!?

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2021 at 11:44 AM, Rickster8 said:

Ok guys here's the Theme and info for the Intellivision HSC Season 16.... The theme will be called 'Maze Craze and Critters' so pretty much, for the most part anyway, games that feature mazes AND / OR have critters in them will be the focal point of the games being played. I am also going to focus on playing games that have the hardest level if there are in fact levels for those games being played. It's going to be a 'different' / 'difficult' kind of season. There will be some favorites played, but also some games that have not been played for awhile here or if even at all... 

Scoring will be exactly the same as Season 15 and we will play 16 games again, however there will be much less in the way of bonus games because when playing too many bonus games I find the inty catalogue listing gets burnt faster. 

The start date for Season 16 of the Inty HSC will be Sunday January 23rd (I will probably kick it off on Saturday January 22nd depending on the time I have that weekend) and it will end on Memorial Day, Monday May 30th. The finale will be a 3 week extravaganza type contest which will bring us to Memorial Day.... 

So that's pretty much it for now.... ?

Cheers! ?

Ok guys, Season 16 of the HSC starts a week from today, 01-23-22. Again the theme will be Maze Craze and Critters. All scoring will be as it was last season. There 'might' be a few 'wrinkles' along the way..... ?

Hope to see you then....

Cheers ?

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Okay guys, Season 17 of the HSC is gonna be what I call 'Fan Favorites'...... It will start up sometime in July.... ?

16 weeks and 16 players choose their favorite games and levels to play them on and we will play them out for Season 17.... We had talked about Season 17 being Sports and Leisure, but there just isn't enough games to fit a 16 game season. Also this way 16 players get to choose their favorites.... 

@mr_me - I know you asked for Sub Hunt and Golf... Solution is.. I'm going to sneak Sub Hunt into this Season 16 as a 'Maze' game lol.. ? Then you can choose Golf as your fan favorite for Season 17.... ?

Okay so 16 first come first serve players can choose 16 games to play for next season and we will post those in this thread... There will be no specific order. I will just jumble them up and we will play them out. Once a game is chosen by someone then that game is off the list to choose from.....

Here's the List I ofcourse choose Space Armada as my 'Fan Favorite' game.... Again, this is first come, first serve..... So get your picks in NOW!!!!

Lets build the list starting with my choice.... If I forgot someone I apologize.... ?‍♂️

Rickster8 - Space Armada

@IntyFanMatt @mr_me @fakecortex @crade @cparsley @lupovax @mark griff @gar0u @wolfy62 @jblenkle @gezkc @Ace24 @BiffMan @JacobZu7zu7 @popsicle @Player One @sprazzi @roadrunner @Rogerpoco @ed1475 @cmadruga @gavvv @patbb @ClassicGMR @Bamse @Intelligentleman @INTELLIVISION SPARTAN @Swaggers

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 2

Hot dog! ? This should be good. As I always enjoy playing on original hardware the most, I’m gonna pick one of my favs that I own and that I think has never been played here before (at least not since I joined): SNAFU

I just experimented with a bunch of variations, since this isn’t a typical scoring game, more of a tournament, last man standing, type of thing (although yeah points are used for those purposes). So I’m suggesting:

Speed: Fastest (disc)

Game: 10 (trap) - horizontal/vertical (diagonal controls can get too slippery imo), 4 trails, trails remain, yes obstacles

Rounds: 5 (short time commitment per play)

@Rickster8, if this isn’t enough play, I’m down for having a few different variations and then adding your score from each. 

As the show runner, if you don’t feel this game will lend itself nicely to our level of high competition (part joking but also with the beasts here it may be too easy?) then I have a backup choice of Q*bert. I recall really enjoying this version the last time we played, so I don’t mind going at it again. 

Should be a good season, looking forward to what y’all pick!

Ok I already found a problem with the scoring for my suggestion...

D26358D1-518D-4B74-8C9D-5DA1F09CDDBA.thumb.jpeg.0c49588db7ae61dfcc46df2e7b69bc6b.jpeg

If you manage to snag 2 points for two trails colliding, then you get 1 for winning the round, that would leave you with a maximum of 15 points to get for the 5 rounds (and that first stipulation may be luck based). So having more rounds or more variations may be the way to go. I’ll default to Rick, but this could still be a fun one to play. 

Edit- yeah, agreed @cparsley, just saw your post. And that music is the best. 

Edited by fakecortex