IGNORED

Beat THRUST contest! (FINISHED!)

Thomas Jentzsch

TIME TO UPDATE THE HIGH SCORE :D 192,950

Below you will see that I made it thru the game, with only one and a half levels to go. I died. Fuel is very hard to conserve when you have reverse gravity and the "deadly something" Together (I got down to 125 fuel, when I was done with 22)

Won't be long now......

post-3803-1069962157_thumb.jpg

Maybe you should start taping your games so that you can send your score to Twin Galaxies.

I plan on it. I am a member of TG and I have already set a high score (and taped) Joust for 400/800. (I haven't sent it in yet though)

I have my 2600 run thru a second vcr for the demodulator, and can record it with good quality. (And with two vcr's I could send you a copy too, just to prove it) I know that TG doesn't take digital photos, because they are easily manipulated.

Good Job! I just got my Atari 2600 TODAY (Been readin' this board for the past like 2 weeks though, so i'm a newb to all this!!) and just read this topic a couple hours ago all the way through and i was about to purchase thrust to join in and see how far i could get, oh well! Still plan on getting it, But anyways, Good job...

Good Job!  I just got my Atari 2600 TODAY (Been readin' this board for the past like 2 weeks though, so i'm a newb to all this!!) and just read this topic a couple hours ago all the way through and i was about to purchase thrust to join in and see how far i could get, oh well!  Still plan on getting it,  But anyways, Good job...

Welcome to the boards, and I would advise buying this game, It still probly won't come out of my regular rotation, even now that I beat it.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

CONGRATULATIONS!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So I hereby declare bjk7382 to be the first person ever, that mastered Thrust.

He is the first member in the very elite Mas+er of Thrus+ club and winner of my contest :!: :)

(and now I know for sure that there aren't any hidden bugs in the game anymore ;))

Wow, Congratulations!  Now I want to see the screenshot!  Heck, I want to see the video.  I doubt I'll ever finish the game without cheating.  :)

Here is a picture of the proud (and very exhausted looking :)) winner and the (edited :P) final screen.

post-45-1070101033_thumb.jpg

post-45-1070101034_thumb.jpg

Good Job!  I just got my Atari 2600 TODAY (Been readin' this board for the past like 2 weeks though, so i'm a newb to all this!!) and just read this topic a couple hours ago all the way through and i was about to purchase thrust to join in and see how far i could get, oh well!  Still plan on getting it,  But anyways, Good job...

Welcome to the boards, and I would advise buying this game, It still probly won't come out of my regular rotation, even now that I beat it.

Thanks, and I will be buying it sooner or later, but i've got to get the money first, just paid for my atari and about 70 games to get me started and then also damn christmas, so whenever i get the money, and or i'll just tell someone to get it for me for christmas since i can't think of anything else!

and the (edited :P) final screen.

Why edited? Is there a super secret message? Do I need to get a decoder ring? :P

Not like I'll ever be seeing it! :roll:

Well, I sent a copy to Albert, so me, Thomas, and Albert are the only ones that have ever seen it :P

I have the entire thing on tape, and it took 43 minutes of straight gameplay!

Don't forget about the secret music :P  :P  :P

There you can add Paul Slocum to the list who know. :)

BTW: Nobody has seen the cheating end screen yet. ;)

I have listened to the original thrust music and I have to hand it to Paul Slocum, turning a song with 4 channels in it, and making it sound good on the 2600 is amazing.

I would have to say that thrust pushes the 2600 to its limits both in music and gameplay, am I right?

I didn't cheat one time thru the whole game, I might have to get that cheaters screen just for fun. :)

• 4 weeks later...