IGNORED

Complete List of Games Released in the New VCS Store

Mockduck

Released 5/3/24:

AIGA Trio     $5.99

A three-game compilation by Tucasoft, who released Pedra: Crystal Caves on the VCS. Includes the original pre-Crystal Caves version of Pedra in addition to two other puzzle style games. Unsure what the "AIGA" is about in terms of the name?

• Like 1

Released 5/10/24:

Circus Interstellar     $9.99

An arcade shooter with an intense soundtrack and presentation that plays a bit like a twin stick shooter, except you stand still while aiming and shooting. Space aliens, clowns, some gore and more! Really interesting game the first few times I've played it tonight, cool new entry on the VCS from a pair of developers called Ettinsoft.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Released 5/24/24:

Dark Cavern: 2600     .99

In celebration of Atari acquiring Activision Intellivision this week the M-Network ROM of Dark Cavern has been released. This game was already available in Atari Vault Volume 2 but is now available separately as a normal ROM. 

Edited by justclaws
Corrected typo for Mockduck
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Released 5/24/24:

Dark Cavern: 2600     .99

In celebration of Atari acquiring Activision this week the M-Network ROM of Dark Cavern has been released. This game was already available in Atari Vault Volume 2 but is now available separately as a normal ROM. 

@Mockduck I don't think that Atari has acquired Activision.  At least not yet.  You may want to edit your post.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Released 6/14/24:

Mr. Run and Jump (Atari 2600 version)      $8.99

The Atari 2600 ROM of Mr. Run and Jump is now available on the Atari VCS! Released as a physical cart last year and shipped around the same time as the 2600+. Extremely difficult platformer.

REMOVED FROM VCS STORE:

Exact date unknown, but sometime in the first few weeks of June Alien Abduction, the 2600 ROM released by H.E.R.O. creator John Van Ryzin, was removed from the Store. Prior purchasers are no longer able to download the game as well. Presumably related to Van Ryzin entering a deal with Audacity Games to release Alien Abduction as a physical cart with a ROM available in the $99 and $150 versions of the physical release. Grr, and really not ok to remove games that people purchased. Joins Tailgunner in this regard, although these days Tailgunner is available in the VCS Store with a $999 price tag to at least facilitate the ability of people who purchased it to download it again.

Edited by Mockduck
  • Like 2

Released 6/21/24:

Metgan's Multiball       $9.99

The latest release by Metgan Games is a Unity-based pinball game and the first modern-ish pinball game on the VCS! Leaderboards and tables themed based on other Metgan Games. 

This happened on I think Friday, June 21st, 2024:

Atari has restored the ability of people who own games that have been de-listed from the Store to re-download their purchases! This is a big deal since both Tailgunner and Alien Abduction were removed, and it means that these games are back for those who purchased them. Neither title can be purchased new, however, but at least people who bought it can access it again.

• Like 1

Released 7/1/24:

Super 3D Maze 16 Demo       Free

A free demo of JD Video Game Productions' next game! Top Down and First Person maze game with a retro look maybe a little bit like the 80's Tron? Free!

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 10:52 AM, Mockduck said:

This happened on I think Friday, June 21st, 2024:

Atari has restored the ability of people who own games that have been de-listed from the Store to re-download their purchases! This is a big deal since both Tailgunner and Alien Abduction were removed, and it means that these games are back for those who purchased them. Neither title can be purchased new, however, but at least people who bought it can access it again.

Is it just me or has the Flight Simulator DOS games also been removed for some time? What about that DOS football game? I think it was in the store for a day a few years ago and then suddenly removed.

9 hours ago, tripled79 said:

Is it just me or has the Flight Simulator DOS games also been removed for some time? What about that DOS football game? I think it was in the store for a day a few years ago and then suddenly removed.

I will have to look into the Flight Sim game. For the 4th and Inches game it came and went so fast I never actually saw it in the Store, I think it was briefly mistakenly published then removed, although I've never had a confirmed source state anything to that extent. I have gone back and forth on whether to include it, but have so far opted not to, since only a few people ever were able to jump on it and it didn't seem to be an official actual release, just a mistake. 

Released 7/12/24:

Popcorn Rocket     $4.99

An indie vertical space shooter and first commercial release from Battle Geek Plus, LLC! Looks like this game was released on PC (Steam, Epic), Playstation, and Xbox early this year and now hits the VCS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was out of town in recent days so this one is being posted a few days late:

Released 7/26/24:

Off-World Rally     $9.99

The second VCS game from Cuirass Entertainment which released End's Reach on the VCS! This one is a time trial racing game with extra kart style battle and split screen co-op modes supporting up to four players. Has sort of a futuristic style to it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Released 8/16/24:

Sky Frizz         $4.99

The first VCS game from VCS community member, game developer, and musician Obsidian Contraptions/Liminalist Contraptions/UncleFlip. This game was a long development from Uncle Flip and features a rogue like action/platformer in the vein of an 80's computer game. Very unique addition to the VCS library! 

• Thanks 1

Released 8/23/24:

Tilting Tiles Ultimate Tilt Remix     4.99

I never really figured out the first one, but this appears to be a "remixed spin off" of the original game released almost exactly a year ago on the VCS. The original game was an older multiconsole release, and this Ultimate Tilt Remix was released in 2022. I am - guessing - this means the same general levels but different placement, thus completely different puzzle solutions. The game involves very careful movement of your tile across a map to collect all of the diamonds.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Exciting day!

Released 9/10/24: 

Yars Rising      $29.99

Wayforward's 2D sneak/hack/jump/platform/fighting game set in the "Yars Universe"! The first new official Yars game from Atari in some time. Also at a premium price for the VCS anyway at $30, similar to Days of Doom and Atari's other more modern bigger games.

• 2 weeks later...

Released 9/20/24:

Tiny Hands Adventure     8.99

The latest VCS release by Polish publisher Blue Sunset Games, Tiny Hands Adventure has been getting ported to various gaming locations since its debut in 2018. Classic style mostly 3D I think platformer featuring a dinosaur looking for longer arms! Based on the trailer the dinosaur gets them at some point and it plays into the gameplay.

• Like 1

Released 9/27/24:

Sentinels of Atlantis     4.99

A tribute/remake of the classic Imagic game Atlantis featuring expanded mechanics but the same general gameplay. Made by a singular developer, the game lands on the VCS following an unsuccessful attempt to fund on IndieGoGo. The game did get made, and now the developer is rolling it out on the VCS. Also available on PC (itch.io). Also known by the names "The Last Sentinel" and "The Last Sentinels of Atlantis".

• Like 3

A day late on this one, life keeping me busy:

Released 10/4/24:

El Panadero - The Baker -      $7.99

A 2D arcade platformer brawler style game featuring hand-drawn graphics by a developer publishing under the name Lucid Potato. Its developer SketchyCeviche on Reddit describes it with, "It has local co-op, stages based on my home city of Guanajuato, Mexico, and great music."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again and this time a week late! The past week plus has seen me on a long road trip plus four days of camping, now I'm back and finally got the time to get this updated. This game came out a week ago, Friday, October 11th.

Released 10/11/24:

Super 3D Maze 16     $5.99

The full version of the game which received a demo release on the VCS over the summer! Multi perspective 3D maze game with puzzle elements and a story. Very cool and unique game, I at least haven't really seen anything quite like it, reminds me almost of something like a 2600 Tunnel Runner Recharged. :) 

• Like 1