IGNORED

Complete List of Games Released in the New VCS Store

Mockduck

21 minutes ago, buescherking said:

Can anyone tell me if the orangepixel game Residual is showing up in there VCS games store, I no longer see it in mine for some reason ( I was going to purchase this weekend, but now it's gone)?? Let me know and Thanks!

It’s still showing up on the store for me. 

Actually I just refreshed the store again on my Atari VCS and the games gone, so no it’s not showing up on the store for me anymore either. It was definitely on there earlier. I have it in my account though as I purchased it. Very strange. 

Edited by Atari_JaguarVCS

• 4 weeks later...

5/5/23:

Alien Abduction (Atari 2600 NEW!)     $8.99

A new game from the creator of Activision's H.E.R.O.! Yup, this is a tiny and very exciting Atari 2600 rom game made by John Van Ryzin. Rescue princesses with your jet-powered flight boots, an energy shield, and a plasma weapon. Currently exclusive to the Atari VCS!

Quick editorial: Maybe it's just me, but I think this game and news is HOT. What a surprise! Neato.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 7:23 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Did the price of the 2020 version of Missile Command: Recharged get reduced to nothing?  I know it cost something before, but I picked it up last night for free.

Yes, it was the first extra game I picked up from the store when I got my VCS. I couldn't get my payment to work in the VCS store at first so I decided to grab this freebie gem and downloaded it on April 11th 2023 for free.

Two things:

First off, added 5/12/23:

Avian Knights      $21.99        

A Joust-like arcade mode with online leaderboards and an eSports league tie-in! Also up to four player local co-op available. 

Secondly:

We have our first case I think of a game being removed from the VCS Store Catalog. I am not aware of how long it has been like this, but someone mentioned recently that they were not able to find Tailgunner in the VCS Store, and I have checked and can confirm. Even though I own the game, I can't call it up in the Store to download it or re-download it. So, at least as of 5/12/23 it is not available, anyone have a better date for it? 

In some ways this is not surprising as the game was been removed on the PC and Oculus Go side a while back. I heard somewhere from someone that the people who made the game decided to go their separate ways. So, for a while now, it has been the only place to get the game.

On 5/13/2023 at 12:37 AM, Mockduck said:

Secondly:

We have our first case I think of a game being removed from the VCS Store Catalog. I am not aware of how long it has been like this, but someone mentioned recently that they were not able to find Tailgunner in the VCS Store, and I have checked and can confirm. Even though I own the game, I can't call it up in the Store to download it or re-download it. So, at least as of 5/12/23 it is not available, anyone have a better date for it? 

In some ways this is not surprising as the game was been removed on the PC and Oculus Go side a while back. I heard somewhere from someone that the people who made the game decided to go their separate ways. So, for a while now, it has been the only place to get the game.

I was able to buy Tailgunner and download it on the 16th of April, so it has to be some time after that.

Released 5/26/23:

Doodle Taxi       7.99        

The third release on the VCS by Metgan Games (A Path to the Princess, Escape from PoPo). Drive a taxi around a city to re-color the world! 3D driving game where you deliver passengers with a time limit. 

• Like 1

The first AtariAge Store games arrive on the Atari VCS!

Released 6/2/23:

Tower of Rubble 2600      $3.99

Amoeba Jump                 $3.99

Both from Dionoid Games Studio, available as physical carts for the original 2600:
https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1211

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1235

Amoeba Jump is a 2600 "homebrew" version of the classic (can you call mobile games classic in 2023? I think so...) indie/mobile game Doodle Jump, and Tower of Rubble is one I am not familiar with, but appears to be almost like a rhythm-based Tetris-adjacent where blocks fall from the top of the screen and you have to keep your person from getting crushed by staying on top of the pile. Very cool to see these on the VCS!

• Like 2

Released 6/16/23:

Retro Game Quest       $2.99
Catacombs of Chaos       $2.99

Two Atari 2600 games from the Immortal John Hancock and Programmed by Gemintronic! Manuals are available to read in the VCS Store, you'll probably want to read them to get a better handle on how to play. Originally released as Atari 2600 homebrew carts.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Released 6/27/23:

Failsafe (Atari 7800)     $4.99

A 7800 Homebrew from Bob DeCreszenzo! Released by AtariAge in 2010, now in digital form on the VCS! Control a tank, shoot stuff, get the code and win! 

@PacManPlusCongratulations Bob!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

Thank you!

Just out of curiosity, where are you seeing this?

This is in the VCS Store. Davpa from Atari had mentioned it would be released today, but I and others noticed it was available last night so, since it was available, I added it to the list and gave it a release date of yesterday. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Released 7/25/23:

Mr. Run and Jump        $22.49 (10% discount for this first week, then $24.99)

A new game from Atari! Published by Atari, developed by Graphite Lab and Heavy Horse Games. Challenging and fast platformer!

Edited by Mockduck
  • Thanks 1