IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

6 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

Too all the collectors out in Intellivision Land including @cmart604, @Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog, @intellivotion, @Humblejack, and

the many others out there collecting variants, and that know some history, of these variants.

In regards to the Parker Brothers Line up

Frogger               6300

Popeye                6370

Qbert                  6360

Star wars            6050

Super Cobra        6320

Tutankham          6340

How were the Part Numbers as posted in several web sites, including INTV Funhouse, Intellivision Brasil, Intellivision World etc:

for Super Cobra, (6320) and Tutankham (6340) Derived?

If you have a catalogue page or another source could you please post it here.

Thanks for your help.

you're right, BSR website and Intellivision World show those weird part numbers of Super Cobra and Tutankham, but Intvfunhouse reports the correct ones

Screenshot_20220326-100412_Chrome.jpg

though I've no idea where those are from. It could also be a mistake someone made in one website which spread during the years among other lists of collectors 

7 hours ago, Wizewonathome said:

Too all the collectors out in Intellivision Land including @cmart604, @Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog, @intellivotion, @Humblejack, and

the many others out there collecting variants, and that know some history, of these variants.

In regards to the Parker Brothers Line up

Frogger               6300

Popeye                6370

Qbert                  6360

Star wars            6050

Super Cobra        6320

Tutankham          6340

How were the Part Numbers as posted in several web sites, including INTV Funhouse, Intellivision Brasil, Intellivision World etc:

for Super Cobra, (6320) and Tutankham (6340) Derived?

If you have a catalogue page or another source could you please post it here.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, 6320 & 6340 are SC & Tutankham. The 941 prefix box #s are multi-lingual European releases. I believe the "A" in front of 6320 signifies Canadian release. All of these part numbers should be on their respective released boxes.

It is possible that when Steve made the Parker brothers page on intvfunhouse, he only had the multi-lingual versions so thats what he used for referrence & just never added the U.S. version. (Im just guessing). Im thinking this could be the case as I did the same thing when making the overlay sets. You can see by last pic that i used the Euro part number.

As far as the other websites,... probably just a matter of them getting their info from intvfunhouse, as it is the main info hub for collectors.

20220325_221059.jpg

20220325_221049.jpg

20220325_221032.jpg

20220325_215908.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Yes, 6320 & 6340 are SC & Tutankham. The 941 prefix box #s are multi-lingual European releases. I believe the "A" in front of 6320 signifies Canadian release. All of these part numbers should be on their respective released boxes.

It is possible that when Steve made the Parker brothers page on intvfunhouse, he only had the multi-lingual versions so thats what he used for referrence & just never added the U.S. version. (Im just guessing). Im thinking this could be the case as I did the same thing when making the overlay sets. You can see by last pic that i used the Euro part number.

As far as the other websites,... probably just a matter of them getting their info from intvfunhouse, as it is the main info hub for collectors.

20220325_221059.jpg

20220325_221049.jpg

20220325_221032.jpg

20220325_215908.jpg

Steve and also you when you designed the overlays couldn't add the US part numbers of Super Cobra and Tutankham because those two games were never released in the US (Super Cobra was released in Canada though). This is the main reason why they are considered very rare by North American collectors, although they are not particularly hard to find in Europe.

EDIT: even though I don't know where Super Cobra part number 6320 and Tutankham part number 6340 come from, for sure they don't from a non-existent actual US version of the the games

10 hours ago, intellivotion said:

Steve and also you when you designed the overlays couldn't add the US part numbers of Super Cobra and Tutankham because those two games were never released in the US (Super Cobra was released in Canada though). This is the main reason why they are considered very rare by North American collectors, although they are not particularly hard to find in Europe.

EDIT: even though I don't know where Super Cobra part number 6320 and Tutankham part number 6340 come from, for sure they don't from a non-existent actual US version of the the games

Yes, you are correct. That must be why the game Ids on intvfunhouse are showing both. (I misundertood at first and thought Wiseone was saying Steves Numbers were wrong.. but after looking, he does have SC & Tut listed with European numbers. My mistake on saying U.S. version of SC. I sometimes do that in my old age.. (combine areas.. U.S. & Canada into North America and call it U.S.! ) Sorry Canada. No harm meant..lol.

13 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

No harm to us Canadians. I already confirmed the French Canadian versions with the A prefix for 4 of the games. It would still be nice to get a clear FULL VIEW, of each spine to add to the picture database.

The problem, with relying on the Intvfunhouse, as the end all be all site, is that over the last 6 years, of using it as a search tool, their is a lot of incorrect information. This has been proven by getting actual pictures of the box variants, and comparing written text in regards. I have tried to contact steve orth through the web site and through other collectors to no avail. 
This was one of the prime reasons that I started this project, but without Steve orth’s help, I had to go it alone, until I discovered other web site sources, this forum, and finally I used ebay, to source out actual pictures for definitive proof. I have also tried to contact other collectors in eastern Canada, but they either don’t  care any more about their collection, or are not interested in helping out the greater cause.

Any way, thanks all for the pictures. They have been a great help, in sorting out variants. I have now confirmed 734 different variant boxes, thus far.

Just a quick note, I see there has been an update to Intvfunhouse site in January. Maybe more updates are coming soon

Edited by Wizewonathome

There will always be new variants that show up.  Thats part of the fun of collecting these games. At one time, i thought i had all of the produced Digiplay games...  then years later Pinball popped up out of nowhere!  So not all sources will be correct all of the time. Steves site has been up for over 20 years. I know it doesnt show everything, but it is still a great starting point and has alot of content. I wouldnt be collecting today if it was not there.

As far as sites and other collectors are concerned, dont be mad if you dont get replys right away. Keep in mind this is just a hobby. People come and go off and on relative to whats going on in their lives. It will always be Family, Work, Play.. (in that order) atleast imo. Health falls in Family category also as we are all getting alot older. Collecting & anything regarding it (including helping out with projects) falls in the "when i have time" category of Play. So dont take it personal if help doesnt come immediately. Ultimately you will get the info you need from members. There are alot of good people on AA. I have yet to be discouraged from any one of them.

So far i think your doing a great job. But, it wont all come together overnight. Keep the faith.

• Like 2

I love the fact that now and then new variants pop out!

Imo Intvfunhouse is an outstanding work, amazing, unbelievable, foundamental if you want to collect variants, and the fact that it’s not complete or, sometimes, wrong makes collecting even funnier: I like a lot when I find stuff that it’s not there…

The AA Inty community is really cool and contributes big time to keep my passion of collecting Intellivision alive, really!

Wize, don’t give-up, sooner or later we will land on the web with an amazing database easy to use!!!? All your efforts will be rewarded!??

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:11 AM, Wizewonathome said:

Only Super Cobra came out in French/Canadian of these two, The Box Number is A6320, according to research done

It would be nice to full spine views of all Parker brothers games, so I can ad them to the picture database.

The spines of the US ans Euro releases.

IMG_0669.jpeg

IMG_0671.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I think you should scratch them off!

If theres no expiration date on it, Parker Brothers might have to front you a nice gift!

I just took a look at the disclaimer on the back of the card. The prize draw ended on September, 30th 1984. 

53 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Well… Mike, jokes apart, if I have to tell you the truth…

I think that you have a relic that it would be a sacrilege to scratch!

I would never do it if I were you!

You must preserve it under nitrogen forever!!!?

What if Parker Brothers agreed to honor it if its a winner? Would you do it then?

220px-Parker_brothers.jpg

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog
  • Haha 1