IGNORED

Intellivision Variants

Morpheus

1 hour ago, the1hatman said:

Honestly, I have thought of picking up a game with that generic SOFTWARE box just because I had seen it so many times in listings and felt like I needed to have one in the collection just as a gag  :lolblue:

You need to supplement your collection with 125 of these :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wizewonathome said:

Unless the Box is an actually variant, of one of the vendors, that had the box for sale, I do not consider it as a variant box. It serves no purpose in being in the picture database, that I have created.

It certainly is nostalgic for us old-timers that were seeing these on the shelves BITD.

Here, you can add this picture:

1104080949_NotaRealVariant.thumb.jpg.34dfdbe752e1d3291006338cee234f5d.jpg

5 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I think your missing that it was a joke by Fdr

Point of fact. I was not looking at this as a joke, from the perspective of the original post, as was posted by Fdr. Never gave the second picture a glance, as my mind set was on the conversation, about variants from the actual Activision them selves. When I have spent upteen hours on this project, trying to hone a profession version, for public and future use, I tend to by pass the so called jokes, and pay little attention to them, rather keeping to the subject at hand in a professional stature. Don’t get me wrong, jokes are fine in certain forums, and I enjoy them in their rightful place. I just find them, a distraction in a forum, that I want to keep my conversations on a professional level. As in the future, when these types of posts arrive, I shall digress from making any more comments about them.

1 hour ago, Omnibro said:

Has anyone found or seen a Hong Kong version of Shark Shark?  Seems to be a quietly surprising difficult variation to track down. 

I have confirmed that that copy exists, based on my picture database. Here is the definitive proof

of existence.

Shark Shark BX Mattel 5787-0910 HK 1982-6.png

Shark Shark BX Mattel 5787-0910 HK 1982.pdf

Edited by Wizewonathome
  • Like 1

Here's a couple I've not seen anywhere else yet...

Imagic Truckin' with the corrected part number printed directly on the spine and NOT a sticker cover-up of the error:

Truckin7607.jpg

Not sure how common or uncommon these are but I have only seen this one and it isn't listed on the INTV Funhouse.

Vectron Hong Kong box WITH a tray:

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

I found this on eBay a couple of years ago and haven't seen one since. It currently resides in the Blue Sky Rangers archive.

Enjoy searching through your collections again everyone! :lolblue: :evil:

• Haha 2

On 7/15/2022 at 6:22 PM, Omnibro said:

Has anyone found or seen a Hong Kong version of Shark Shark?  Seems to be a quietly surprising difficult variation to track down. 

I have confirmed that that copy exists, based on my picture database

5 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Imagic Truckin' with the corrected part number printed directly on the spine and NOT a sticker cover-up of the error:

Truckin7607.jpg

Not sure how common or uncommon these are but I have only seen this one and it isn't listed on the INTV Funhouse.

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

I found this on eBay a couple of years ago and haven't seen one since. It currently resides in the Blue Sky Rangers archive.

in so far as the reprint of the proper Truck’n box, I own a copy. As another note, there are lots of boxes, that Are on my picture database, that are not on the INTV funhouse website. Trying to get a response from this website. has been next to impossible, thus the reason no taking on of this extensive picture and database project. 

6 hours ago, the1hatman said:

Truckin7607.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

Thank you Dude!?

I bought that Vectron last May on Ebay from a UK seller…

Still missing that Truckin’ but, honestly, I didn’t pay that much attention… Is it really hard to find? I thought it was rarer the stickered rather than the printed one…

28 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Thank you Dude!?

I bought that Vectron last May on Ebay from a UK seller…

Still missing that Truckin’ but, honestly, I didn’t pay that much attention… Is it really hard to find? I thought it was rarer the stickered rather than the printed one…

I apologize, for answering incorrectly about the truckin’ box. On further investigation, my copy is the 7603 variant. Could you please send clear pictures, fron back both spines, and interior contents of the box, as shown on the above post. If history serves correctly, there are now 3 truckin’ variations, with this version, which will be needed to be added to the picture database.

Edited by Wizewonathome

4 hours ago, Omnibro said:

I scored that Vectron version myself a couple months ago, it's not easy to locate.

No it isn't. I've only seen 2 more since I found the one pictured above in 2018. 

Probably the sneakiest tough box variant to find, in my opinion, is the full KC text Word Fun made in the US. Even though I own a copy, I've never actually seen a complete in box one available. I had a USA cart and overlays, then got a box, then finally the US manual about 3 years later. To this day, it is the only CIB version I have ever held and it was parted together from 3 different sources.

Mine is only complete because someone who I cannot remember for the life of me sent me empty boxes for Word Fun and Math Fun after we had connected through a different eBay sale. He mentioned that he worked for Intellivision early on in development and had a bunch of stuff lying around from that era, including those 2 boxes. Before anyone asks, this was back around 2008-09 and I have no record of who that was or his screen name anymore. It was over 7 years later before I found this forum and got to know everyone better. I wish I had kept his information but my hope is he is somehow here and remembers this transaction, lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

No it isn't. I've only seen 2 more since I found the one pictured above in 2018. 

Probably the sneakiest tough box variant to find, in my opinion, is the full KC text Word Fun made in the US. Even though I own a copy, I've never actually seen a complete in box one available. I had a USA cart and overlays, then got a box, then finally the US manual about 3 years later. To this day, it is the only CIB version I have ever held and it was parted together from 3 different sources.

Mine is only complete because someone who I cannot remember for the life of me sent me empty boxes for Word Fun and Math Fun after we had connected through a different eBay sale. He mentioned that he worked for Intellivision early on in development and had a bunch of stuff lying around from that era, including those 2 boxes. Before anyone asks, this was back around 2008-09 and I have no record of who that was or his screen name anymore. It was over 7 years later before I found this forum and got to know everyone better. I wish I had kept his information but my hope is he is somehow here and remembers this transaction, lol

v6sCGiBh.jpg

• Haha 1