IGNORED

games i made using the sega ide basiegaxor

On 4/1/2022 at 9:48 AM, wally nellenbach aka suhrim555 said:

there is no such thing as collision checking code it is done with a if statement and all sega roms on the internet are .bin so if a .bin does not work for you then no game at all will and i use gens 

Yep.  No real collision checking exists on the sega genesis.  There's a way to register if any sprite has collided with any sprite but in practice that's useless.  In my game I made some collision checking code.  BasiEgaXorz started making my game crash because at a certain point it doesn't handle large amounts of code.

maybe this will  help you this is how i do it

if spriteposy(dragonx23)<=spriteposy(plxt)+10 [and] spriteposx(dragonx23)<=spriteposx(plxt)+10 [and] spriteposy(dragonx23)=>spriteposy(plxt)-10 [and] spriteposx(dragonx23)=>spriteposx(plxt)-10 then
       movesprite plxt,spriteposx(plxt)-5,2050
       sleep 1
    endif

and that makes the  collision

this is the IDE

https://devster.monkeeh.com/sega/basiegaxorz/

to use the ide you have to go to the option menu and put in the path for your tile editor and emulator (i use sgtd tile editor and GENS emulator) after that go to the compiler option and check mark copy output file to project directory and rename so it shows up in the folder, then check mark after compilation run in emulator. After that go to target option and pick a output type (cart,sega cd,32x cart) hit apply then start coding 

this is the tile editor

https://devster.monkeeh.com/sega/sgtd/

its easy to use

https://devster.monkeeh.com/sega/basiegaxorz/basiegaxorz_full.html#command_psg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is the IDE

BasiEgaXorz - Sega Retro

to use the ide you have to go to the option menu and put in the path for your tile editor and emulator (i use sgtd tile editor and GENS emulator) after that go to the compiler option and check mark copy output file to project directory and rename so it shows up in the folder, then check mark after compilation run in emulator. After that go to target option and pick a output type (cart,sega cd,32x cart) hit apply then start coding 

this is the tile editor

sgtd.rar

sgtd.exe unins000.dat unins000.exe