IGNORED

Eye Candy

dhe

My big take a way and the thing that most impressed me, was the technical ability of most of the people there. At US get togethers people had a lot of stuff (by companies). At the Treff most people had hand built boxes. LOTS of black boxes with LED's and switches. Oliver Arnold probably had the most impressive collection of hand built hardware combined with custom written assembly code (not to diminish anyone's contributions).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ksarul said:

I need to write down the story Sven Dyroff told me about Horst Wiese and the making of the original run of prototype boards for the Supermodul II. That one was hilarious and simultaneously scary. . .ingenuity at its best.

Ah nice! I would be very curious to know!
If you would be agree I would also be happy to publish this story on TI99iuc as an article page :) of course with your name as author.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

That's my Captain's Wheel mini expansion box! I regret parting with it, but it is good to see that someone in the group has it and values it!

I like the wooden case the builder made for this one. I have one that someone put into a weird metal shoebox-like container that they filed a giant slot into to access the three card connectors. It works fine, but looks terrible. Looking at the board, it also has a striking resemblance to the 3-slot PEB design published in the Brisbane UG newsletter. . .although there are enough differences that the two may have been totally independent developments.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I like the wooden case the builder made for this one.

I was the builder! This was around 1985-6. I found a TI disk controller from someone near Albany who had upgraded to a DSDD card, bought a CorComp RS232/PIO card, and with 32K built into the console even had a spare slot. (Which was never used.)

One of my friends, commenting on the age of the computer, wondered if the holes were for the vacuum tubes!

Edited by senior_falcon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, senior_falcon said:

I was the builder! This was around 1985-6. I found a TI disk controller from someone near Albany who had upgraded to a DSDD card, bought a CorComp RS232/PIO card, and with 32K built into the console even had a spare slot. (Which was never used.)

One of my friends, commenting on the age of the computer, wondered if the holes were for the vacuum tubes!

That was an excellent case! Woodworking at its best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Switch1995 said:

As this is a thread about rare items, has anyone ever seen one of these numeric keypads IRL?

EC448AD7-95CE-4927-93CE-8637DA878ADC.jpeg

Interesting. I don't think I have ever seen any of the CompuSoft business programs in the wild either--and since the Numeric Keypad (Speedkey) is specified as working exclusively with their software, it may never have been developed far enough to be released. There were several designs for homebrew numeric keypads available BITD, in Decimal or Hexadecimal configurations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1