IGNORED

Eye Candy

dhe

7 hours ago, dhe said:

German Speech Card

german_speech_card.jpg

This card is one of the speech cards the Berlin User's Group made in the early 1990s. Winfried Winkler designed it. Between 20 and 25 of them were made. Later, Michael Becker took the basic ideas of this card and expanded them to design his SPVMC card.

I was one of the original buyers of the card.

There was also a somewhat simpler design that showed up in an issue of TI-Revue, and which may have been the genesis of Winfried's idea, as he wanted to add vocabulary to the speech synthesizer. I provided him a copy of TIs Text-to-Speech disk (unknown in Europe at that time for some reason) early on in his development. Those routines are in the board's DSR.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/9/2024 at 4:51 PM, Ksarul said:

This card is one of the speech cards the Berlin User's Group made in the early 1990s. Winfried Winkler designed it. Between 20 and 25 of them were made. Later, Michael Becker took the basic ideas of this card and expanded them to design his SPVMC card.

I was one of the original buyers of the card.

There was also a somewhat simpler design that showed up in an issue of TI-Revue, and which may have been the genesis of Winfried's idea, as he wanted to add vocabulary to the speech synthesizer. I provided him a copy of TIs Text-to-Speech disk (unknown in Europe at that time for some reason) early on in his development. Those routines are in the board's DSR.

Nice card!  Did the 8K RAM emulated a speech PHROM?  Or maybe it was just a DSR with the text-to-speech program?

I worked this weekend on recovering the TTS source from 8" floppy--doesn't look promising. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2024 at 2:56 PM, dhe said:

ForTI Yo!

solderside.jpg

Looks like yours has the resistor network modification from the Willforth protoboard manual too--it mods the output so that all four channels can also be used in straight stereo mode using just the two center RCA connectors.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, dhe said:

Digit Systems.

front.jpg

back.jpg

connector.jpg

I have one too, It has RCA connectors instead of a Scart connector and Audio connector "or is that video in this case". Have been wanting a manual or documentation for a long time on this?

Edited by RickyDean
  • Like 1

The german speechcard adds a real speech DSR to the TI so i used this device to add speech to the infocom Adventures using batch it…

it was really funny to hear the infocom Interpreter Speaking the whole text in dark Voice or give you hints…

• Like 4
  • Haha 2