IGNORED

Monthly Gaming Quiz: can you guess the games based on tiny screenshots?

Mr_Horizon

1 hour ago, Keir said:

Since I'm new to this I have a few questions about how to play:

- How specific do our answers need to be?  If I answer XYZ and it's actually XYZ 2: The Sequel is that good enough?

- Do we need to specify the system or is just the title sufficient?

- Is it cheating to reverse GIS?

- Is there any benefit to submitting answers early vs. waiting for all the clues?

1. The series is fine. Sometimes @Mr_Horizon is even more generous, awarding points for Karateka/Way of the Exploding Fist/IK/+ in one memorable example.

2. Just the title. Many of these are cross platform anyway.

3. I don’t know if it’s cheating but it’s not as fun as trying to describe the image to google. (“Train with bull horns” got me a correct answer this time.)

4. There are no extra points for submitting early.

Got mine in. I think I did pretty well. I am confident about 17 or 18 of them and optimistic about another three or four. It helped that a lot of these were super big names and came up in lists of recent notable open world games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2023 at 6:35 PM, Keir said:

Since I'm new to this I have a few questions about how to play:

- How specific do our answers need to be?  If I answer XYZ and it's actually XYZ 2: The Sequel is that good enough?

- Do we need to specify the system or is just the title sufficient?

- Is it cheating to reverse GIS?

- Is there any benefit to submitting answers early vs. waiting for all the clues?

I think jgkspsx already gave you all the answers. :) In regards to cheating, I won't set up rules I can't enforce - the only thing I don't want people to do is to repost the quiz in other communities (like twitter or 4chan), because then answers get discussed in public before the round is over. And I have sources that let me know when that happens. 😎

February answers coming in a few minutes!

• Like 2

f0qdjhk.gif

February Quiz - Answers & Score

So, I haven't posted it in this forum yet: this is the last year I'm hosting the retrogame quiz. While the Atari Age forum has been a part of it for about 1.5 years, by the end of 2023 I will have organised this competition for a full decade - the November quiz will be my 100th (!) round. That is such a nice, round number, I think it's a good moment to end it. So from December onwards I'll be looking for a new hobby. ;) 

This all means you have just witnessed the very last February round! With over 150 players we also set a participation record. Was it the theme, or was it maybe easier than usual? Anyway, I'm happy and hope the remaining nine quizzes will be just as numerous!  

Before we get started, here's a quick look at the vote: "how was your 2023 so far?"

jhb6rzN.png

That doesn't look too bad! More than half of you are doing well or very well, and a third say "average". That leaves about 13% who unfortunately didn't have a good start to the new year... I wish them a quick turnaround. 

But now it's time for some answers... first the names of the games as text, then the pictures, then the high score table.

1) Grand Theft Auto 3
The protagonists of Shen Mue and GTA 3 both have dark hair, wear a brown leather jacket, blue jeans and white shoes. see picture Also, both titles are open world games played from a 3rd person perspective. Basically the same game! ^_^  
Solution rate: 89%
Other suggestions: 10x Shenmue, Manhunt, flashback, Yakuza, Silent Hill

2) Assassins Creed
The white hoodie, the haystack - clearly must be a assassin in Jerusalem!
Solution rate: 96%
Other suggestions: The Witcher

3) Sonic Frontiers
Solution rate: 77%
Other suggestions: Far Cry, Halo, Final Fantasy XV, Bioshock Infinite, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Xenoblade Chronicles

4) Elden Ring
Solution rate: 82%
Other suggestions: Demons Souls, shadow of the collosus, Dark Souls, Elder Scrolls, Nier Automata, skyrim

5) Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom
Hey, everyone recognised Zelda! And how many actually recognised [i]Tears of the Kingdom[/i]? That was only 34% of you. ;)
Solution rate: 100%
Other suggestions: -

6) Marvel's Spider-Man
Solution rate: 79%
Other suggestions: Cyberpunk 2077, Deus ex, Portal, Raid Shadow Legends, Alpha Protocol, Crackdown

7) Pokemon Legends Arceus
Solution rate: 85%
Other suggestions: Dragon Quest, Genshin Impact, ni no kuni, Xenoblade Chronicles

8.) Saints Row the 3rd
Solution rate: 70%
Other suggestions: Destroy All Humans, GTA Online, Yakuza

9) Ghost of Tsushima
Solution rate: 72%
Other suggestions: Way of the Samurai, Nioh, Rise of the Ronin, Sekiro

10) Genshin Impact
The clue about "stolen from Breath of the Wild", made a lot of you think of Immortal phoenix rising.
Solution rate: 68%
Other suggestions: 16x Immortal phoenix rising, Ni no kuni, Xenoblade Chronicles, Dragon Quest XI, Final fantasy, Kid Icarus, Breath of the wild

11) Fallout 2
Solving rate: 60%
Other suggestions: Baldur's Gate, Diablo 2, Dungeons and Dragons, Planescape Torment, Time Commando, Ultima, Wasteland

12) Far Cry 3
"What? Huh? What, you want to run? You want to disrespect me? I mean you come here, with your pretty boy face, right, and your pretty boy phone, your dimwit brother, and you want to fuck with me?"
Solution rate: 38%
Other suggestions: 4x Uncharted, 4x Mass Effect, The Elder Scrolls, Alpha Protocol, Atomic Hearts, GTA V, Hitman, Horizon Zero Dawn, Infamous, Just Cause, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Mafia, the Last of Us, The Outer Worlds, witcher, Yakuza

13) Frontier - Elite 2
Solution rate: 58%
Other suggestions: 6x Wing Commander, Starfox, Chernoblyte, R type, Star Control 2, Star Trek

14) Body Harvest
Five times Blast Corps? It does look similar - but Open World is something else ;)
Solution rate: 60%
Other suggestions: 5x Blast Corps, Dragonball, Jet Force Gemini, Outcast, Star Fox 64

15) Stalker
Around Chernobyl you can discover all kinds of strange creatures in this series. Thematically quite similar to Metro and Fallout (the two most frequent wrong entries).
Solution rate: 34%
Other suggestions: 7x Metro, 5x Fallout, Borderlands, Doom, Rage, Scorn, Bioshock, Black Ops 2, Kill Zone, Neuroshima Hex Sharrash, Prey, Quake 4, The Evil Within.

16) Death Stranding
You guys were surprisingly sure this is a Star Wars game. Why, because of the laser/blaster/whatever beam?
Solution rate: 47%
Other suggestions: 9x Star Wars Fallen Order, 5x Star Wars, bloodborne, Dark Souls, Elden Ring, Fade to Silence, Prey, Remnant, Resident Evil Village, Sea of Solitude, Skyrim, The Witcher 3, Wild Hearts.

17) Gothic 2
Solution rate: 41%
Other suggestions: 10x the Elders Scroll (Morrowind & Oblivion), Neverwinter Nights, Dragon Age, Thief, World Of Warcraft, Path of Exile, Prince of Persia 3, Risen 3, Sekiro, Skyrim, Fable 2, Guild Wars 2, Kingdom Come - Deliverance

18) Uncharted Waters 2 - New Horizons
No, not Pirates. ;)
Solution rate: 32%
Other suggestions: 15x Pirates, 4x Dragon quest, 4x Final Fantasy, Ultima, Port Royale, Settlers 2, Alundra, Terranigma, Golden Sun, High Seas Trader, Phantasy Star

19) Infamous
Solution rate: 40%
Other suggestions: 10x Star Wars - The Force Unleashed, Star Wars KOTOR, Metal Gear Rising, Metal Gear Solid, Vanquish, Final Fantasy, Last story, Mass Effect, Nier Automata, Prototype, Soul Reaver

20) the Seven Cities of Gold
Second hardest title of this round (after #24)
Solution rate: 12%
Other suggestions: Hydlide, Montezuma's Revenge, North vs South, Robinson Crusoe, The three Musketeers, Ultima I, Zulu

21) Shakedown Hawaii
Five people entered the prequel Retro City Rampage, that also gave one point.
Solution rate: 51%
Other suggestions: Golf Story, Dead Cells, Terraria, Thimbleweed Park, "Miami something"

22) Choo-Choo Charles
My favourite entry (from MikeBloke) who couldn't think of the name: [i]"Is this the game with the train you have to run away from? Oh yeah the train is evil and goes off the tracks."[/i]. :)
Solution rate: 44%
Other suggestions: Final Fantasy, Metro, Fallout 3, The Division 2, Train Simulator

23) Anarchy Reigns
No, not Bayonetta! A quarter of you recognised the purple butt, be proud of yourselves ;)
Solution rate: 25%
Other suggestions: 13x Bayonetta, 4x Mass Effect, Xenoblade Chronicles, Tekken 7, Metal Gear Solid, Metroid Dread, Metroid Prime, Stellar Blade, Apex Legends, Arkham city, Cyperpunk, Deathverse - Let it Die

24) Starsand
This game is mostly about a desert, so the dark screenshot is extra mean!
Solution rate: 9%
Other suggestions: Alien Arena, Aliens vs Ghosts, Beyond Good and Evil, BioShock Infinite, Brütal Legend, Cyberpunk, Death Chase, Deep Rock Galactic, Destiny 2, Evillord, Far Cry: Blood Dragon, Grounded, Halo, Journey to the Wild Planet, No Man's Sky, Outer Wilds, Outer Worlds, Resident Evil, Stray, Subnautica: Below Zero

25) Ishar - Legend of the Fortress
A building from the first game of the Ishar trilogy.
Solution rate: 18%
Other suggestions: 5x The Elder Scrolls (Daggerfall), Terraria, Amberstar, BASS, Children of Mana, Defender of the Crown, Dragon Quest, Kingdom, Kingdom 2 crowns, might and Magic, Monster Boy and the cursed kingdom, Nicktoons Attack of the Toybots, Outcast, Residual, The settlers, toomba

Here is the quiz picture again:
N94QQz5.png

Answer picture:
u2FQT2K.png
Direct link

HIGH SCORE TABLE

01 - 25 points - cib - frozentiger
01 - 25 points - rta - EarthPainting
01 - 25 points - mnc - East West Elite
01 - 25 points - mnc - Mangamaniac2171
01 - 25 points - mnc - OfflineChris
01 - 25 points - rta - marek
07 - 24 points - mnc - Dreamteam
08 - 24 points - mnc - Gerhard S.
09 - 23 points - eab - Nobby_UK
10 - 23 points - eab - Havie
11 - 23 points - gpo - Konsolomio
12 - 23 points - mmx - fedprod
13 - 23 points - gpo - DocMoody
14 - 23 points - mtc - Valdien
15 - 22 points - ntl - Matt_Barber
16 - 22 points - m!g - Killersepp
17 - 22 points - rta - Nihilistic Monk
18 - 22 points - mtc - Parsnip
19 - 22 points - spz - The_BACH
20 - 22 points - rpg - Fyrchtegott

21 - 21 points - smu - Mr Shadow
22 - 21 points - gms - hellermarie
23 - 21 points - sh2 - BVBFabi09
24 - 21 points - rta - Illusionary
25 - 21 points - rta - AuraPaladinne
26 - 21 points - cib - LockeBoss
27 - 20 points - cib - Tharathiel
28 - 20 points - gsg - partykiller
29 - 20 points - ata - jgkspsx
30 - 20 points - gav - Wizdom
31 - 20 points - mmx - Knuckles
32 - 20 points - rtc - Antiriad2097
33 - 20 points - rta - malus
34 - 19 points - eab - mailman
35 - 19 points - spz - Geddoe
36 - 19 points - rkb - kirika1987
37 - 19 points - mmx - Klunky
38 - 19 points - gms - kopyright
39 - 18 points - gpo - OutOfBounds
40 - 18 points - eab - gimbal
41 - 18 points - mtc - Wibblewozzer
42 - 18 points - gms - j1m
43 - 18 points - spz - Striderblade
44 - 18 points - gpo - Messor Torvus
45 - 17 points - can - Dark Kariya
46 - 17 points - can - M_Rick75
47 - 17 points - nto - Curly
48 - 17 points - nto - square
49 - 17 points - ftg - rwklau
50 - 17 points - hcg - dsparil
51 - 16 points - ata - Keir
52 - 16 points - hcg - personman
53 - 16 points - mnc - Lukulus
54 - 16 points - cib - GaiaGensouki
55 - 16 points - sh2 - Vino
56 - 16 points - mnc - HomiSite
57 - 16 points - ftg - RumMonkey
58 - 15 points - sh2 - FoxSpitzer
59 - 15 points - pop - turzilla
60 - 15 points - rpg - Zion
61 - 15 points - hcg - mainpatr
62 - 15 points - eab - darkwave
63 - 15 points - cib - Seizokano
64 - 15 points - mtc - MegaApple
65 - 15 points - gpo - rave
66 - 14 points - wtd - jenoogle
67 - 14 points - ftg - vandelay
68 - 14 points - rta - aLaxLuthor
69 - 14 points - ftg - spooky
70 - 14 points - ftg - harrypalmer
71 - 14 points - ftg - mrpon
72 - 14 points - ftg - LockeTribal
73 - 14 points - rkb - Addearheart
74 - 14 points - ntl - charlix12323
75 - 13 points - m!g - Red XIII
76 - 13 points - can - Franky M.
77 - 13 points - gpo - kataka
78 - 13 points - nto - 4C8en
79 - 13 points - rkb - Philippe161
80 - 13 points - rkb - flof1ghterLegend
81 - 13 points - rta - Gygas
82 - 13 points - m!g - geohound
83 - 13 points - mnc - Mitschel
84 - 12 points - hcg - windfisch
85 - 12 points - gpo - Navarone 
86 - 12 points - mtc - freshVeggie
87 - 12 points - rtu - ElginMcqueen
88 - 12 points - ntl - StarPoint
89 - 12 points - ntl - Bunkerneath
90 - 12 points - rpg - D4rkD
91 - 12 points - rkb - Folde
92 - 12 points - mnc - elementalMaster
93 - 12 points - smu - BulletMagnet
94 - 12 points - rta - Optional Objectives
95 - 12 points - gav - Scorplian
96 - 12 points - mmx - Dnamei
97 - 12 points - mmx - Lynx
98 - 11 points - mtc - FunnyJay
99 - 11 points - hcg - teroknor
100 -11 points - rta - Zolbrod
101 -11 points - ftg - Cubby
102 -11 points - gav - Cube
103 -11 points - pop - Don Como
104 -11 points - rta - Blufunk
105 -10 points - gms - RC2225
106 -10 points - gpo - Bully
107 -10 points - gpo - GAMEPROFF
108 -10 points - ntl - Krull
109 -10 points - ntl - Dogorilla
110 -10 points - rkb - DSOP.ape
111 - 9 points - ata - Trinity32
112 - 9 points - ftg - Destria
113 - 9 points - ata - Mikebloke
114 - 9 points - rkb - Phliege
115 - 9 points - mnc - chifan
116 - 9 points - mmx - Shades
117 - 9 points - wtd - svenoble
118 - 9 points - ftg - Rhaegyr
119 - 9 points - pop - dixip
120 - 9 points - gpo - Eddie 
121 - 9 points - hcg - excelsior
122 - 9 points - ftg - JuniorFE
123 - 8 points - f64 - Jammet
124 - 8 points - sh2 - Neo_SUC
125 - 8 points - mmx - LittleChoco
126 - 8 points - sh2 - Bonz
127 - 8 points - mtc - QFNS
128 - 8 points - gms - Vincent 86
129 - 8 points - rpg - Mattos313
130 - 8 points - cib - Icho Tolot
131 - 8 points - sh2 - the_joker2
132 - 8 points - rkb - LetsRay
133 - 7 points - ftg - Ecosse
134 - 7 points - rkb - salversurfer
135 - 7 points - nto - Dark~ExxzoN
136 - 7 points - m!g - Kong
137 - 6 points - cib - @kuma:0
138 - 6 points - hcg - Snake
139 - 6 points - smu - Mischief Maker
140 - 6 points - gpo - FireSmoke
141 - 6 points - nto - Ande
142 - 6 points - ntl - Minecraftemery
143 - 6 points - gav - Yoshi
144 - 5 points - gms - Schneitzel
145 - 5 points - pop - PUH
146 - 5 points - pop - Sascha
147 - 5 points - ftg - Rich 
148 - 5 points - ntl - BabyYoda71
149 - 5 points - rta - Aldo
150 - 4 points - pop - Daiyama
151 - 4 points - cib - Jan565
152 - 3 points - cib - Elemental Master
153 - 2 points - pop - Arne

LOCAL HIGH SCORE

1 - 20 points - @jgkspsx
2 - 16 points - @Keir
3 - 09 points - @Trinity32
4 - 09 points - @Mikebloke

Congrats to jgkspsx for the local lead. :)

Welcome to Keir and Trinity32... also wanted to say Mikebloke is just 0,07 points behind.

Thank you all for playing, four people is forum record!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aww. It's too bad that you'll be stopping right after I joined, but I understand. Ten years is a long run! I'm glad that I'll get to participate in your final year. Maybe I'll look through some of the old quizzes and do them myself just for fun.

I actually did a lot better than I thought I would: all 16 of my answers were correct! Next time I'll have to take some more chances and make guesses even if I'm not sure. I also learned some things about open world games in the process (I've only played 1 of the games on this list, and only even heard of about 8 them).

2 hours ago, Mr_Horizon said:

1) Grand Theft Auto 3
The protagonists of Shen Mue and GTA 3 both have dark hair, wear a brown leather jacket, blue jeans and white shoes. see picture Also, both titles are open world games played from a 3rd person perspective. Basically the same game! ^_^

But does the protagonist from Shen Mue run around with a baseball bat? That was the giveaway for me. I actually guessed the first GTA, which would have made this one of 2 games on the list that I have actually played before!

3) Sonic Frontiers

My first guess for this was actually No Man's Sky, simply due to the bright color scheme. I was really confused by the rails however and after your clue about Sega I started looking for Sega open world games and there it was!

4) Elden Ring

I almost submitted Skyrim as my answer, then while browsing recent open world games I noticed that glowing tree.

5) Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom
Hey, everyone recognised Zelda! And how many actually recognised Tears of the Kingdom? That was only 34% of you. ;)

Not me! I guessed Breath Of The Wild. Luckily that still counted.

6) Marvel's Spider-Man

As with #9, a skill tree in the screenshot makes it easy to figure out! I immediately recognized Spider-Man but wasn't sure which game at first. Lo and behold it's literally just Spider-Man.

13) Frontier - Elite 2

My first guess based on your clue was something from the Master Of Orion series. However, looking at screenshots of those games it clearly wasn't that and eventually I saw that ship just looking for open world sci-fi games of the 90s. I had the first Elite as a kid and never liked it (probably because I didn't want to take the time to read the manual). I did love Master Of Orion though.

14) Body Harvest

Your clue that this was an N64 game gave it away. I literally just Googled "N64 open world" and there was that goofy character.

16) Death Stranding
You guys were surprisingly sure this is a Star Wars game. Why, because of the laser/blaster/whatever beam?

Personally, I thought for sure #19 was a Star Wars game (though for some reason didn't even try to figure out which). I guess either way was wrong!

20) the Seven Cities of Gold
Second hardest title of this round (after #24)

Ironically, this is the one game of the whole list that I have actually played and the very first one that I guessed. Hopefully future quizzes will have more old school games!

23) Anarchy Reigns
No, not Bayonetta! A quarter of you recognised the purple butt, be proud of yourselves ;)

I confess, I only got this one because I did a reverse image search. 😂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keir said:

Aww. It's too bad that you'll be stopping right after I joined, but I understand. Ten years is a long run! I'm glad that I'll get to participate in your final year. Maybe I'll look through some of the old quizzes and do them myself just for fun.

I actually did a lot better than I thought I would: all 16 of my answers were correct! Next time I'll have to take some more chances and make guesses even if I'm not sure. I also learned some things about open world games in the process (I've only played 1 of the games on this list, and only even heard of about 8 them).

But does the protagonist from Shen Mue run around with a baseball bat? That was the giveaway for me. I actually guessed the first GTA, which would have made this one of 2 games on the list that I have actually played before!

My first guess for this was actually No Man's Sky, simply due to the bright color scheme. I was really confused by the rails however and after your clue about Sega I started looking for Sega open world games and there it was!

I almost submitted Skyrim as my answer, then while browsing recent open world games I noticed that glowing tree.

Not me! I guessed Breath Of The Wild. Luckily that still counted.

As with #9, a skill tree in the screenshot makes it easy to figure out! I immediately recognized Spider-Man but wasn't sure which game at first. Lo and behold it's literally just Spider-Man.

My first guess based on your clue was something from the Master Of Orion series. However, looking at screenshots of those games it clearly wasn't that and eventually I saw that ship just looking for open world sci-fi games of the 90s. I had the first Elite as a kid and never liked it (probably because I didn't want to take the time to read the manual). I did love Master Of Orion though.

Your clue that this was an N64 game gave it away. I literally just Googled "N64 open world" and there was that goofy character.

Personally, I thought for sure #19 was a Star Wars game (though for some reason didn't even try to figure out which). I guess either way was wrong!

Ironically, this is the one game of the whole list that I have actually played and the very first one that I guessed. Hopefully future quizzes will have more old school games!

I confess, I only got this one because I did a reverse image search. 😂

Really, I typed Hot

• Like 1

I got 1-16 and 18-22. I have played only 1, 2, 8, 18, and 20… though I own a few of the others through Steam sales and such. Elite has always scared me away but it is on my bucket list. It’s hard to say if Seven Cities of Gold’s brutality has aged well or poorly.

I knew that 23 wasn’t Bayonetta but I wasn’t going to try too hard to figure it out 😜 

• Like 3

xfdLyqp.png

March Quiz - Point & Click Adventures

Where last round you had to deal with many modern multiplatform titles, we now plunge into the golden age of classic graphic adventures. That means we're going deep into the 90s, but with less of a focus on console games. Grab your mouse and get ready to POINT & CLICK! :)

It was a bit strange to put this round together, as so many classics had already been used in all the other quizzes. So no Maniac Mansion, no Loom, no Full Throttle or Grim Fandango... but there are still many big names left for this month, and of course some obscure ones too.

Deadline is Friday the 31st of March, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here's the quiz, have fun!
EMyT9gn.png
Direct link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I know 10 of them off the bat and have some guesses. Rather a modern selection!

Same! I wonder if they are the same 10?  I was also surprised at how many newer games are featured. I really should try some of them out.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 3:16 AM, jgkspsx said:

Aww. My favorite Apogee point and click as a kid still didn’t make it. Maybe it was already used.

I remember old Apogee for platformers and some text adventures, did they make a point & click too?

On 3/12/2023 at 3:11 AM, Keir said:

I was also surprised at how many newer games are featured.

It's not just the OG classics, yes... but over half are still from the 80s and 90s. :)

• Like 2

March Quiz - Clues #1

Point, click... use ANSWERS with GAMEQUIZ! The first thirty people have already managed to do this, with results ranging from "quite good" to "I'm sure they'll come up with more later." ;)
Some players were surprised about the number of modern games, so I wanted to mention that the majority (13) of the titles are from the 80s and 90s, the golden age of graphic adventures.

@Mikebloke I hope the clues help? 🤓

Here come the first clues:

1) Number 10 is a detective adventure by Sierra in which Roberta Williams was involved.
2) Fans give a famous game from the 80s an update in terms of graphics & gameplay... #13 is the result.
3) Title 18 is a free promotional game for a German company.
4) Game 20 is from a famous (and now closed) British studio, but among all its releases are only two adventures.

Deadline is Friday 31 March, enter via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again, good luck :) https://i.imgur.com/EMyT9gn.png

Edited by Mr_Horizon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2023 at 6:24 AM, Mr_Horizon said:

I remember old Apogee for platformers and some text adventures, did they make a point & click too?

It turns out it was not published by Apogee, it was just on a shareware collection that had a prominent Apogee logo on the disk. I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say what isn’t on the quiz, so:

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 1:59 PM, Mr_Horizon said:

1) Number 10 is a detective adventure by Sierra in which Roberta Williams was involved.
2) Fans give a famous game from the 80s an update in terms of graphics & gameplay... #13 is the result.

Aha! I was on the right track, but thanks to these clues I now have Bingo 4 different ways!

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 10:43 PM, jgkspsx said:

It turns out it was not published by Apogee, it was just on a shareware collection that had a prominent Apogee logo on the disk. I don’t think it’s a spoiler to say what isn’t on the quiz, so: "Hugos House of Horrors"

Oh, interesting! :) It is a graphics adventure alright, but for this round I tried to restrict myself to "point & click" - so Hugos house of horrors wouldn't have qualified.

I watched the video - they don't show the girlfriends face, I was expecting a dark twist at the end!

Edited by Mr_Horizon
  • Haha 1

March Quiz - Clues #2

You can't get any further? You can't find a walkthrough on the net and have already combined "everything with everything"? Well, maybe this post can help. :)

Not that many people have joined yet, 42 in total and nobody of them from this forum. Don't forget to submit, there is less than a week left!

Here are the final clues:

1) Some people write something at #4 that they might be better off putting at #19.
2) In title #11 all the characters are talking animals, it came out in the mid-90s for DOS, Amiga and Mac.
3) For games #6, #12 and #15, there were not only graphics done by hand, but quite a few frames and assets were digitised from real life footage.
4) The job of the alien protagonist of number 7 is to create crop circles on Earth.

Deadline is Friday 31 March, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again, good luck: link

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Mr_Horizon said:

March Quiz - Clues #2

Alas, these clues are not as helpful as the last ones. I’ve already solved all but 2 of the games mentioned and for one of them (#12) the clue didn’t provide any info I hadn’t already ascertained from the screenshot! I am curious why people would confuse #4 with #19 and maybe that will help me figure out #19… unless I’m wrong about #4 too!

• Like 2

March Quiz - this round ends soon

Attention ladies and gentlemen, there are less than 36 hours left before this round comes to an end. We have over 90 people playing, including one from this forum.... so now is no longer the time to think, but time to join!

Well then @jgkspsx @Trinity32 @jeremiahjt or @Mikebloke ...how about it? :) 

Deadline is this Friday the 31st of March, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/.

Here's the quiz one last time, go for it: link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1