IGNORED

Atari SA releasing limited run 2600 cartridges.

Nall3k

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I guess my question is… did anybody get one that wasn’t wrong yet?

Yes, BHG and GenX. But they bought and received the limited editions. Someone pointed out that because of the way those cartridges are, the PCB board was put in the same way for both LE and standard editions.

Limited editions appear to be fine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I mean the regular edition, though. Sounds like they are 100% wrong? :o 

Sounds like it. I saw that Reddit post and immediately thought it was a pretty bad sign that the first post I'd seen by anyone anywhere about the XP games was that theirs didn't work.

But what do we expect? These are only shipping what, 6 months behind schedule? If we learned anything from the VCS, it's that that's not nearly enough time for Atari to get things right.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Sounds like it. I saw that Reddit post and immediately thought it was a pretty bad sign that the first post I'd seen by anyone anywhere about the XP games was that theirs didn't work.

But what do we expect? These are only shipping what, 6 months behind schedule? If we learned anything from the VCS, it's that that's not nearly enough time for Atari to get things right.

I think it's an issue of not having enough staff. They have 20 (?) employees for VCS, XP, games, and the whole NFT/crypto thing. That's a lot for 20 people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nall3k said:

I think it's an issue of not having enough staff. They have 20 (?) employees for VCS, XP, games, and the whole NFT/crypto thing. That's a lot for 20 people.

I'll remember that the next time I screw up at work.  Doesn't matter that the customer has paid for something.  I'll just tell them "meh - it's a lot of work for me" and I'm sure they'll understand.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nall3k said:

Don't bite off more than you can chew.

You can fault whoever actually made the carts, which I assume Atari outsourced, but ultimately it's Atari's responsibility to make sure the products they send out actually work. Someone there needed to go on eBay and buy an actual 2600 and test a couple of carts before sending them out. I'm waiting to see what their response is (so far nothing on their website or Twitter). I want to see a complete no-cost replacement, with Atari covering the cost to return the faulty games and to ship replacements. For those who want to fix the carts on their own (rather than wait until 2023 to get their game), Atari should offer free replacement labels to anyone who ends up damaging the label when they remove it.

• Like 5

Just received the following email...

REGARDING YOUR XP PURCHASE

Dear Customer,

We have discovered that some of the Atari XP cartridges shipped last week were not assembled to our quality standards and as a result may not operate correctly in your Atari 2600 console.

No action is required on your part at this time. We are working on a solution to ensure you have a working cartridge and you will hear from us soon.

Our sincere apologies.

Atari Team

Edited by rennervision
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

"Please open your cartridge, potentially destroy the label, and turn the PCB 180 degrees" instructions incoming in 3...2....

Maybe they'll actually send replacement labels, but I'd not be shocked if they didn't.

I'm setting a calendar event for 10 years from now.  It'll be a reminder to check eBay for OMG L@@K RARE MFG ERROR FIRST EDITION GRAIL copies of these games being sold at exorbitant prices.  Sometimes you just have to plan the lulz out in advance.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

It'll be a reminder to check eBay for OMG L@@K RARE MFG ERROR FIRST EDITION GRAIL copies of these games being sold at exorbitant prices. 

And I'm going to start a new eBay scam where I buy fixed copies cheap, flip the PCBs and sell them as rare first edition error copies for exorbitant prices.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

If you're going to call me out for "lying", I'm going to ask you again point blank  - what is your financial or other professional involvement with this company?  I asked you months ago and you dropped off the board suddenly.

I'm not saying you're a shill - you've gone way beyond that point now by directly accusing me of lying.  I'm saying you're an employee of the company representing them without admitting to it.  So just admit to it.

"

The Limited editions have turned out just fine.

The standard editions' though...

I'm sure this will be rectified.

The developers have worked on these games, and have beem credited and paid.

Stop lying.

This also shows that the game has been improved, proving that real effort has actually gone into these.

These are unique to ATARI XP."

I mean, I could go line by line and accuse you of the same, but there's not much point until you answer my first question and tell the truth.

And get to work on interviewing each recipient of the Limited Editions to back up your first claim, then we'll move to the 2nd and so forth. :)

Yars' Returns has been updated, and yiu can ask Dennis Debro to confirm this if you wish.

It's also confirmed in hus interview with ATARI XP, which can be found on the ATARI XP website.

Mockduck has played Aquaventure, noting differences from the prototype on this forum.

You can ask Dennis Debro if he was paid too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunther said:

Yars' Returns has been updated, and yiu can ask Dennis Debro to confirm this if you wish.

It's also confirmed in hus interview with ATARI XP, which can be found on the ATARI XP website.

Mockduck has played Aquaventure, noting differences from the prototype on this forum.

You can ask Dennis Debro if he was paid too.

More proof these games have been updated.

I can keep doing this.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

@Gunther: don't play passive-aggressive games and it won't be necessary to do something as distasteful as posting a conversation (no matter how bizarre) carried out in private messages.

realcute.thumb.png.bdf7424555b7317251fb8cb83e09cbb4.png

It's not that bizarre really.

I answered your question honestly.

I was still right about ATARI XP though, so...

You'll likely post my next reply too...

Edited by Gunther