IGNORED

Atari SA releasing limited run 2600 cartridges.

Nall3k

I just can't see spending a grand on this. I get they will most likely appreciate, but I'm not that hardcore of a collector, and I'd never sell it anyway, so there is no appreciation in value to me monetarily. Same thing with Lego sets, of which sometimes I buy two, with intent to sell the second one when it at least doubles to cover the cost, but I never sell those either. The least this set could have is a box to hold it all together like a "boxed set", no? I don't see that on the website.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zonie said:

I just can't see spending a grand on this. I get they will most likely appreciate, but I'm not that hardcore of a collector, and I'd never sell it anyway, so there is no appreciation in value to me monetarily. Same thing with Lego sets, of which sometimes I buy two, with intent to sell the second one when it at least doubles to cover the cost, but I never sell those either. The least this set could have is a box to hold it all together like a "boxed set", no? I don't see that on the website.

so why do you buy 2 copies of the lego sets, in this case, buy 2 of each would have paid off.

later

||| || | |

negative 1

I can not believe how inept Atari is to let that Asteroids box out to the public with a screenshot that is clearly not the 2600 version of Asteroids. Actually I am not shocked. They released thousands of carts with the PCBs in backwards. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Asteroids is my favorite coin-op and I have all of the versions that I need in my collection. I also have homebrew versions for the Colecovision and Intellivision. 

IMG_1127.jpeg

I love these "family" pictures! What is the ribbon/medal for over Space Rocks?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Yup, looks like @Mockduck and @sramirez2008 are going to have another variant to buy...

Yes, already ordered. :) Price isn't that bad, really, and of course I'm buying it. I didn't pick up the Joystick pack yet as I have so many controllers, but the completionist in me will probably order one eventually. Did pick up the Paddle set w/4 in one game cart and the Berzerk Enhanced.

• Like 1

Just now, Hydro Thunder said:

I like it, and I like the price.  Questions of importance mostly related to compatibility (Harmony, Concerto, Robot Tank, Bank Switching, etc).  But...definitely intrigued.

Based on the compatibility list and the fact that they include a dip-switched-based multi-cart, I suspect no flash carts and no cartridges with special chips outside of Pitfall II. That's not unusual for an emulation-based cart dumper.

Overall, I really like the system. It's just a shame they didn't update the joystick with a second button for compatibility with the 7800 games that require them.

17 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

Yup, looks like @Mockduck and @sramirez2008 are going to have another variant to buy...

I’ll pass. I have an R77 (with the community build installed) and a VCS 800 that I primarily use for emulation (Stella, Altirra and A7800). At this point, if any of these devices are unable to play ARM enhanced games, I’m out. 

Note: Its nice that it looks like an Atari. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TwinChargers said:

Its a shame that they lost the Namco games pretty much immediately after launch.  I'd say that was one of the largest draws were the Namco titles.  I'm more than happy to play all the Taito and Midway games, but advertising all the new ways to play Pac-Man (with challenges) and having it taken away was a bummer.  I've read that Antstream is trying to take care of the issue, but its one of those things where you would have thought it would have been addressed before launching.

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

i was wondering about this when the Namco avatars were there, but not the Namco games.

20 hours ago, Gunther said:

17 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

7 hours ago, Gunther said:

It *might* be the Polymega Remix, or it might not be...

48 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Yes, already ordered. :) Price isn't that bad, really, and of course I'm buying it. I didn't pick up the Joystick pack yet as I have so many controllers, but the completionist in me will probably order one eventually. Did pick up the Paddle set w/4 in one game cart and the Berzerk Enhanced.

42 minutes ago, Hydro Thunder said:

I like it, and I like the price.  Questions of importance mostly related to compatibility (Harmony, Concerto, Robot Tank, Bank Switching, etc).  But...definitely intrigued.

40 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Based on the compatibility list and the fact that they include a dip-switched-based multi-cart, I suspect no flash carts and no cartridges with special chips outside of Pitfall II. That's not unusual for an emulation-based cart dumper.

Overall, I really like the system. It's just a shame they didn't update the joystick with a second button for compatibility with the 7800 games that require them.

4 minutes ago, wongojack said:

Is there an Aug 22 link with details?

there's a new thread for the Atari 2600+
I don't think I'll buy it, but I like reading about this kind of thing

• Like 2