IGNORED

Jumping At Shadows - WIP Platform Game from Reboot-Games

CyranoJ

9 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Will it be available to purchase on the AtariAge eBay store for us folks in the UK? Really looking forward to picking up a copy. The packaging looks outstanding. 

As soon as Albert gets home from PRGE it'll be in the AA store, not sure about ebay, but I'd imagine soon after.

On a tangent, if anyone needs a Jumping at Shadows: Moth-Line physical release, I can back order a handful of copies...  plenty of ways to contact me if interested.  ($49.50 USD Inc GST + $26 USD Postage)

• Like 4

I arranged for long-standing reboot-games patrons on the top tier to get early access.  Hopefully this will be a thing going forward for any reboot-games titles published by Atariage.

It'll be open to the public in two weeks or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

I arranged for long-standing reboot-games patrons on the top tier to get early access.  Hopefully this will be a thing going forward for any reboot-games titles published by Atariage.

It'll be open to the public in two weeks or so.

It was suggested just two days ago, that it would be available in the store right after PRGE, is that due to limited/slow production?! (Usuallly, new releases appeared in the store shortly after PRGE)

Its a bummer for anyone outside of the Reboot patreons and I think it was not communicated properly, if it was planned like that.

Edited by agradeneu
info correction

I won't even be home until the end of this week, and it'll be a few days more beyond that until I have more boards and can physically produce more carts. The patreons are able to order first so those will go out first, but others won't be long after that.

No deception was intended, getting these into the store within two weeks of the show is actually pretty quick. 

..Al

• Like 5

I was about to pick up Jumping at Shadows on Friday and I'm very glad that I did! It is a really fun platformer and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

That said, it does appear that it doesn't work with a Jaguar CD attached? I've cleaned the cart slot and tested other jag games and they fire right up, but Jumping at Shadows just gives an immediate full red jaguar logo screen when trying to play it through my Jag CD? But it comes right up when I play it directly on the jaguar without the CD attached?

Anyone else able to give that a test and confirm or might there be a technical reason for this? 

6 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

CSQvYBFY_400x400.thumb.png.7dba9ea341d1a82499eba0efa5dc9051.png: Don't do that, then.

If there is a joke there I guess I don't understand? I always keep my JagCD attached and play games through the pass through on it. This and the JagGD are the only two cartridges I've encountered that can't be used through the JagCD passthrough. The JagGD I understand as there are bus conflicts I believe. But Jumping at Shadows is the first game I've not had work through the JagCD pass through.

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I was about to pick up Jumping at Shadows on Friday and I'm very glad that I did! It is a really fun platformer and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

That said, it does appear that it doesn't work with a Jaguar CD attached? I've cleaned the cart slot and tested other jag games and they fire right up, but Jumping at Shadows just gives an immediate full red jaguar logo screen when trying to play it through my Jag CD? But it comes right up when I play it directly on the jaguar without the CD attached?

Anyone else able to give that a test and confirm or might there be a technical reason for this? 

There is nothing stored in the final 512 bytes of the ROM (which Butch maps over) so I don't know why this would be the case.

I've been playing this one for a little bit this evening.  I really love the game.  It's great visually for sure.  

Maybe someone can help me but I got to the first checkpoint and I'm having extreme difficulty just trying to do the double jump and float past the first trap.  I got past it a couple times only to die right before the end, sending me back to the checkpoint.  Problem is, I think I just got by that trap by accident.  Certainly, not by knowing what i'm doing as I've been stuck here about 10 minutes now.  Any tips to this jump?  It's extremely difficult and challenging my patience right now.  haha

2 minutes ago, Dark Descent said:

I've been playing this one for a little bit this evening.  I really love the game.  It's great visually for sure.  

Maybe someone can help me but I got to the first checkpoint and I'm having extreme difficulty just trying to do the double jump and float past the first trap.  I got past it a couple times only to die right before the end, sending me back to the checkpoint.  Problem is, I think I just got by that trap by accident.  Certainly, not by knowing what i'm doing as I've been stuck here about 10 minutes now.  Any tips to this jump?  It's extremely difficult and challenging my patience right now.  haha

Glad you are having fun with it.  Wait for your dash to charge and use that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Glad you are having fun with it.  Wait for your dash to charge and use that.

I started to figure it out a little.  Low ceilings and other obstacles add to the fun.  I ended up getting past chapter 1 in 48 minutes...most of that time was staring at the dead MOTH screen. lol

10 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

That said, it does appear that it doesn't work with a Jaguar CD attached?

I'd like to understand this as well, and whether Xenowings is likewise compatible with this setup. As and when people get a chance to runs some tests, please post your findings here, thank you.

I've only just got a Jaguar CD, and I don't really want to disconnect it.