IGNORED

Jumping At Shadows - WIP Platform Game from Reboot-Games

CyranoJ

On 4/16/2023 at 1:51 AM, agradeneu said:

One of the initial influences/starting points for me was Micro Mages for NES, basically I imagined how it would look on the Jaguar as a simple platfomer.

The tilesets and the main character fit the bill. 

At some point we were pondering about including autoscroll levels. 

That game looked so cool. I haven't played it but I watched that video about how they made it. I really like those technical details.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I took the decision to withdraw from most activites in this forum for the rest of 2023 and go into "lurking" modus. This means no more updates from me in this thread. 

However, I will be active sporadically on discord Jaguar channel and you will find latest updates on JAS there and on my itch page project page.

See you!

• Sad 4

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Doc4 said:

This has to be one of the best looking new releases for the Jaguar I've seen in a long time. Hope to see this for sale one day.

Finally got a change play this WIP demo. Not just one of the best looking new game, but also one of the best or maybe best gameplay feel in Jaguar libary. I can't wait have final one!

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Hi fans, some news on the game:

I will visit EJagfest on Sunday, 22.October, to join fellow devs LordKraken, Ninjabba and Fadest.

Jaguar fans in Germany (or anyone who is interested) can play an all new demo of the game we (Reboot) have prepared with some interesting new features. 

It is not announced on the official page of Ejagfest yet, so I decided to inform you now. 

Cheers!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, SlidellMan said:

Excellent work on the latest version, Cyrano! It's shaping up to be one of the best on the system and will there be any scaling and/or rotation effects at some point?

Thanks - We're making things up as we go along. Never say never.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was playing the demo version this past weekend and my wife saw the game and said wow that one looks really good.  So far only got that reaction with Rebooteroids and Jumping at Shadows.  This game is going to be epic.  It controls so well and looks great.  Can't wait to order it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Jumping At Shadows on today's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us in the chat!

Games:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, grips03 said:

Getting close to release?

Yes, now Rebounced is well along we have switched back to this and have been working on it the last few weeks and will continue until its finished.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...