IGNORED

ABBUC Software contest 2022

holgibo

Hello André

9 hours ago, Level42 said:

Can't log in. Did they change user passwords ?

Not that I know of.  I log in daily.

Did you log in since the new site went online?  The passwords from the old site are gone, you have to register again for the new site.

Sincerely

Mathy

Problems sending emails to ABBUC members

Hello,

many ABBUC members have deposited their e-mail address with the ABBUC board, so that the board can reach the members directly electronically.

Unfortunately, some large e-mail providers reject e-mails from ABBUC as undeliverable, so that members cannot receive e-mails from us.

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to communicate with the support of these major vendors every time or to find a workaround.

There is currently a strong centralization of e-mail services on the Internet due to the availability of free e-mail accounts from large Internet companies (Apple, Google, Yahoo, AOL, Microsoft etc).

These services have achieved such market power on the Internet that other (not large) mail servers can reject this mail without suffering any disadvantages. There are many (technical) reasons why emails are rejected. It is very difficult for small mail operators like ABBUC to meet all the requirements of the big mail operators (we try).

Unfortunately (as of October 2022) mail from the ABBUC server from the following services (mostly) does not arrive:

AOL
Yahoo
ATT/prodigy
Microsoft (hotmail/Outlook/live.com/...)

We recommend ABBUC members to support small and decentralized mail services (e.g. posteo.de or mailbox.org). Strong centralization is bad for the quality of Internet services.

The following providers have been working without problems since the ABBUC Internet services came into existence:

* posteo.de
* mailbox.org
* gmx.de / gmx.net / web.de

There are sporadic problems with the following providers:

* t-online.de
* Gmail (gmail)

Further information on the topic:

* Email service provider recommendations https://drewdevault.com/2020/06/19/Mail ... tions.html

* (German)  Recommended mail providers https://www.kuketz-blog.de/fehlenecke/#email

* List of free mail providers https://dismail.de/serverlist.html

* Not only the ABBUC has such problems: https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nan ... 03817.html

* (German) Briefly explained: Why are my e-mails to Microsoft addresses (hotmail, outlook, live, msn) not arriving? https://forum.kuketz-blog.de/viewtopic.php@t=5007.html

Edited by Yellowman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I may have missed so apologies if so but when will some or all of the games from this contest be released into the public domain for non Abbuc members to enjoy? :) thanks for all who created these amazing games. I understand some are beinf further developed which is great news (ie Trax and Binary Parasite). Just wondering. 

ASC 2022 RESULTS:

place) program

16) List-XEX

15) HRG-Trans

14) MidiCAR-Player

13) Der Schraenker 1

12) Dark Keep

11) Battle of Eris

10) Binary Parasite

08) Der Schraenker 2

08) Trax

07) Moon Quest

06) Retro Dschump

05) DYE  H.E.

04) PacMen Evolution

03) Arcadia

02) Break it 2022

01) Bunny Hop

Alas, I do not have the points or rewarded money at hand.

(Yes, there is no place 9, we therefore have place 8 twice.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, shanti77 said:

This time # 8 place on ABBUC, but the game was created in a hurry and it also has some bugs. This is the version from ABBUC without corrections (I found a few bugs after sending the game to the competition).

t.atr 130.02 kB · 11 downloads

Ohoho, Trax plays even better than it looks :)
Great game, thank you @shanti77 for making it!

I can see Trax2 already :)

• Like 3

On 10/29/2022 at 10:52 PM, shanti77 said:

This time # 8 place on ABBUC, but the game was created in a hurry and it also has some bugs. This is the version from ABBUC without corrections (I found a few bugs after sending the game to the competition).

t.atr 130.02 kB · 45 downloads

Many thanks. Heads up - I've just tried to load in Altirra on my spare laptop (ver 3.90 is installed on this lappy) and it went to Altirra basic screen. (Standard PAL settings with 1088k emulated).  I found I was running Altirra Altirra os 3.26 with Altirra basic so I switched to Atari XL/XE ver 2 and Atari basic rev c and it loaded fine.

• Like 1

Shanti has popped up a new video of the ABBUC 5 level version of trax in the last 14 hours:

This is different to the WIP video a few days back.  I think basically there is the ABBUC 5 level version and then a separate WIP version which has a different dash and also different weapons behaviour, (ie 1, 3 and 5 ways shot).

So just watching this above ABBUC video version really quickly:

• I like the shop where you can spend the collected coins on shield, lives and fire rate. So a real incentive to colelct coins other than for points.
  • I see there are more enemy types other than the chunky ones you see from the start. ( I saw a bug and also a little alien type creature)
  • The stationary 4 way projectile "gun turrets" placed around some later levels add more of a challenge to negotiate.

With some kick ass music and some additional sound FXs this could be very interesting.  I wonder if any teleportation elements to the game - perhaps to hidden areas - would be something worth incorporating? (If not already planned).

That's Shanti. This and also Bloody planet are twoof your WIP I am watching with anticipation. Both have some real potential to build on the likes of classics like Gauntlet IMHO.

:)

Edited by Beeblebrox
incorrect info corrected
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

This is different to the WIP video a few days back.  I think basically there is the ABBUC 5 level version and then a separate WIP version which has a different dash and also different weapons behaviour, (ie 1, 3 and 5 ways shot).

EDIT: I've only just realised the T.atr Shanti released earlier in this thread is the 5 level demo. I thought it was just demo'ing the one level. So will have a play later too.