IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

26 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

Well, the company video also said the card is an NFT on "the blockchain", so I'm wondering how that plays into it as well. Does it transfer the NFT from one wallet to another? Who pays the gas fee? Does the transferor need to approve the transfer from their wallet/account? What happens if the original installed console remains offline, can they continue to play that game indefinitely, or does the other console need to be online for the transfer to complete? I hope the other video makes it clear, thanks for looking for it.

It was explained that if a system is offline, the rfid based licenses will eventually deactivate and require a tap of the rfid card to reactivate.  Not sure about NFT.

Edited by mr_me

10 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

I can't find the conversation, sadly.   But I do remember I ended up giving him the organizer's email address if he wanted to request a copy of the tiny trophy.  

I did find this picture for context, showing the business cards that really tied the room together.

44447402_1235848509886521_1963216382631870464_n.jpg

But were those business cards NFTs?  XD

Edited by atm94404
typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

It was explained that if a system is offline, the rfid based licenses will eventually deactivate and require a tap of the rfid card to reactivate.  Not sure about NFT.

The company video doesn't say it will eventually deactivate (in fact Alavarado says "you can play it as much as you want" while offline), is that info in the other video?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mr_me said:

6 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

The company video doesn't say it will eventually deactivate (in fact Alavarado says "you can play it as much as you want" while offline), is that info in the other video?

Much noise was made about how this machine didn’t have to be online at all. Perhaps that was one of the *many* features and attributes that were dropped or reworked over the short non-life of this product. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

The game doesn't uninstall so it wouldn't necessarily need internet to reactivate.  The internet is needed for the server to be aware.

2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Much noise was made about how this machine didn’t have to be online at all. Perhaps that was one of the *many* features and attributes that were dropped or reworked over the short non-life of this product. 

No, it has to be online to download and install the game software.  Once installed you don't need to be online to play the game.

6 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Yup, internet only needed if you wanted to buy new games. Or download the ones from your code in boxes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The game doesn't uninstall so it wouldn't necessarily need internet to reactivate.  The internet is needed for the server to be aware.

No, it has to be online to download and install the game software.  Once installed you don't need to be online to play the game.

Without links, this just all made up..  And I'm not searching to try to find proof of the assertions.

Edited by rayik
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, gaterooze_ink said:

Tommy got most of his repaid and Nick a bit under half - both after the crowdfunded investment money but before releasing a product, which is, uh, not a good look to say the least. The interest I don't believe was paid yet but is accrued as a debt - they were charging ~30% interest (2.5% per month!), reducing to 10% later. But note above I was referring to their actual equity, which is at risk - if there is a liquidation and assets are sold for a decent amount, they will actually make a substantial profit from the loans with that interest. When you combine it with the salaries they paid themselves, they can potentially come out ahead by 6 figures even if the equity is lost (though it's unlikely the assets will be worth enough IMO).

Let's not forget most of the guys with equity were also drawing salaries. In the case of Nick, he was collecting rent for a property that almost certainly would have sat empty during the pandemic (a juice bar used to occupy the space).   And what do you want to bet that Tommy charged his travel and miscellaneous expenses to the Amico marketing budget (because otherwise what DID they spend all that marketing money on?) for his "hands-on" event that happened to coincide in Austin with a VGL performance?   Why would Tommy spend his own profits from VGL when he could get crowdfunding to pay for a first class plane ticket and hotel?   There's so many vague items in the StartEngine SEC filing that you could hide quite a few "perks" (like cushy jobs for family members) for those who invested equity to ensure they got all their money back plus interest no matter the outcome.  I think after the film version of The Secret, Tommy's favorite movie is probably The Producers- the original with Gene Wilder, not the crappy Matthew Broderick update.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rayik said:

Without links, your just making this all up.  And I'm not searching to try to find proof of your assertions.

Sounds right. Let me help since someone is unwilling. Start at 12 minute mark and they will get to where Tommy said if someone stole it from the store the person who bought it would need to enter.....the code in the box!

Duh....duh.....duh

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

As described from multiple QA sessions.

The game CARD is a type of code in the box.

However, You can sell/transfer ownership of the game.  No need to do anything on the original installed console.

When the "new" owner of the game taps/downloads the game, the cloud server will deactivate the original installed copy.

All consoles will request game re-authorization at some interval.  Thus, the original owner will lose access at some point.  For convenience, they have thought about not forcing re-auth.

Why no re-auth, because if you never connect your console to the internet, you lose functionality.  You cannot buy any new games, you cannot compete in high score comps. you don't get your free birthday gift etc.

Other owners cannot bring games to your home and cradle the controller.  If you did not know this, your game library list is stored in your controller.  If you bring your controller to another console, it will download your games to the guest console.  They remain playable until you re-cradle your controller on you own console.

Why the CARD and CODE.   To resolve owner ship disputes.  I have the card.  It is in fact my game.  Case closed.

Now, we just need the thing released!

4 minutes ago, rayik said:

Without links, your just making this all up.  And I'm not searching to try to find proof of your assertions.

Well the game could uninstall in the case storage runs out of room.  And they certainly said internet is needed to install the game but not to play them, as others here have pointed out.

On 8/7/2022 at 8:00 PM, Cebus Capucinis said:

I think even if you look at this thread you'll see that multiple users that are critical of the way it's been handled spend just as much time saying "We want it to come out, we want it to be successful, we just don't like XYZ" or similar.

Blindly taking up pitchforks and torches is no better than pretending everything is beyond criticism, and most of the users here would agree, I think.

I've been one of the most vocal critics since the beginning, but I still want to see it come out, I still want to play it.   It always annoyed me how people assumed that I wanted it to fail, which is absolutely ridiculous.  Saying something might have a hard time finding success is not the same as wanting it to fail.  I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but so far I.E. has failed to do that. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, mr_me said:

You also said that deactivation would happen after a time interval or network token revocation. I think some of the Amico spokespeople said they’d be willing to take a minor piracy hit in the name of convenience, but does this mean you could load up your Amico with RVID codes (real or genuine), then take it off the network and keep them indefinitely without the need to renew a license? 

We simply don’t know, and you’ve only regurgitated talking points from proven exaggerators with a profit motive. 

Why can’t you acknowledge that software activation on Amico has never been adequately described, explained, oe demonstrated? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

However, You can sell/transfer ownership of the game.  No need to do anything on the original installed console.

I'm still in the dark about the NFT wallet - will it allow automated unauthorized transfers simply by tapping the card on another console? There's no smart contract requiring payment? And wouldn't there be gas fees involved? Can you transfer the NFT without physically mailing the RFID card to someone?

• Like 4

All Righty!...The Forum's back online!

WOOHOO!

I already gave Albert the first "Like"...

See?  Being a night owl can have its advantages...First I had to get caught up in this thread,,,,  I am no longer on page 74 so here we go...

Let's see...My first post to the new forum in the ol Amico thread.  Gonna look for something cool but I still want to be the first before someone else awake at this ungodly hour (or maybe in Europe (not the band) where it's a different time) gets the jump on me...HHMMMMmmm,  what to post...Looking at pics and memes etc.  Can't mess this up!   Think GoldLeader,  Think!!

OK 

Here we go...

every-year-the-great-atari-gives-tacos-to-the-most-sincere-historian.thumb.jpg.2a9f626a18cb6a95ef23f91919dd4f65.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

^ Oops!  Wrong Thread!

Ooooh and Look!

The EDIT Function hasn't come back yet!   Better not mess up!    (Heh)

Maybe posts will be Editable by the time you're reading this ;)

Edited by GoldLeader
Oh, they ARE editable! Woo Hoo! Thanks Al! (Of course that first post was supposed to be a mistake..Comedic license and all)...Hopefully someone laughs ;)
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

The EDIT Function hasn't come back yet!   Better not mess up!    (Heh)

It's there, click the small ... icon in the upper-right corner of the post and you'll see it.  I'll see if I can that moved back as a button, not sure why they decided to hide it. The Report link is also hiding in there.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, godslabrat said:

Sure, let’s talk about the Amico.

The Amico is, quite simply, a scam.  By “scam”, I mean the people in charge of it took money for investments and pre-orders that they knew would not be fulfilled in the time frame specified.  All evidence, and I mean literally 100% ALL of the evidence, available, indicates there was no way the original 10/10/2020 release date could have been met, and this was known in 2019.  Like every grifter console released, all they ever had was a shell, and hastily scrambled to put the insides together after the money was raised—this is not even disputed.

What does seem to be in dispute is how this forum enabled this grift, and allowed Tommy Tallarico’s outright lies to stand without scrutiny.  It is unacceptable that this would be the standard allowed here—this is the same forum that took down the Coleco Chameleon.  However, for whatever reason, Tommy’s scam was allowed to have its own free-reigning thread (which lasted years) and people were banned for asking questions he didn’t like, for posting images he didn’t approve of, or not “reading the room” correctly.

Want to say I’m wrong?  It’s going to do more than saying “Oh, that totally didn’t happen” or “Yeah, it wasn’t modded quite right.”  No, what AtariAge needs to do is be transparent about what really happened.  That means, at bare minimum, the following three things:

1)The Amico subforum should be returned to visibility, including all hidden posts.  Readers need to see the discourse and decide for themselves if the banned posters truly deserved to be banned.

2)A full list of all banned posters should be given, along with what mod banned them and why.  Readers need to be able to see if the reasons given match the allegedly bannable posts.

3)All of Tommy Tallarico’s DM communication with AA Staff should be posted.   Readers need to be able to judge for themselves what established the relationship between Tommy and AtariAge.

I don’t think this is what you want to see on AtariAge.  If that’s the case, join the club.  Maybe you now feel what the rest of us have felt watching AtariAge be transformed from “seasoned perspectives on the entire gaming hobby” to “Tommy Tallarico’s primary source for handjobs”.  I think it’s clear to everyone that AtariAge is no longer what it once was, the only question is, do you care enough to fix it, or will you just forever ignore Tommy Tallarico’s stain on this website?

See you in the funny papers.

Bravo. In complete agreement. 

On 8/9/2022 at 12:47 AM, MrBeefy said:

Mistakes were made...

image0.gif

Regarding the game ownership system, I initially understood what Mr Me and 1080gamers claim, and I found it quite clever actually. But when Tommy said the second owner would have to type the code manually, that completely baffled me. It's clearly not consistent with Mr Me's version.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 11:36 PM, Flojomojo said:

You also said that deactivation would happen after a time interval or network token revocation. I think some of the Amico spokespeople said they’d be willing to take a minor piracy hit in the name of convenience, but does this mean you could load up your Amico with RVID codes (real or genuine), then take it off the network and keep them indefinitely without the need to renew a license? 

We simply don’t know, and you’ve only regurgitated talking points from proven exaggerators with a profit motive. 

Why can’t you acknowledge that software activation on Amico has never been adequately described, explained, oe demonstrated? 

You might be right that the process wasn't adequately described. But it was described, in this youtube interview from last October for example (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NzhBlVALCAU). The CFO has talked about a possible piracy vulnerability under a certain scenario but didn't go into detail, and that was earlier last summer, and they may have reconsidered addressing that vulnerability.  It was also asked and discussed in other youtuber videos with company staff.  These people have been talking about their product while the product is in development.  So things can change. Even after it's released, it can change.

This started because someone said the rfid is just a code-in-box. And I pointed out it's more than that because it's transferable unlike a code-in-box for other game systems. So not unlike some Windows activation codes which can be reused, as you pointed out.  Although I didn't think Microsoft eula permitted license transfer to others. Then someone asked how is it transferable. I answered based on what they said. Albert was right, best not to talk about Amico on Atariage until it's released but people here insist on it.

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Regarding the game ownership system, I initially understood what Mr Me and 1080gamers claim, and I found it quite clever actually. But when Tommy said the second owner would have to type the code manually, that completely baffled me. It's clearly not consistent with Mr Me's version.

The way it's described is having to type in the id number only happens if the first user didn't deauthorise the game on their system.  But I agree it doesn't make sense, since the rfid card should be enough to identify possession of the license.  Also, my understanding is that the id number printed on the card is stored electronically on the chip, so what's the point of typing it in.

On 8/8/2022 at 11:43 PM, gaterooze_ink said:

I'm still in the dark about the NFT wallet - will it allow automated unauthorized transfers simply by tapping the card on another console? There's no smart contract requiring payment? And wouldn't there be gas fees involved? Can you transfer the NFT without physically mailing the RFID card to someone?

I don't think they've talked about this at all.  I've spoken about it, in general, as a use case.  And I see it more beneficial for games purchased digitally.  The rfid card should be enough to identify who possesses the license.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albert said:

It's there, click the small ... icon in the upper-right corner of the post and you'll see it.  I'll see if I can that moved back as a button, not sure why they decided to hide it. The Report link is also hiding in there.

..Al

Strange, I can only see "Report" & "Share" in the ... thingy.

3 minutes ago, youxia said:

Strange, I can only see "Report" & "Share" in the ... thingy.

You can only edit a post for a short amount of time normally.  Some forums allows editing of posts for longer periods of time (or indefinitely), such as the Marketplace and various Programming forums.

..Al

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Albert said:

You can only edit a post for a short amount of time normally.  Some forums allows editing of posts for longer periods of time (or indefinitely), such as the Marketplace and various Programming forums.

..Al

Do'h, of course...forgot about that.

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

image0.gif

Yup. It is a code in a box that he was able to convince some was somehow special and not 100% digital.

It is a 100% digital console. When IE goes under there will be no transferring of anything, nor can you play the games from code card. 

In fact if it worked like he described it would mean that everyone would lose their code in box games. That would mean after IE went under you wouldn't be able to verify you own it and never be able to play them. 🤣🤣🤣