IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

22 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

New Running Man slate drink coasters are now available in the Intellivision merchandise shop:

https://intellivision.com/shop/running-man-slate-drink-coasters

Is that recent? I get a popup. If I click Europe, the shopify store is gone. If I click US/Canada, I get redirected to the physical products.

3 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

The Amico will go down in history as the most gaming related device ever that does not run Doom.

Agreed!   I think an LED wristwatch from the 70's will play Doom before it comes to the Amico!  Most notably because the Amico doesn't exist.  And if they couldn't put one together for Millions of dollars,  I'm not sure why those delusional Discord fanatics think they can pull it off using the table scraps from a stone coaster sale...

5 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Agreed!   I think an LED wristwatch from the 70's will play Doom before it comes to the Amico!  Most notably because the Amico doesn't exist.  And if they couldn't put one together for Millions of dollars,  I'm not sure why those delusional Discord fanatics think they can pull it off using the table scraps from a stone coaster sale...

You're a hater. That's at least $20 profit PER ORDER. They're going to sell at least a dozen.

image.thumb.png.5f4882c269ac146f2f1d2049b34d2d25.png

• Haha 2

On 1/11/2024 at 9:50 PM, Hydro Thunder said:

Actually I was referring to the Tommy Trasharico gif of him popping out of the garbage with what looks like a shopped Amico controller.  I loved the Doom one too though.  :)

Ah he was originally holding a GBA. Guessing a stupid skit from the TV show. It makes a very fitting rocket ship.

On 1/11/2024 at 10:50 PM, jerseystyle said:

Wait, so how many consoles has Atari released since TT made fun of them? With the 400 mini are we up to 4?

It isn't like Atari set a high bar for him to overcome either.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:01 AM, jerseystyle said:

Uh-oh… if you aren’t careful you’re gonna summon Mr_Me from the cryopod. He will then lecture us on what “ship” actually means.

According to him it passed its certs and being on the launchpad is as good as launched. He is enjoying his swipe controls for such games as Nightstalker and Cloudy Mountain since we all know the twin stick shooter has yet to be invented or is too difficult to grasp for donuts.

On 1/12/2024 at 2:37 PM, livingonwheels said:

New Running Man slate drink coasters are now available in the Intellivision merchandise shop:

https://intellivision.com/shop/running-man-slate-drink-coasters

Ah the console was on a coaster all along!

How did anyone think using that old mascot was a good idea to market a modern console that, "wasn't for retro enthusiasts?" It's so bland, uninspiring, and uncreative.

visual_evolution_of_mario.jpg.4cac41acb514a23bc42301813263dfd6.jpg

VS

20240113_180434_0000.thumb.png.0a972c8dd80694ee83d048fe2fa891e5.png

14 hours ago, rayik said:

This video really shows that IE was doing crowdfunding for years, all the while saying they were not crowdfunding.  Also there really is no hope for a console release in the future.

If you go back to when I posted the Fig link, you can really see the desperation. He was in total floundering lie mode. The Founder's Editions were clearly a way to show that people would buy the console at a higher price than the $150-$180. They didn't have the investors. They had The Secret. 

The mental gymnastics they tried to do to explain they weren't crowdfunding was idiotic. However, I willhave to give it to them as it worked on some weak minded individuals who were incapable of reading the Fig website which explicitly said, crowdfunding.

🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

They're going to sell at least a dozen.

They only have 25 of them, though, so not much more. 😉

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

20240113_180434_0000.thumb.png.0a972c8dd80694ee83d048fe2fa891e5.png

Damn, you made me remember the 1997 Running Man! This one was so lame... Glad they changed it back to a more similar version to 1987. 🧐

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I guess in a way, Tommy's vision board can play Doom, and that's where the Amico exists.

Tommy wins again!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

You're a hater. That's at least $20 profit PER ORDER. They're going to sell at least a dozen.

image.thumb.png.5f4882c269ac146f2f1d2049b34d2d25.png

Dare to dream!  Well the number of cultists on the Discord must be...?

Hmmmmm...

Let's see if we can do the math IE Style on this one...

3btbgy.jpg?a473448

$20  PER ORDER!!

Profit.thumb.png.42a7653e726154b7ecccf8bc2f48ac21.png

Of course,  the "Vision Board" is just a simple tool...Well and so is Tommy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

They only have 25 of them, though, so not much more. 😉

Damn, you made me remember the 1997 Running Man! This one was so lame... Glad they changed it back to a more similar version to 1987. 🧐

Why don't you like the current one hater!?!?!? It's pure fire!

Dumpster Fire GIF

5 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Dare to dream!  Well the number of cultists on the Discord must be...?

Hmmmmm...

Let's see if we can do the math IE Style on this one...

3btbgy.jpg?a473448

$20  PER ORDER!!

Profit.thumb.png.42a7653e726154b7ecccf8bc2f48ac21.png

Of course,  the "Vision Board" is just a simple tool...Well and so is Tommy...

Here is a page from the Wonka Vision Book.

image-4-ezgif.com-resize.thumb.png.97b43825fdffc4dd86621e2fe4bacc58.png

Here is a blank page for you to make your own! Write your own vision!

image-4.thumb.png.6f47c90c3c08051045608920ac15ba97.png

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:39 PM, MrBeefy said:

According to him it passed its certs and being on the launchpad is as good as launched. He is enjoying his swipe controls for such games as Nightstalker and Cloudy Mountain since we all know the twin stick shooter has yet to be invented or is too difficult to grasp for donuts.

The aiming mechanism in Amico Cloudy Mountain and Amico Night Stalker should be more comparable to a rotary control, e.g. Tron arcade panel. I say should because I don't know how it was implemented, I would expect swipe up/down or left/right to rotate the aiming graphic. In Amico Missile Command, for example, there is a user selectable option:  absolute position or relative swipe control.

They claimed to have fcc rf emissions compliance, they were clear that they did not submit for fcc intentional radiator compliance e.g. wifi/bluetooth.  Back in 2020 they had finalised the design and hardware specifications, they had a working prototype and playable games, but they didn't have production ready hardware not to mention all the software systems.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:39 PM, MrBeefy said:

If you go back to when I posted the Fig link, you can really see the desperation. He was in total floundering lie mode. The Founder's Editions were clearly a way to show that people would buy the console at a higher price than the $150-$180. They didn't have the investors. They had The Secret. 

The mental gymnastics they tried to do to explain they weren't crowdfunding was idiotic. However, I willhave to give it to them as it worked on some weak minded individuals who were incapable of reading the Fig website which explicitly said, crowdfunding.

Their price estimates were already over $200 leading to the founder's edition preorders.  Around that time a price was initially set at $230 which was soon changed to $250, and that was for the standard editions, special editions at $280 or more.  The founder's edition was to include a $50 gift card and some other collectables, account for that and it would have been cheaper than the standard edition.  They talked about anything over $250 not working for their primary target market.

The Fig/Republic revenue share crowdfunding is investor funding, rather than customer funding like a typical Kickstarter.  That was the differentiator.  There was some money from customer deposits, but that being only about 3% of funding, the project was essentially investor funded.

---------

And this was the logo that Mattel Electronics used back in the 1970's, the company closed in 1984.

25261.png

Edited by mr_me
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

The Fig/Republic revenue share crowdfunding is investor funding, rather than customer funding like a typical Kickstarter.  That was the differentiator.  There was some money from customer deposits, but that being only about 3% of funding, the project was essentially investor funded.

So you agree that it was crowdfunding.  Good to know.  

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, mr_me said:

The aiming mechanism in Amico Cloudy Mountain and Amico Night Stalker should be more comparable to a rotary control, e.g. Tron arcade panel. I say should because I don't know how it was implemented, I would expect swipe up/down or left/right to rotate the aiming graphic. In Amico Missile Command, for example, there is a user selectable option:  absolute position or relative swipe control.

They claimed to have fcc rf emissions compliance, they were clear that they did not submit for fcc intentional radiator compliance e.g. wifi/bluetooth.  Back in 2020 they had finalised the design and hardware specifications, they had a working prototype and playable games, but they didn't have production ready hardware not to mention all the software systems.

Their price estimates were already over $200 leading to the founder's edition preorders.  Around that time a price was initially set at $230 which was soon changed to $250, and that was for the standard editions, special editions at $280 or more.  The founder's edition was to include a $50 gift card and some other collectables, account for that and it would have been cheaper than the standard edition.  They talked about anything over $250 not working for their primary target market.

---------

And this was the logo that Mattel Electronics used back in the 1970's, the company closed in 1984.

25261.png

AI program initiated...must respond to questions not directed towards me........InTelLiViSion ArE GoOd.....InTeLlIvIsIoN aMiCo FcC cOmPlIanT........MuSt kEeP ShIlLiNg.....AI out!!

• Haha 2

Yet another of Tommy's claims to have composed a famous piece of video game music debunked.

Genuine question here, but did he actually compose anything?

I'm starting to doubt that even Color a Dinosaur is his now.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Yup crowdfunding 100%. Both the investment and consumer kind. They claimed that the $1 goal was showing "it wasn't crowdfunding". However, all that did was guarantee that their project would fund and they would get to keep that money. Note this picture that mentions not just the investing which was the Republic side, but also rewards on the Fig side. Just like other crowdfunding sites like KS or IGG. Anyone trying to say it was one form of crowdfunding but not another must have had their head shoved really far up a former CEOs behind to huff those farts they loved so much. That and they have an IQ lower than a literal donut.

Screenshot_20240117_181524_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ca11a91770b4b78ec7b208f8f8e666bb.jpg

3 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Yet another of Tommy's claims to have composed a famous piece of video game music debunked.

Genuine question here, but did he actually compose anything?

I'm starting to doubt that even Color a Dinosaur is his now.

Anything that seems like it remotely takes any talent is probably actually done by someone else that worked at his studio or by his dad (TvT).

It is sad that he can't be happy with the knowledge he gave talented people a job or avenue for them to showcase their talent. Instead he has to take credit for other people's work,which degrades them. Kind of how he later changed the Oof sound metadata from Joey Kuras to his name. He's the poster child for being a JUG.

19 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Have I said otherwise.  But what kind of crowdfunding, because some people might only think of Indiegogo or Kickstarter style customer based rather than investor based.  And even their preorders were different than typical Kickstarters with deposits being a fraction of the purchase price compared to full prepayment in a typical kickstarter. That wouldn't have been quite enough to cover manufacturing let alone games development, systems development, marketing.  About 97% of funding was from investors and lenders.

Edited by mr_me

@MrBeefy

Late TM update from December 2023:

Once again IE failed to file statement of use or extension request for "Intellivision Together Again".

The petition

and the complete document record showing the last revival request for abandoned TM:

see March 17, 2023 entry

Once again the attorney incorporated the tiring statement:

The signatory believes that he/she has firsthand knowledge that the applicant's failure to timely file a statement of use (SOU) or request for an extension of time to file a statement of use (extension request) was unintentional

Apparently IE is consistent at 1 thing...late filings of legal paperwork.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Have I said otherwise.  But what kind of crowdfunding, because some people might only think of Indiegogo or Kickstarter style customer based rather than investor based.  And even their preorders were different than typical Kickstarters with deposits being a fraction of the purchase price compared to full prepayment in a typical kickstarter. That wouldn't have been quite enough to cover manufacturing let alone games development, systems development, marketing.  About 97% of funding was from investors and lenders.

Yes, you're literally trying to say otherwise right now.  Tommy and others said they weren't using crowdfunding and you just agreed that they did.  It doesn't matter how you try to slice it, everything you said there is crowdfunding and what you are calling "investors" and "lenders" are actually just individual members of the public who risked their money to back a product just like every other crowdfunding campaign that has ever existed.    

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Yes, you're literally trying to say otherwise right now.  Tommy and others said they weren't using crowdfunding and you just agreed that they did.  It doesn't matter how you try to slice it, everything you said there is crowdfunding and what you are calling "investors" and "lenders" are actually just individual members of the public who risked their money to back a product just like every other crowdfunding campaign that has ever existed.    

Why write that I agreed that they did and at the same time say I said otherwise. It only misleads people who don't read what I actually said.

Now regarding what the former CEO and others said, I don't keep track of everything that other people say. I do remember the former CEO saying, early on, that they wouldn't be crowdfunding. But that was before their VC investor funding didn't go as planned, and they shifted strategies.  Even in that context he was talking about not wanting customers to have to preorder in order to get a system.