IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

On 3/1/2023 at 6:05 PM, Sir Guntz said:

A public apology and the old Amico forum being made public again would go a long way to reverse my boycott stance.

I wouldn't get a shopping list together anytime soon.   I'm quite sure the handling of the situation will be Tommy's patented "pretend it never happened and hope it goes away" approach to problem solving. 

• Like 1

Off-the-cuff comments: I wonder if any of the investors are seeking a derivative suit of any sort under applicable law under bad faith, breach of fiduciary duties, or any other theories. They're typically not successful, but there may be grounds here to warrant making the argument.

Unlike a traditional suit, where an investor complains about waste of their value, a derivative suit occurs when investors sue directors or officers on BEHALF of the entity, which can lead to change in control via court order. That would be one way to possibly turn the ship around, if at all possible at this point.

Having said that, I'm unsure whether the "equity" given to investors was, in fact, voting equity (I'd be a little surprised if it was), and that also assumes it's worth the expense and time to get a derivative suit going, both of which are unlikely. Just noodling some possible legal concepts.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

There is so fond memories of Tommy shitting himself here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210522125359/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301014-new-intellivision-amico-info-and-discussion-thread/page/4/#comments

I love how they've been working their asses off since 2017 to be the huge failures they are.

WINNING!

It's hard to believe that thread was only 7 pages long. It was much longer before "the edit!" ;)

Well that was an interesting read. I also found backups of these interesting threads...

https://web.archive.org/web/20210521085126/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/288558-intellivision-amico-tommy-tallarico-introduction-qa/

https://web.archive.org/web/20210522125358/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301105-independent-amico-discussion-thread/

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Off-the-cuff comments: I wonder if any of the investors are seeking a derivative suit of any sort under applicable law under bad faith, breach of fiduciary duties, or any other theories. They're typically not successful, but there may be grounds here to warrant making the argument.

Unlike a traditional suit, where an investor complains about waste of their value, a derivative suit occurs when investors sue directors or officers on BEHALF of the entity, which can lead to change in control via court order. That would be one way to possibly turn the ship around, if at all possible at this point.

Having said that, I'm unsure whether the "equity" given to investors was, in fact, voting equity (I'd be a little surprised if it was), and that also assumes it's worth the expense and time to get a derivative suit going, both of which are unlikely. Just noodling some possible legal concepts.

I doubt it.  the republic.co agreement for the "investment" is pretty cut and dried.  you do not have any voting rights, you can't sell or trade your shares, and fig/republic can even use the money for things that are not amico/intellivision related at their sole discretion.  It was so lop-sided that I am not sure why anyone would ever put money in it.  there were literally pages and pages of red flags in the disclosure documents.  if "we may not be able to continue as an ongoing entity" didn't do it, nothing will.   Checking out republic today, it looks like their business has dried up quite a bit since the amico days.  There's maybe 1/4th as many "offerings" on there, and most of them are pretty horrible.  they generally don't pass the smell test, and if you know a modicum of the sciences they reek of snake oil and perpetual motion.  (one is an EV with solar panels on the roof.  if you could charge up your EV this way, everyone would be doing that.  you can probably put enough panels on your average tesla to give you another 1-5 miles of range if you kept it outside in full sun all day).

Their repayment on the investment was so terrible too, just a small percentage of hardware sales on the intv website itself, and an even tinier fraction through 3rd parties like amazon;  the bulk of your payback was going to be through software sales made via on-system purchases.  They had time limits on the return on your investment, and tiers;  the larger return of course happened at the start, and by the end of the payout tiers you got nothing for 3rd party sales, and a small fraction of game sales.  after that, you got nothing.  There was also a hard 10x limit on your return.  You got to accept ALL the risk and barely reap any rewards for the massive risk you were exposed to.   as an aside,  I'm 100% sure this is why the empty boxes they made up were called "physical product" instead of "physical games".  If they called it the latter, they'd have to pay out a return on republic, even if it was very small.  By calling it "physical product" and using handwavey motions about them only becoming games when said system/games were done was their way to sell games without them being classified as such.  This screwed out the investors AND the game authors!  tommy wins again!

This is why the startengine offering was so interesting.  Those people were accredited investors so they actually were pretty savvy.  They started asking the hard questions, and tommy and friends ran screaming out of there.  Their documents they had to present since this was an ACTUAL investment offering were pretty damning, showing the company was basically done at that point.  These said they were going to run out of money 4-5 months (july 2021 AFAIR) if they didn't get an immediate infusion of 5-10 million. 

I still think people have a much better chance getting their $100 preorder money back out of tommy himself, due to the dozens to hundreds of times he said that those were 100% refundable at any time, and he personally guaranteed it.  He's on forums saying it.  probably on twitter, and many times on live streams, and videos and probably dozens of other places.  Normally you wouldn't have much chance, but in small claims you could probably put forth a good argument and win with enough evidence of him saying it, over the course of a year or more.   I know it's not worth the $100 to file the case, but it'd be more than worth it so see his dumb ass in court.  But to be honest he'd probably just blow it off and pay the judgement instead of showing up.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

It's hard to believe that thread was only 7 pages long. It was much longer before "the edit!" ;)

Well that was an interesting read. I also found backups of these interesting threads...

https://web.archive.org/web/20210521085126/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/288558-intellivision-amico-tommy-tallarico-introduction-qa/

https://web.archive.org/web/20210522125358/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301105-independent-amico-discussion-thread/

One of them was that short. I made 3 threads altogether and Tommy whined and kept crapping his britches to get it locked.

Jaybird even told me he was talking with him behind the scenes and that different people needed to be handled in different ways.

After telling me that and realizing how it sounded like he was favoring some over others he tried to walk it back that it didn't mean rules were applied differently to others. He just wanted to be "fair to Tommy". Tommy who made a lot of claims and had nothing to show.

That was from a PM in February 2020 and it was pretty obvious just discussing it wasn't an option by his response. He took "fair to Tommy" as, you can't have an opinion and if Tommy whines and craps his pants saying they don't know the truth, then it gets locked, deleted, or banned as MISINFORMATION.

I tried to warn jaybird as to how his actions appeared, but he didn't want to listen to me. Instead took his information from a CEO who made promises, took money, and never delivered. Not to mention that CEO being a habitual liar.

I wish it would have went differently, but I guess he was really into that Amico wall plug. 🤷 At least AA is better now that TT isn't skunking up the place.

tumblr_701531f2dc41ea753e5bef36273f4fe0_41384ee9_1280.thumb.png.95b445ec1649215490133fcc7c1829b5.png

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Yeah, that AC adapter with the console name on it is really innovative! Can't believe nobody ever thought of that before or anything, especially in the realm of video games. *Looks over at Atari and Nintendo wall warts*

*Looks at generic Series X and PS5 power leads*

Ah well, at least those guys know how to make and ship games consoles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When a friend of mine got the Genesis for Christmas (or his birthday, I don't remember), his mother let him have the controller to ease the wait. So it makes me wonder if IE could have at least shipped the AC adapters for the shills to have something to play with. Maybe they can already use them with systems requiring similar power! 💡🎊

• Haha 4

On 3/5/2023 at 3:14 AM, roots.genoa said:

When a friend of mine got the Genesis for Christmas (or his birthday, I don't remember), his mother let him have the controller to ease the wait. So it makes me wonder if IE could have at least shipped the AC adapters for the shills to have something to play with. Maybe they can already use them with systems requiring similar power! 💡🎊

Hey, what the shills decide to use their Amico adapter for is their business...

Sexy Sex Ed GIF by HannahWitton

• Haha 1

I went down a small rabbit hole over the weekend after replying to one of NSG's videos to clarify the Republic funds. Here are my findings for anyone interested!

--

TL;DR: Intellivision's advertised pre-order sales AND revenue randomly morphed depending on the platform. They claimed 12,600 in pre-order sales and $1,260,000 in raised revenue as part of launching their Fig campaign in April 2020 so those figures were what potential investors saw at top of the campaign from day one, but their eventual SEC disclosures reveal they only had 5,393 total pre-orders through December 2020.

--

First, the Republic funds shown also encapsulate the Fig campaign, which in turn encompasses Intellivision's own claims of 12,600 $1.26M pre-order sales before the Fig campaign even launched. So Republica's figure is the combination of all of this. I have seen many people (understandably) get this detail wrong, including some of the biggest videos on the topic.

• ALLEGED PRE-ORDERS: $1,260,000
  • FIG: $5,847,285
  • REPUBLIC: $4,483,655
  • TOTAL: $11,590,940

The Fig campaign largely pads the pre-order number and adds Intellivision's claimed $1,260,000 self-raised money to that total, at Intellivision's discretion. When you visit the campaign, you'll see "13,022 PRE-ORDERS" at the top. investors on Fig were able to select from the $100 pre-order allocations as part of their investment, as an option. But if you scroll all the way to the bottom in the collapsed FAQ fine-print, you will see:

Q: Does the pre-order total include past pre-orders?

A: Yes. We previously sold 12,600 units during 2 different pre-order events and they are included in the total.

With that in mind, the Fig campaign itself only yielded another 422 pre-orders. The original 12,600 Intellivision mentions is derived from:

• The 2,600 alleged founder edition preorders.
  • The 10,000 alleged VIP pre-orders, conveyed by Intellivision to Ventura Beat etc. in April 2020 in the same month they established the Fig campaign.

A year later for their Fundable campaign, the figure listed dropped over 52% as stated: "$1.9M in pre-orders via direct online sales - 6,000+ units sold"

The "$1.9M in pre-orders via direct online sales" is suspect as their only online pre-order sales were for $100 deposits. If they sold 6,000 as indicated that'd be $0.6M. Even if we add include the full 12,600 + 422 the total would only be $1.3M. They'd have to have had 19,000 pre-order deposits for that claim to be accurate.

--

In their SEC offering they list $539,300 in deferred revenue from paid orders. This comes out to only 5,393 pre-orders through December 31, 2020.

The SEC disclosure appears to be the most accurate, verified by independent accountants. With that, we can conclude it was misinformation to launch the Fig campaign with the highlighted "raised amount" starting at $1,260,000 - 12,600 pre-orders when the actual numbers were a fraction of that. I imagine some would-be Fig investors would be more enticed to contribute to this campaign after seeing this apparently exaggerated starting momentum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

I went down a small rabbit hole over the weekend after replying to one of NSG's videos to clarify the Republic funds. Here are my findings for anyone interested!

--

TL;DR: Intellivision's advertised pre-order sales AND revenue randomly morphed depending on the platform. They claimed 12,600 in pre-order sales and $1,260,000 in raised revenue as part of launching their Fig campaign in April 2020 so those figures were what potential investors saw at top of the campaign from day one, but their eventual SEC disclosures reveal they only had 5,393 total pre-orders through December 2020.

--

First, the Republic funds shown also encapsulate the Fig campaign, which in turn encompasses Intellivision's own claims of 12,600 $1.26M pre-order sales before the Fig campaign even launched. So Republica's figure is the combination of all of this. I have seen many people (understandably) get this detail wrong, including some of the biggest videos on the topic.

The Fig campaign largely pads the pre-order number and adds Intellivision's claimed $1,260,000 self-raised money to that total, at Intellivision's discretion. When you visit the campaign, you'll see "13,022 PRE-ORDERS" at the top. investors on Fig were able to select from the $100 pre-order allocations as part of their investment, as an option. But if you scroll all the way to the bottom in the collapsed FAQ fine-print, you will see:

A: Yes. We previously sold 12,600 units during 2 different pre-order events and they are included in the total.

With that in mind, the Fig campaign itself only yielded another 422 pre-orders. The original 12,600 Intellivision mentions is derived from:

• The 10,000 alleged VIP pre-orders, conveyed by Intellivision to Ventura Beat etc. in April 2020 in the same month they established the Fig campaign.

A year later for their Fundable campaign, the figure listed dropped over 52% as stated: "$1.9M in pre-orders via direct online sales - 6,000+ units sold"

The "$1.9M in pre-orders via direct online sales" is suspect as their only online pre-order sales were for $100 deposits. If they sold 6,000 as indicated that'd be $0.6M. Even if we add include the full 12,600 + 422 the total would only be $1.3M. They'd have to have had 19,000 pre-order deposits for that claim to be accurate.

--

In their SEC offering they list $539,300 in deferred revenue from paid orders. This comes out to only 5,393 pre-orders through December 31, 2020.

The SEC disclosure appears to be the most accurate, verified by independent accountants. With that, we can conclude it was misinformation to launch the Fig campaign with the highlighted "raised amount" starting at $1,260,000 - 12,600 pre-orders when the actual numbers were a fraction of that. I imagine some would-be Fig investors would be more enticed to contribute to this campaign after seeing this apparently exaggerated starting momentum.

Yeah the numbers really never added up. I paid close attention to Fig for quite awhile. Early on it didn't have those high nunbers, then out of no where it jumped to 12600.

*Edit* Fundable was also a treasure trove of truths. It also said only 6000 orders and also showed they were far from a finished console. The only thing they had done was the hardware board designs and the plastic shell to put them in. Pack ins, backend, and their OS was all unfinished. 

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Creamhoven said:

Was the Amico ever showcased and available for playtesting? What I am interested in how the controller works.

They were set up at various events around the US and in Europe in 2020-2021, but at relatively unknown locations and with only 1-2 days advance notice to the public (Amico supporters were told much earlier in private to make travel arrangements, or were otherwise part of facilitating the setups).

There hasn't ever been one sent for independent playtesting by a neutral party or media outlet. In Europe a system was allowed to be used for several hours but I believe Hans was present and proctoring that demonstration. And if I remember right that session still wound up noting the controller had various problems, but later updated their story to say they were told it was only a firmware glitch specific to that unit.

• Like 1

@MattPilz your numbers and order of events seem accurate to me. Note that VentureBeat will print whatever they’re told, and Dean Takahashi clearly favors new companies, as their website name would suggest. He’s not someone I’d read for analysis, investigation, or in-depth followup. If I used Twitter I’d be tempted to ask him what he thinks of Amico now. 

Intellivision’s frequent claims of $25 million in pre-sales were very misleading, possibly to the point of fraud. They’ve never adequately explained themselves and danced around the question. 

10 years ago, Ouya raised $8.5 million on Kickstarter money from over 63,000 backers, launched their $99 Android console in retail stores, and became a punchline for gamers. Intellivision Amico is objectively worse in every way except nobody knows who they are. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MattPilz said:

They were set up at various events around the US and in Europe in 2020-2021, but at relatively unknown locations and with only 1-2 days advance notice to the public (Amico supporters were told much earlier in private to make travel arrangements, or were otherwise part of facilitating the setups).

There hasn't ever been one sent for independent playtesting by a neutral party or media outlet. In Europe a system was allowed to be used for several hours but I believe Hans was present and proctoring that demonstration. And if I remember right that session still wound up noting the controller had various problems, but later updated their story to say they were told it was only a firmware glitch specific to that unit.

None of the units they used were production ready. They were all different states of prototypes. Most likely they were optimized for certain games to play on certain units.

11 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@MattPilz ...

Intellivision’s frequent claims of $25 million in pre-sales were very misleading, possibly to the point of fraud. They’ve never adequately explained themselves and danced around the question. 

The $25M / 100k in retail purchase orders along with the $150M manufacturing line of credit are two of the big questions.  Either they had it or they didn't.  Probably shouldn't be described as presales since neither purchase orders or preorders are considered units sold, the Republic page describes them both ways.

15 hours ago, MattPilz said:

--

--

--

Preorders are not sales but they can be described as the total value of product preordered or the total of deposits collected or both.  Also, direct preorders will be less than total preorders because it doesn't include preorders through retailers, and deposits at retailers would never be part of deposits collected. That's not to say there wasn't exaggeration in any of the numbers.

12 hours ago, MattPilz said:

On 3/3/2023 at 12:58 PM, kevtris said:

I doubt it.  the republic.co agreement for the "investment" is pretty cut and dried.  you do not have any voting rights, you can't sell or trade your shares, and fig/republic can even use the money for things that are not amico/intellivision related at their sole discretion.  It was so lop-sided that I am not sure why anyone would ever put money in it.  there were literally pages and pages of red flags in the disclosure documents.  if "we may not be able to continue as an ongoing entity" didn't do it, nothing will.   Checking out republic today, it looks like their business has dried up quite a bit since the amico days.  There's maybe 1/4th as many "offerings" on there, and most of them are pretty horrible.  they generally don't pass the smell test, and if you know a modicum of the sciences they reek of snake oil and perpetual motion.  (one is an EV with solar panels on the roof.  if you could charge up your EV this way, everyone would be doing that.  you can probably put enough panels on your average tesla to give you another 1-5 miles of range if you kept it outside in full sun all day).

Their repayment on the investment was so terrible too, just a small percentage of hardware sales on the intv website itself, and an even tinier fraction through 3rd parties like amazon;  the bulk of your payback was going to be through software sales made via on-system purchases.  They had time limits on the return on your investment, and tiers;  the larger return of course happened at the start, and by the end of the payout tiers you got nothing for 3rd party sales, and a small fraction of game sales.  after that, you got nothing.  There was also a hard 10x limit on your return.  You got to accept ALL the risk and barely reap any rewards for the massive risk you were exposed to.   as an aside,  I'm 100% sure this is why the empty boxes they made up were called "physical product" instead of "physical games".  If they called it the latter, they'd have to pay out a return on republic, even if it was very small.  By calling it "physical product" and using handwavey motions about them only becoming games when said system/games were done was their way to sell games without them being classified as such.  This screwed out the investors AND the game authors!  tommy wins again!

This is why the startengine offering was so interesting.  Those people were accredited investors so they actually were pretty savvy.  They started asking the hard questions, and tommy and friends ran screaming out of there.  Their documents they had to present since this was an ACTUAL investment offering were pretty damning, showing the company was basically done at that point.  These said they were going to run out of money 4-5 months (july 2021 AFAIR) if they didn't get an immediate infusion of 5-10 million. 

I still think people have a much better chance getting their $100 preorder money back out of tommy himself, due to the dozens to hundreds of times he said that those were 100% refundable at any time, and he personally guaranteed it.  He's on forums saying it.  probably on twitter, and many times on live streams, and videos and probably dozens of other places.  Normally you wouldn't have much chance, but in small claims you could probably put forth a good argument and win with enough evidence of him saying it, over the course of a year or more.   I know it's not worth the $100 to file the case, but it'd be more than worth it so see his dumb ass in court.  But to be honest he'd probably just blow it off and pay the judgement instead of showing up.

The advantage of the revenue share agreement is that it can generate returns when the company isn't profitable, as startups often go a while without generating profit.  It's meant to be a lower risk, lower reward investment.  Of course, it's still very risky, if the company completely fails, the investment is lost.

There's no time limit in the Amico Republic terms up to 3x revenue share.  Once it hits that threshold a two year clock begins.  They'd have to do some phenomenal numbers to reach 10x revenue share in that time but there has to be a limit to protect the interests of equity investors.  Otherwise there's no time limit for Republic investors to more than double their money.  

I don't think the wording of the boxed game sales to customers was meant to deny these investors of revenue share.  It's in the Republic terms that revenue sharing doesn't begin until after the Amico is released anyway.  Ultimately they would have counted as software sales.  And, if successful, the sale of boxed games would have been a small fraction of games sold digitally, anyway.  That wording is to protect them against customer claims.

One of the issues with the Republic investment campaign was that the minimum was too low.  From the beginning they talked about budgeting $20 to $25 million dollars for this thing.  The hit from the revenue share agreement makes equity investment less attractive.  The project should have either been funded by Republic or cancelled.  It's not fair to Republic investors to come out partially funded.  And the difference between user comments on Republic and Startengine is that Republic comments were restricted to Republic Amico investors where Startengine comments were completely open to anyone. 

Normally company officials are protected from personally being sued.  Not sure about a personal guarantee with refunds, however if the court can be convinced of fraudulent activity by a director related to the case it's possible they can be personally sued.  That might be hard to do specific to preorder deposits since the company refunded deposits without issue for about two years until they got into financial trouble.  And by that time, that CEO was no longer in charge.  Maybe the other CEO could be sued in some cases.

And the difference between user comments on Republic and Startengine is that Republic comments were restricted to Republic Amico investors where Startengine comments were completely open to anyone.

@mr_me The first part of this statement is inaccurate. If you look at the comments under “updates” on the Republic page you will see one guy asking that the comments be closed since he didn’t like the tone of some non-investors asking inconvenient questions about the product. He attacks people in such a way that he almost sounds like a paid employee. Not that Intellivision is in a position to pay anyone. 

The StartEngine comments are indeed less restrained, probably because they came with the SEC disclosures showing the dire state of the company in a way that Republic or Fig never did. 

It’s fitting that the StartEngine campaign was taken down but the SEC docs remain online, just as even though @Tommy Tallarico’s self-promotion thread is gone, the great video about him remains online at https://TommyTallarico.com 

When will AtariAge learn how to handle people who only come around when they have something to sell? Mike Kennedy, Chris Cardillo, and Tommy Tallarico establish a pretty clear trend. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It should be pretty known that using shutterstock for images to promote a product should be a red flag to investors. Doing a TinEye on the Republic page with the family eating pizza....

26882-1603341041-2c87512ec5ecd7f78947cebd268d0b9443ce1da8.png

And the results?  Same family, Photoshopped controllers. 

https://tineye.com/search/6e1afd055d388857a4f83c7f6f6b45508e3dc390?sort=score&order=desc&page=1

image.png.5025f293f16d27ad01e1a71ec74d56be.png

• Like 1

Yup. Tallarico and his fans cried "that's what stock photos are for!" when Sam Machkovech pointed this out. 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/06/what-the-hecks-an-intellivision-amico-consoles-leaky-dev-portal-offers-hints/

There are more here: https://amicogames.com/search/stock photos

This one is especially bad

tumblr_f0fd3ef08b8bd0544eacf9bb7021ca7c_6b800e10_1280.thumb.jpg.984d2c069c54d7c970b8e1ccc2bace07.jpgtumblr_aab0c6cbaa0779ece5a03c3239332217_a84e2efc_1280.thumb.jpg.6d931ea12fdd48a3c451d18696f095e4.jpg

They also used actors to simulate family funtime before the thing was finished, in an effort to attract more investor money. 

You can see their paid actors with conspicuous FAKE FCC approval labels in their fake-ass promo vide, one of the last things they shot. 

image.thumb.png.818a9ddbaf540652ec59cc3bdb1d5c1a.png

image.thumb.png.9d5ea88462531be89039a2d12ec1668b.png

Oops they forgot to put the fake label on the back of this one. 

image.thumb.png.91ded251672643599594e96bf669ab97.png

Who is to blame? Most of the staff has already been sacked. 

image.thumb.png.0428673a805e5672051d71acbddac940.png

image.thumb.png.f16fd73037a812d19f80d7484c8ffa7a.png

This is so disingenuous it makes me want to retch.

image.thumb.png.dfb30e826c4090c9a615d567618e255f.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

image.thumb.png.4c8ef8e510b4b887359cc2fa5b224937.png

Deleting tweets is never a good look. 

image.png.3250c2b3d0630d1e72e25f349a0cccf1.png

Re: the other post about investor feedback, @mr_me here's the guy on the Republic website fussing about non-investors being able to post there. From https://republic.com/intellivision-amico-phil-adam-september-update-2022-greetings-this-is-phil-adam# and there's a lot more where this came from. 

image.thumb.png.7c70f94200db851ca0a8edb097e900be.png

image.thumb.png.3b57d8c5c49f79f7e20b38a00d466a17.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@mr_me The first part of this statement is inaccurate. If you look at the comments under “updates” on the Republic page you will see one guy asking that the comments be closed since he didn’t like the tone of some non-investors asking inconvenient questions about the product. He attacks people in such a way that he almost sounds like a paid employee. Not that Intellivision is in a position to pay anyone. 

The StartEngine comments are indeed less restrained, probably because they came with the SEC disclosures showing the dire state of the company in a way that Republic or Fig never did. 

It’s fitting that the StartEngine campaign was taken down but the SEC docs remain online, just as even though @Tommy Tallarico’s self-promotion thread is gone, the great video about him remains online at https://TommyTallarico.com 

When will AtariAge learn how to handle people who only come around when they have something to sell? Mike Kennedy, Chris Cardillo, and Tommy Tallarico establish a pretty clear trend. 

I loved how Nick R was trying to get people to give him their personal information instead of answering questions. He probably was adding people to Tommy's hater folder.

It was nice to see the squirm at the questions because they couldn't say the SEC docs were a bunch of lying misinformed haters trying to destroy family fun. 

I thought Al did that pretty well with Cardillo (iirc) who probably has done less harm to the community as a whole at this point. Oddly enough Cardillo has even delivered some products too.

18 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Yup. Tallarico and his fans cried "that's what stock photos are for!" when Sam Machkovech pointed this out. 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/06/what-the-hecks-an-intellivision-amico-consoles-leaky-dev-portal-offers-hints/

There are more here: https://amicogames.com/search/stock photos

This one is especially bad

tumblr_f0fd3ef08b8bd0544eacf9bb7021ca7c_6b800e10_1280.thumb.jpg.984d2c069c54d7c970b8e1ccc2bace07.jpgtumblr_aab0c6cbaa0779ece5a03c3239332217_a84e2efc_1280.thumb.jpg.6d931ea12fdd48a3c451d18696f095e4.jpg

They also used actors to simulate family funtime before the thing was finished, in an effort to attract more investor money. 

You can see their paid actors with conspicuous FAKE FCC approval labels in their fake-ass promo vide, one of the last things they shot. 

image.thumb.png.818a9ddbaf540652ec59cc3bdb1d5c1a.png

image.thumb.png.9d5ea88462531be89039a2d12ec1668b.png

Oops they forgot to put the fake label on the back of this one. 

image.thumb.png.91ded251672643599594e96bf669ab97.png

Who is to blame? Most of the staff has already been sacked. 

image.thumb.png.0428673a805e5672051d71acbddac940.png

image.thumb.png.f16fd73037a812d19f80d7484c8ffa7a.png

This is so disingenuous it makes me want to retch.

image.thumb.png.dfb30e826c4090c9a615d567618e255f.png

Those FCC approvals aren't fake. They are just holding off on them to make them that much better.

I'm curious to know if any hardcore Intellivision fans are now hunting for an authentic repoed white a blue IE chairs? I hear they still have that authentic reek of desperation and failure on them.

• Haha 4