IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

I wonder if it was after the stock image drama that Tommy tried to get Sam from ArsTechnica blacklisted amongst other journalists and have them not associate with him anymore, or if it was after the article about the tech specs leak. Also Hans tried to get a German journalist fired or punished for being critical of Amico.

Oh well, Tommy can go back to Video Games Live and pretend it never happened, just like Hans is doing with his new Holoride thing. Great morals on show by some great chaps.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

It should be pretty known that using shutterstock for images to promote a product should be a red flag to investors. Doing a TinEye on the Republic page with the family eating pizza....

26882-1603341041-2c87512ec5ecd7f78947cebd268d0b9443ce1da8.png

And the results?  Same family, Photoshopped controllers. 

https://tineye.com/search/6e1afd055d388857a4f83c7f6f6b45508e3dc390?sort=score&order=desc&page=1

image.png.5025f293f16d27ad01e1a71ec74d56be.png

The first thing I noticed was the odd combination of pizza and orange juice! 🤢🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Yup. Tallarico and his fans cried "that's what stock photos are for!" when Sam Machkovech pointed this out. 

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/06/what-the-hecks-an-intellivision-amico-consoles-leaky-dev-portal-offers-hints/

There are more here: https://amicogames.com/search/stock photos

This one is especially bad

tumblr_f0fd3ef08b8bd0544eacf9bb7021ca7c_6b800e10_1280.thumb.jpg.984d2c069c54d7c970b8e1ccc2bace07.jpgtumblr_aab0c6cbaa0779ece5a03c3239332217_a84e2efc_1280.thumb.jpg.6d931ea12fdd48a3c451d18696f095e4.jpg

They also used actors to simulate family funtime before the thing was finished, in an effort to attract more investor money. 

You can see their paid actors with conspicuous FAKE FCC approval labels in their fake-ass promo vide, one of the last things they shot. 

image.thumb.png.818a9ddbaf540652ec59cc3bdb1d5c1a.png

image.thumb.png.9d5ea88462531be89039a2d12ec1668b.png

Oops they forgot to put the fake label on the back of this one. 

image.thumb.png.91ded251672643599594e96bf669ab97.png

Who is to blame? Most of the staff has already been sacked. 

image.thumb.png.0428673a805e5672051d71acbddac940.png

image.thumb.png.f16fd73037a812d19f80d7484c8ffa7a.png

This is so disingenuous it makes me want to retch.

image.thumb.png.dfb30e826c4090c9a615d567618e255f.png

It's like one of those drug commercials.  "Don't Take Amico while driving. Side effects include but not limited to: dizziness, constipation, diarrhea, loose bowels, tiredness, high blood pressure, eye twitching, black stools, rash, hives, dry mouth, anxiety, headache, muscle ache, loss of appetite, blurred vision, nausea, heartburn, difficulty swallowing, UTI, vomiting, fatigue, palpitations, death.   Ask your doctor if Amico is right for you."

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

It's like one of those drug commercials.  "Don't Take Amico while driving. Side effects include but not limited to: dizziness, constipation, diarrhea, loose bowels, tiredness, high blood pressure, eye twitching, black stools, rash, hives, dry mouth, anxiety, headache, muscle ache, loss of appetite, blurred vision, nausea, heartburn, difficulty swallowing, UTI, vomiting, fatigue, palpitations, death.   Ask your doctor if Amico is right for you."

There's an Amico Special Edition that will help with some of that.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@mr_me The first part of this statement is inaccurate. If you look at the comments under “updates” on the Republic page you will see one guy asking that the comments be closed since he didn’t like the tone of some non-investors asking inconvenient questions about the product. He attacks people in such a way that he almost sounds like a paid employee. Not that Intellivision is in a position to pay anyone. 

The StartEngine comments are indeed less restrained, probably because they came with the SEC disclosures showing the dire state of the company in a way that Republic or Fig never did. 

It’s fitting that the StartEngine campaign was taken down but the SEC docs remain online, just as even though @Tommy Tallarico’s self-promotion thread is gone, the great video about him remains online at https://TommyTallarico.com 

When will AtariAge learn how to handle people who only come around when they have something to sell? Mike Kennedy, Chris Cardillo, and Tommy Tallarico establish a pretty clear trend. 

I can confirm that anyone can register and comment on republic. Only difference compared to StartEngine is your comments will be promptly deleted and your account suspended for trolling.

21 minutes ago, Pink said:

I can confirm that anyone can register and comment on republic. Only difference compared to StartEngine is your comments will be promptly deleted and your account suspended for trolling.

Whoa slow down. None of Tommy amd company had their comments deleted and they were trolling about what releasing a console. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm starting to think the Amico threads are hidden to protect TT.  Why,  I don't know.

Post below should have had a public announced thread ban and warning.  Yet the users at AA saw nothing happen.  Nothing at all. 

@MrBeefy don't know how you put up with that in the threads you created.  

@Tommy Tallarico  This is the image you presented as head of a company that is trying to sell a "Family Friendly" item.  Since  the posts are hidden they do not show up in Google searches.

p.s.  If I "bother" you so much and you love Amico so much 
(so much so that you must come here everyday to read or post here)
then just hit that IGNORE button so you will never need to hear or see me again!
Super easy!  No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read my posts.  
Your medicine is only one click away.  :D

amico - tt post.png

Edited by rayik
fix spelling (again)
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, rayik said:

I'm starting to think the Amico threads are hidden to protect TT.  Why,  I don't know.

Post below should have had a public announced thread ban and warning.  Yet the users at AA saw nothing happen.  Nothing at all. 

@MrBeefy don't know how you put up with that in the threads you created.  

@Tommy Tallarico  This is the image you presented as head of a company that is trying to sell a "Family Friendly" item.  Since  the posts are hidden they do not show up in Google searches.

p.s.  If I "bother" you so much and you love Amico so much 
(so much so that you must come here everyday to read or post here)
then just hit that IGNORE button so you will never need to hear or see me again!
Super easy!  No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read my posts.  
Your medicine is only one click away.  :D

amico - tt post.png

I did mute him because everything he said was basically BS. It really bothered him that I didn't care to talk to him. I remember making a joke about how paranoid the Amicolytes were at the Craybrola experience. They were saying a guy wasn't real. I laughed about how even though he said his experience was good that people in the thread said he was fake.

Tommy made some comment about not saying that, and said something about oh I'm finally unmuted him or some shit. Someone else had to quote him and point out that my comment wasn't even directed at him. 🤣

Truth be told I can put up with it for one big reason. I have a mental health background and could see the type of person he was. It was sad seeing so many suckers fall for his lies. It was even more sad to see a mod like jayird3rd who I thought would be more knowledgeable on this stuff to be a puppet. I'm probably one of the few who have pointed out to outsiders that the "TT AtariAge blackmark" was mainly just in the Amico section and if you go elsewhere on the forum to check out homebrews and such you won't see it.

As I said earlier, jaybird3rd hinted at giving TT special treatment and whether he did it knowingly or not he did it. He ignored a lot of stuff. Yet when Al paid closer attention immediately Al noticed a sockpuppet account which was an account I reported numerous times as being a problem.

Jaybird3rd was a lost cause in that thread(s) and I watched him even delete other mod's comments. Which was a huge wtf move by jaybird. So if you want to know my "conspiracy theory" on what happened... I know the mods at AA talk in some fashion. It is a big forum with a lot of stuff going on. So I think it would function like a job. If I hire a worker it's because I would trust their judgment. I'd expect them to give me updates about what is going on in their part of the job.

Well jaybird was probably giving updates via Tommy Tallarico. He was listening to Tommy and Tommy's lies and accepting them as facts and pushing that. He even told me he was in talks behind the scenes with Tommy. So if I was in a position like Al's, I would have trusted "my employee" to give me accurate assessments of what was going on. If I found out that he had not been, then I would want to get rid of the crap that shouldn't have happened, and move on. Amicolytes are crazier than Jagheads and Jagheads at least have a released console to be crazy over.

I was interested in this project because unlike Tommy, I actually have a family, and actually game with them. I can "put up with it" because I deal with more serious stuff daily than a family footbath. So, instead of being serious and like I need to be in my day job, I'm silly online. I deal with actual real serious things daily like trying to keep people from committing suicide or something similar.

People will have to make up their own minds on how they feel about TT and the AA situation. I still think there is plenty of other cool things, like homebrewers to check at AA that doesn't reek of Tommy. 

But what do I know? I'm some hater with a bagillion-quadzillion CONFIRMED fake alt accounts who wants to destroy family foot bathing.

Now where did those FCC certs go?

• Like 5

I'm not going to get into a debate about it or say anything I don't know anything about, but I think I can pretty safely say the threads were not hidden to protect TT.

The reasons may appear unacceptable and arguable from an outside observer's standpoint (something I don't really think about, to be honest), but I don't believe that's one of them.

If protecting TT was the impetus, the Amico threads would remain but would be much more aggressively curated, and ol' JB3 would still be around. If anything, removing the threads entirely shows a distinct lack of intent to protect TT and instead, an attempt to distance from him entirely.

We can argue the merits of taking such acts and the additional consequence of creating a blank slate by removing TT's misdeeds, but I think the intent of AA in doing what it did is pretty clear.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

If protecting TT was the impetus, the Amico threads would remain but would be much more aggressively curated, and ol' JB3 would still be around. If anything, removing the threads entirely shows a distinct lack of intent to protect TT and instead, an attempt to distance from him entirely.

Dear TT was posting over a period of years. It's possible it was one thing, then another. I always thought Tommy was Mike Kennedy with better fundraising skills, but I got the sense Jaybird really thought this was the best h ope for the return of Intellivision. Perhaps he was afraid of this chasing Tommy away, as if he were an important resource who was being denied the respect he deserved? 

image.thumb.png.15e978e15f0d2e5ae8ce9ac368b0f696.png

The day the crowdfunding started was when everyone should have been a LOT more critical. It's hidden away now, but I distinctly remember the day @MrBeefy found the first (of many) fundraising campaigns online, and Mr. Tallarico did not react well. I suspect it looks even worse today, with the benefit of hindsight. Maybe someone can dig it up from the offline copies. 

It's unrelated, but the recent news and revelations about Tucker Carlson at Fox News is a good reminder of getting too attached to a particular narrative, at the expense of the truth. I'm not saying Jaybird did it for the clicks, but there was definitely a lot of energy around the board for those years. Now I'm starting to wonder if some of the enthusiastic boosters were even real. If I had admin rights to the IP logs, I'd wonder how many of the super-enthusiastic booster posts were made from Irvine CA, and later Salt Lake City, UT. 

It doesn't really matter, I think what we see is what we're going to get. I noticed that as recently as yesterday, Albert made it clear he wasn't ready to talk about it, at least not in another discussion where some Jag developer went crazy and got banned. 

image.thumb.png.f623d489b68ac0b3f7fc7ad1baf0b4fc.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Dear TT was posting over a period of years. It's possible it was one thing, then another. I always thought Tommy was Mike Kennedy with better fundraising skills, but I got the sense Jaybird really thought this was the best h ope for the return of Intellivision. Perhaps he was afraid of this chasing Tommy away, as if he were an important resource who was being denied the respect he deserved? 

image.thumb.png.15e978e15f0d2e5ae8ce9ac368b0f696.png

The day the crowdfunding started was when everyone should have been a LOT more critical. It's hidden away now, but I distinctly remember the day @MrBeefy found the first (of many) fundraising campaigns online, and Mr. Tallarico did not react well. I suspect it looks even worse today, with the benefit of hindsight. Maybe someone can dig it up from the offline copies. 

It's unrelated, but the recent news and revelations about Tucker Carlson at Fox News is a good reminder of getting too attached to a particular narrative, at the expense of the truth. I'm not saying Jaybird did it for the clicks, but there was definitely a lot of energy around the board for those years. Now I'm starting to wonder if some of the enthusiastic boosters were even real. If I had admin rights to the IP logs, I'd wonder how many of the super-enthusiastic booster posts were made from Irvine CA, and later Salt Lake City, UT. 

It doesn't really matter, I think what we see is what we're going to get. I noticed that as recently as yesterday, Albert made it clear he wasn't ready to talk about it, at least not in another discussion where some Jag developer went crazy and got banned. 

image.thumb.png.f623d489b68ac0b3f7fc7ad1baf0b4fc.png

Oh yeah Tommy's reaction was a total red flag. That post was the reason I got banned from the Q&A, and that didn't happen until after Tommy crapped his pants over it.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing. You can see how things were looking at that point in time because of the SEC docs. Iirc this was done after their investor pulled out. That should have been the sign that they had a bad idea which had been poorly executed. Not to mention their orders were worse than the VCS! 🤣

I think jaybird was just wrapped up in the excitement of the return of Intellivision and got wrapped up in Tommy's propaganda. You could see it in how he reacted to me and others. I kind of feel bad for the guy. I mean he wouldn't be the only one. Heck some are still deep in it like DJC, Facebook Hugtime crew, and the FCC deniers denier. DJC still runs an Amico name stream in which you are banned from talking Amico. 🤣 Heck just peek in on the FB hugtime group and you will see many who continue to accept reality and get mad at those who do.

I'm less interested in the Amico threads being unbidden than I am in knowing how many of those single thread Amico posters were out of California or Utah. They used employees to astroturf elsewhere and I'm sure they did here too.

• Like 2

The way it happened was interesting. Tommy was clearly not very comfortable with the crowdfunding since he didn't announce it publicly, which was probably a first. Obviously Beefy knew he was 'exposing' IE by giving the link in the Q&A thread but he made it in a very innocuous way, saying it was a good way to invest on Amico, so it was impossible to be 100% certain sure he had bad intentions. He could have been just trying to inform people. 😉 So the fact that Beefy was banned because of that shows that you didn't need to break a forum rule to be banned. He was just suspected to be potentially ill-intentioned. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2023 at 1:50 PM, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Oh well, Tommy can go back to Video Games Live and pretend it never happened, just like Hans is doing with his new Holoride thing. Great morals on show by some great chaps.

This is probably the 10th time I've seen Holoride mentioned somewhere, then Googled it to try and understand what it is... and I still have zero clue.

It's a VR headset, right? Clear so far.

You're using it to play games, right? Okay. I don't see why VR is relevant to a game like Dynablaster, but whatever.

Here's where I get lost:

Why do you have to be in a car?! I assume you must be the passenger so, what, every time you want to play Dynablaster you have to ask a friend for a ride or call an Uber?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Holoride itself is just a $200 Android shitbox, kinda like the Amico was going to be.

The VR headset it uses is an off-the-shelf HTC Vive. Similarly the controller is an 8BitDo.

You don't need to be in a car to use it, but it'll all run off 12V electrics. I'm guessing they're pushing it that way because it's sure as hell not competing with SteamVR on the software front.

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

The way it happened was interesting. Tommy was clearly not very comfortable with the crowdfunding since he didn't announce it publicly, which was probably a first. Obviously Beefy knew he was 'exposing' IE by giving the link in the Q&A thread but he made it in a very innocuous way, saying it was a good way to invest on Amico, so it was impossible to be 100% certain sure he had bad intentions. He could have been just trying to inform people. 😉 So the fact that Beefy was banned because of that shows that you didn't need to break a forum rule to be banned. He was just suspected to be potentially ill-intentioned. 🤦‍♂️

Oh I cam totally tell you my intentions. It was a weird article talking about investing in Intellivision, but also led to basically a continuation of the VIP preorders. They acted like it was just that special time you could get the VIP with the extra perks.

However, Fig had open preorders for the same VIP deal with the bonus giftcards. So as I said here you could still get it. 

Screenshot_2023-03-08_at_4_52.34_PM.thumb.png.55222775df83a025c76a319fb898b508.png

Was Fig weird? Sure was. Did it have a continuation of the VIPs? Sure did. That was also before they dumped that extra 12600 number under preorders for Fig.

I might be the only person on this board who was actually interested in this thing and didn't fawn over the name Intellivision. To be continued....

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Only the moderator would know if Beefy's posts were reported, or be able to view the log as to why he was banned. I think we're just speculating at this point. If they felt like talking about it, they would have done so. 

Remember this?

This is why Tommy freaked out after my post. After further Fig inspection it was obviously crowdfunding. He went through a long rant at one point trying to explain how it wasn't. Tommy always had a tell of, "I don't want them to use my words against me." This is just a sign that he believes he has the right to say anything, and he shouldn't be held accountable for his words.

Look at his special announcement about SNAFOO being a pack in. He walked it back saying well it wasn't in a press release so it, "doesn't count." This was him saying he didn't give a crap about what he said and he didn't care about why anyone gave him money. He in his mind had a right to lie to anyone to get what he wanted. It is the Narcissist prayer to the T, or really in this case to the TT.

The-Narcissists-Prayer.thumb.png.9856b598912a369fe3f6e0e857f8bac3.png

I was excited for this console and even told ole lying man that via PM. He was upset because I watched all the interviews and kept track of all the BS he would say. That was a real problem for him because I didn't jump on the Amicolyte cult bandwagon. I thought for myself. I didn't need some shifty guy who can't articulate a simple message for validation on my opinions, or worse tell me how I should think.

Garvey wanted to do a second interview with me after the last "Independent thread" of mine was locked. Tommy wanted to do a follow up after mine to "refute things". If he didn't encourage jaybird3rd to close it why the need to refute anything?

That's why it is so fun to go back and reread my threads and the Q&A. He wasn't "correcting misinformation", he was literally whining and lying to push his wares.

I never paid attention to the Coleco Chameleon. I missed that drama, but I did go back and review it after this. Amico is almost a 1:1 on that console saga. The difference is this one started out with the Intellivision name, and the other started without a retro tie and had less money. I think if the RetroVCS started with the Coleco name you would have seen a similar trend as Amico.

After a point in time it became sad to see so many people literally enjoy being fed lies and happy to eat them up if it meant some old game they loved came back.

So to wrap this up, my intention was to be a customer for this. Their inability to be honest, keep their promises, and deliver a product made that possibility, impossible.

2 hours ago, Lost Monkey said:

Family friendly Lara Croft on a stripper pole?

Tommy literally said he put off having a family to put all his effort into being a colossal failure who has now more widely exposed himself to be a fraud who took credit for other people's hard work.

If you would like to see more wholesome content visit this YouTube page, like, subscribe, and hit that notification bell. It's low quality, and the main person running the channel is some weird Amico hater. BUT he does have more data and years of experience in family friendly gaming. However, the co-host is way better so there is that.

Now I think I will get back to playing with Jr. Beefy.

Hey Tommy! Can we get a Micro Machines game on Amico!?!?!?!?!11!!?

20230308_195314.thumb.jpg.78b88e53c4ce913d071b1eef3a234b66.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I might be the only person on this board who was actually interested in this thing and didn't fawn over the name Intellivision. To be continued....

Not the only one.  Intellivision name doesn't really mean much to me, other than "awful controller," but I was still quite interested in this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Not the only one.  Intellivision name doesn't really mean much to me, other than "awful controller," but I was still quite interested in this.

Well nice to see I wasn't alone in that then. The claim it wasn't a retro console but would have all these retro games was laughable. I didn't see much that targeted family friendly that hasn't been done elsewhere better.

Man could you imagine what type of Edutainment crap they would have pumped out? They can't even spell their company name correctly on their insert. 

If you have young kids you should try this board game.

Hey Tommy could we get a Dinosaur Escape game on Amico!?!

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well nice to see I wasn't alone in that then. The claim it wasn't a retro console but would have all these retro games was laughable. I didn't see much that targeted family friendly that hasn't been done elsewhere better.

But the marketing hasn't started yet!  (But we are on a retro forum telling everyone all the retro games that will be on it)

You can't judge it until you've played it! (But it's ok to judge opine that it will be good)

When reading the 3 threads in archive.org, it's obvious TT was just saying what folks wanted to hear, made ridiculous promises, and when caught in lies would either try to tell you black really is white, or just ignore and not respond.  With insults sprinkled in (Saying the :) tells you its just a joke)  Rinse and repeat, over and over again. 

Edited by rayik
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rayik said:

But the marketing hasn't started yet!  (But we are on a retro forum telling everyone all the retro games that will be on it)

You can't judge it until you've played it! (But it's ok to judge opine that it will be good)

When reading the 3 threads in archive.org, it's obvious TT was just saying what folks wanted to hear, made ridiculous promises, and when caught in lies would either try to tell you black really is white, or just ignore and not respond.  Rinse and repeat, over and over again.

Oh totally. The whole swearing on his sister's grave there was no lag when ylthe naked eye could see it was extra cringe too.

He wasn't above saying or doing anything if it would possibly get him another buck.

The long explanation from him about how FIG isn't crowdfunding was also laughable. What is sad is that there are literal idiots who believed him.

I mean Fig was about campaigns not crowdfunding!!!

Screenshot_20230308_212440_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b473473609ed00ac7ba18195a7c64f64.jpg

Don't you dare scroll down further and read! IT'S NOT CROWDFUNDING! MISINFORMATION!!!

Screenshot_20230308_212538_Chrome.thumb.jpg.78fb5ecbe4a977c3590f4563c8b0ca26.jpg

Now that you've read that you can either be an idiot for thinking it isn't a crowdfunding site, or a rational person who has some basic literacy, otherwise known as a gaming racist.

• Like 1