IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

50 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Yes, but at the beginning a guy talks about what he does for a living, and I'm very surprised Tommy didn't name drop people or mentioned his prowess his mother is very proud of.

It's entirely consistent with a man who has been told by his lawyers not to utter a word about the Amico in public, doubly so when being recorded.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

It's entirely consistent with a man who has been told by his lawyers not to utter a word about the Amico in public, doubly so when being recorded.

If you notice the video I posted has been unlisted. I obviously don't know for sure, but I'd almost bet someone asked for it to not be public.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, MrBeefy said:

If it was behind in firmware, that is just more evidence they had zero working backend. If their backend was working they could have pushed updates out to the consoles. From reports of how certain consoles were used on certain games at their get together, it is reasonable to assume that none of them were the same build.

In June/July 2021, youtuber Artofmana, had an Amico in his home for several hours.  He reported that on startup the system prompted that a firmware update is available, and that they proceeded to download and update the firmware over his home internet.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:00 AM, Creamhoven said:

Reading this thread I understand there is alot of negativity around the amico. What could be done to clean up the image of the amico and give the discourse around the amico more positivity?

People have mentioned deposit refund requests, the main thing would be to ship consoles, but that seems further away from happening than ever before.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

In June/July 2021, youtuber Artofmana, had an Amico in his home for several hours.  He reported that on startup the system prompted that a firmware update is available, and that they proceeded to download and update the firmware over his home internet.

People have mentioned deposit refund requests, the main thing would be to ship consoles, but that seems further away from happening than ever before.

for those in the back: THERE ARE NO CONSOLES TO SHIP.

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

for those in the back: THERE ARE NO CONSOLES TO SHIP.

Lose Willy Wonka GIF

There are no FCC certs either that are required to ship a console either. 

I would love to see it release and count how many of the games have stolen assets. I never understood why the defenders never woke up after them having promoted their games with stolen content in them for years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I never understood why the defenders never woke up after them having promoted their games with stolen content in them for years.

They were not stolen, they were borrowed™️. Tommy is a good friend of Shigeru Miyamoto and he personally authorized the legendary sound designer of Metroid Prime to use Star Fox's story for Moon Patrol.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

We are well past any possibility of a turn around for Amico.   

DON'T BE SO NEGATIVE! The great and powerful Tommy will rise from stardom as the next great backgammon player to reopen and office and hire another staff to finalize the product and use all of his backgammon winnings to pay off outstanding refunds AND pay for the first round of manufacturing for the 100,000 units sold because everyone will love his backgammon charisma and will convince all grandma backgammoners to purchase the additional 94,000 consoles they don't currently have sold and that money will bring in the 3.2 billion gamers because who doesn't love backgammoning grandma's and they will adopt all the lost children in the world just so they can continue to buy them Amicos and then the Nintendo will die off as Amico changes the world and solves world hunger as no one will want to play their simple games for long and will start gardening to pass the time which will them cause the great enlightening in which astrosmash will become the new nasa mascot because did you know they have someone who worked on the Mars rover and how cool is that which will propel the Amico into the stars because why underestimate them to 3.2 billion when there is other life out there and they totally want to asteosmash some meteors which will make this the first console to have an office on Mars and beat the all time console sales which will then save the Martian children from boredom and will then continue to spread the family fun to Uranus because that is the planet that all the success stories of Tommy originated from, so it will totally be great!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

That's all good and nice but will he learn to properly set up a backgammon board without assistance?

Don't be so negative he was doing as a joke so the other person could practice their ability in setting up the board so they could get one step closer to being as great as him.

The Amico exclusive version of backgammon will feature non regulation setups and multiplayer Co op will require all players to move the chips one at a time. 8 players vs one computer is revolutionary and going to disrupt the video boardgame market. Don't you hear the money rolling in now?

You should focus on being more positive and accepting that the correct way to set up the board is how he sets up the board.

• Haha 3

Tommy is a maverick, a rogue. He's using out-of-the-box thinking to set up the pieces out of the box. The other players are slaves to the rules but inside they are really thinking "wow, genius". 

Every backgammon player in the world is vicariously living through Tommy. And let's face it, whenever someone wins a tournament, the first prize should go to Tommy for being such an industry distruptor. 

• Haha 3

While it's hard to believe there are still people drinking Tommy's kool-aid and coming on here to try to right his wrongs, all I hear is...

It's also hard to believe there is still talk about this thing. I think it's dying a much longer death than the Cameleon...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

While it's hard to believe there are still people drinking Tommy's kool-aid and coming on here to try to right his wrongs, all I hear is...

It's also hard to believe there is still talk about this thing. I think it's dying a much longer death than the Cameleon...

The Amico is literally a Zombie at this point.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

DON'T BE SO NEGATIVE! The great and powerful Tommy will rise from stardom as the next great backgammon player to reopen and office and hire another staff to finalize the product and use all of his backgammon winnings to pay off outstanding refunds AND pay for the first round of manufacturing for the 100,000 units sold because everyone will love his backgammon charisma and will convince all grandma backgammoners to purchase the additional 94,000 consoles they don't currently have sold and that money will bring in the 3.2 billion gamers because who doesn't love backgammoning grandma's and they will adopt all the lost children in the world just so they can continue to buy them Amicos and then the Nintendo will die off as Amico changes the world and solves world hunger as no one will want to play their simple games for long and will start gardening to pass the time which will them cause the great enlightening in which astrosmash will become the new nasa mascot because did you know they have someone who worked on the Mars rover and how cool is that which will propel the Amico into the stars because why underestimate them to 3.2 billion when there is other life out there and they totally want to asteosmash some meteors which will make this the first console to have an office on Mars and beat the all time console sales which will then save the Martian children from boredom and will then continue to spread the family fun to Uranus because that is the planet that all the success stories of Tommy originated from, so it will totally be great!

Wouldn't that be something!

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:35 AM, Creamhoven said:

I dont know the details of the story.

Then educate yourself. Don’t come here and imply that it’s the consumers fault that a product fails. You’re doing the whole “sea lion” trick and honestly it’s super misguided here. TT and IE willfully stole money from mentally challenged people and did not return it after they promised they would. There is at least one lawsuit right now against IE and TT due to unpaid bills. These are not opinions these are facts. They encouraged threats of violence against people TT deemed “haters”. There were also many homophobic attacks and spurious legal threats against detractors  as well. 

The Dreamcast didn’t fail because we, as consumers, were short sighted. The Amico didn’t fail because we didn’t appreciate its beauty.  That’s a pretty weak argument, if you are being sincere and not actually TT in a wig.

• Like 6

@MrBeefy and others got so much grief from TT by simply repeating what he said.  Remember the promise was not additional levels, graphics or couch co-op added, but rather "all original content made by some of the top developers in the world."  No candy crush type rip offs.  Original stuff not clones.

amico - all original.png

Edited by rayik
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

The Amico is literally a Zombie at this point.  

It has to live before it can become undead.

8 hours ago, rayik said:

@MrBeefy and others got so much grief from TT by simply repeating what he said.  Remember the promise was not additional levels, graphics or couch co-op added, but rather "all original content made by some of the top developers in the world."  No candy crush type rip offs.  Original stuff not clones.

amico - all original.png

Because he wanted everyone to just accept what he fed them.

Tommy would say, "I can't say something because it would be used against me." No Tommy, some of us believe that words mean something. If you tell someone you are touched by their story and because of that you are officially announcing a game as a pack in...you better mean it. By saying you didn't, you remove all credibility you have and should look at everything you say with a critical eye.

He wanted to play the victim while attacking people and wanting to be excused for lying. He also thought he should get a pass on lying and many idiots just gave it to him.

8 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

In no universe were any of the people involved in making Amico games anywhere close to "the top developers in the world". Absolute clown.

Did anyone ask him for examples of these GOAT game developers?

Might be true if the only world you live in is the one that Tommy tells you your in. Many of the fans at this point seem to have given away their ability to think for themselves and critically think.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

In no universe were any of the people involved in making Amico games anywhere close to "the top developers in the world". Absolute clown.

Presumably it's the likes of Guido Henkel, Nick Bruty and maybe even John Alvarado himself.

Arguably they were top developers twenty years ago too. It's just that their more recent efforts barely rippled at the fringes of the industry.

Having spent a lost decade pushing a bunch of failed crowdfunding projects looks like a common theme across the Amicosphere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

Presumably it's the likes of Guido Henkel, Nick Bruty and maybe even John Alvarado himself.

Arguably they were top developers twenty years ago too. It's just that their more recent efforts barely rippled at the fringes of the industry.

Having spent a lost decade pushing a bunch of failed crowdfunding projects looks like a common theme across the Amicosphere.

Speaking of Guido... everyone see where a game he's been working on for 9 months released? Iirc that would mean he's been working on it around the time the SEC docs suggested they'd be out of money.

Shouldn't he be working on Amico?

:D

20 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Mike Mika made those interesting-looking remakes of Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain. We never saw them demonstrated live or even in clips beyond the small video glimpses in trailers. It seems possible they weren’t fully playable. If Intellivision ever gets its house together, maybe we’ll see them as multi platform releases someday. 

I enjoyed the intellivision originals but I’m also prepared to let go of things designed for children of the 1970s. 

Example: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/01/chuck-e-cheese-still-uses-floppy-disks-in-2023-but-not-for-long/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

Mike Mika made those interesting-looking remakes of Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain. We never saw them demonstrated live or even in clips beyond the small video glimpses in trailers. It seems possible they weren’t fully playable. If Intellivision ever gets its house together, maybe we’ll see them as multi platform releases someday. 

I enjoyed the intellivision originals but I’m also prepared to let go of things designed for children of the 1970s. 

Example: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2023/01/chuck-e-cheese-still-uses-floppy-disks-in-2023-but-not-for-long/

let it go GIF

• Like 1