IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

9 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Another thing a conman does is,  He will start with something true;  That way your brain begins to trust him,  even though he may follow with lies.  

Separately perhaps,  I remember Tommy would often act like his console was already out;  In his mind it was so close he could taste it,...Might as well will it into existence (all The Secret style),  You know,  Why not just pretend it's already out?...And the Amico Cultists would eat it up.  They'd be like "Take that,  Haters!  LMAO that you said it would never release!"  Oh man!   This is gonna be Great!

I noticed that too. “Atari VCS isn’t in retail. We are,” Tommy would say, even though neither company had anything in retail when he said it. Atari VCS would eventually be in stores for a brief period of time, Amico died without explanation.

This came up in the Theranos trials, where Elizabeth Holmes suggested it was commonplace in Silicon Valley to speak on such aspirational terms, using present tense when you hadn’t actually accomplished what you said you were doing. “Fake it til you make it” is the common term for this. Obviously Tallarico only finished the first part. 

https://www.deccanherald.com/business/theranos-verdict-sends-a-chill-through-startups-1068141.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I noticed that too. “Atari VCS isn’t in retail. We are,” Tommy would say, even though neither company had anything in retail when he said it. Atari VCS would eventually be in stores for a brief period of time, Amico died without explanation.

I'd think that all it showed is that the bar to getting retail pre-order listings is extraordinarily low.

Tommy must have been so disappointed when he found out that none of that would count towards getting manufacturing credit too. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Certain things have been lowering the bar for years...I like South Park's take (James Cameron will figure it out heh).  Unfortunately, the bar for what equals TRUTH has been lowered here in America, and I'd love to tell you 3 causes as I see it,  but most of them would get me in trouble (here on this site) so you'll just have to pretend  I said something witty, truthful, irreverent and thought provoking...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

This came up in the Theranos trials, where Elizabeth Holmes suggested it was commonplace in Silicon Valley to speak on such aspirational terms, using present tense when you hadn’t actually accomplished what you said you were doing. “Fake it til you make it” is the common term for this. Obviously Tallarico only finished the first part. 

https://www.deccanherald.com/business/theranos-verdict-sends-a-chill-through-startups-1068141.html

If they had an agreement with a retailer, like Gamestop for example, to be in stores they could refer to that.  They wouldn't know what agreements Atari SA had and we wouldn't know what agreements they had.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

If they had an agreement with a retailer, like Gamestop for example, to be in stores they could refer to that.  They wouldn't know what agreements Atari SA had and we wouldn't know what agreements they had.

They literally were never in retail though.  Words have specific meanings.  You seem to continually come here and post things that are factually incorrect by twisting the actual meaning of words.  If he had said "we have a deal with Gamestop to carry our product once it ships and they are taking preorders", assuming there was such a deal, that would be accurate.  That's very different than saying "Atari VCS isn't in retail, we are".  Serious question, is English a second language for you?  It seems like it might be given your inability to grasp the fundamentals of language use.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Ever worry about pulling a muscle when you put yourself through these contortions? You must be very flexible and diligent about stretching. 

On my planet, words like “exclusive,” “in production,” and “in retail stores” mean something. Not this “facts aren’t facts” stuff. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

Seriously, your shill for IE has gone overboard, let it go and drop it!! You are constantly wrong, misconstrue words and meanings as well as continue gatekeeping!!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

They literally were never in retail though.  Words have specific meanings.  You seem to continually come here and post things that are factually incorrect by twisting the actual meaning of words.  If he had said "we have a deal with Gamestop to carry our product once it ships and they are taking preorders", assuming there was such a deal, that would be accurate.  That's very different than saying "Atari VCS isn't in retail, we are".  Serious question, is English a second language for you?  It seems like it might be given your inability to grasp the fundamentals of language use.   

I basically said the same thing you said, that they could refer to an agreement with retailers.

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

On my planet, words like “exclusive,” “in production,” and “in retail stores” mean something. Not this “facts aren’t facts” stuff. 

In manufacturing, production and pre-production does have meaning and they did use the terms incorrectly; and I've said so in these forums.  If all exclusive was a policy at one time then they certainly have the right to change their policy, especially when the thing is in development.  If they didn't have an agreement with retailers then saying that would be problematic. If they did have an agreement and the audience knowing it wasn't released, then maybe it's just nitpicking. 

1 hour ago, lawdawg710 said:

Seriously, your shill for IE has gone overboard, let it go and drop it!! You are constantly wrong, misconstrue words and meanings as well as continue gatekeeping!!!  

That's not what I'm doing.

Edited by mr_me

Amico Home was demonstrated.

From what I remember TT saying:

• Couch coop play cannot be done with mobile gaming on cell phones
  • Amico controller is necessary to get the full Amico game experience
  • Amico console is simple to use - grandparents can set up
  • Amico console is not an Android box

So what is Amico Home:

• At least three smart android smart phones are needed for couch coop play.  One phone is the screen for all players.  Then each player uses their phone to load the Amico controller app.
  • Controllers and Phone with game screen  must be on same wifi network to connect
  • If you want to play on a big screen, you have to either cast or connect by HDMI the "screen" phone to a TV

So Amico Home is the exact opposite of what TT was promoting the Amico to be.

And in the demo video, they could not get a phone with a controller app to pair with the "screen" phone.  They gave up and never talked about it.

Edited by rayik
  • Haha 4

I would agree with mr_me if he had worded it differently...

Let's say for the sake of argument,  he'd said,  In Tommy's Mind,  he was referring to the GameStop deal (A place for them to take pre-orders,  a place for people to see the name in print (as it were)).

Of course,  nobody I know wants to go There,  where Reality is Different and The Rules just don't apply...

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

In manufacturing, production and pre-production does have meaning and they did use the terms incorrectly; and I've said so in these forums.

Yeah.  In your opinion, why do you think they did that? 

Ignorance?  They bragged about all those years of experience but they don't know the basics?

Mistaken?  It happens... surely they've fessed up and apologized, then... right?

Knowingly dishonest?  Makes sense when you're trying to scam a few more bucks and talk customers out of seeking a refund.

Some other reason, such as....?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

I basically said the same thing you said, that they could refer to an agreement with retailers.

But they didn't...which is the point.  You came in here and presented a hypothetical which didn't happen and acted like it somehow justified the lie they told.  You have been doing this the whole time which is why people are so tired of your ridiculous posts.  You literally contributed nothing to this discussion and yet felt the need to present some alternate reality of what could have happened.  It didn't, so why did you even bring it up?

• Like 2

So Amico is officially the most expensive gaming device costing you around $2500 to play two players. Add $1600 for two more players. That's over $4000 to play a four player game that only costs me a max of $370 to do on Switch.

Well done👏👏👏

I heard the showing was abysmal. Couldn't connect phones and it wouldn't connect to the TV properly. I think it was said to be because the TV was old. So add another $600. So that means it costs near $5000 to play Amico. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, rayik said:

Amico Home was demonstrated.

From what I remember TT saying:

• Couch coop play cannot be done with mobile gaming on cell phones
  • Amico controller is necessary to get the full Amico game experience
  • Amico console is simple to use - grandparents can set up
  • Amico console is not an Android box

So what is Amico Home:

• At least three smart android smart phones are needed for couch coop play.  One phone is the screen for all players.  Then each player uses their phone to load the Amico controller app.
  • Controllers and Phone with game screen  must be on same wifi network to connect
  • If you want to play on a big screen, you have to either cast or connect by HDMI the "screen" phone to a TV

So Amico Home is the exact opposite of what TT was promoting the Amico to be.

And in the demo video, they could not get a phone with a controller app to pair with the "screen" phone.  They gave up and never talked about it.

Amcio Home is not something which they can go to to their target market.  It seems more like a workaround so that people that have been following this thing can play the games.  Something like Fire TV or an Nvidea Shield could substitute for an Amico console; not the older Fire TV units as they might not be powerful enough.  However phones emulating game controllers is not a good replacement for an actual game controller when it comes to action games.  A game like Back Talk Party could play perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Yeah.  In your opinion, why do you think they did that? 

Ignorance?  They bragged about all those years of experience but they don't know the basics?

Mistaken?  It happens... surely they've fessed up and apologized, then... right?

Knowingly dishonest?  Makes sense when you're trying to scam a few more bucks and talk customers out of seeking a refund.

Some other reason, such as....?

I didn't think the top executives had much or any manufacturing experience.

44 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

But they didn't...which is the point.  You came in here and presented a hypothetical which didn't happen and acted like it somehow justified the lie they told.  You have been doing this the whole time which is why people are so tired of your ridiculous posts.  You literally contributed nothing to this discussion and yet felt the need to present some alternate reality of what could have happened.  It didn't, so why did you even bring it up?

Are your certain they didn't say it.  Regardless that's how I understood it.  The thing wasn't released at the time this was being talked about and obviously they would have to have an agreement with the stores before they can show up in those stores; that's not hypothetical.  And I did point out that we don't know if they actually had an agreement, which is the more relevant point.  As I said earlier this seems like nitpicking with what they meant versus taking what they said literally.  It definitely needed to be said, a must for the discussion, which is why I said it.

Edited by mr_me

It just hit me.  Amico Home requires two phones for someone to play a single player game. One phone for the screen and another for the controller. What a cobbled together mess!

Reddit folks have pointed out previously that the Amico Console OS was an APK loaded onto Android.  So Amico Home is most likely that same APK sideloaded onto an Android phone.   That's why you need a second phone with the controller app in order to play a game.  No work done at all on the APK.

So the Amico experience now is:

Android cell phone based

Amico console not needed for couch coop play

Amico controller not needed

Not simple to use 

Great job IE!!!

Edited by rayik
fix spelling error
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rayik said:

Android cell phone based

Not simple to use 

Great job IE!!!

Hopefully, they'll spin that as a positive.

"We listened to your feedback and made it even better!   No console needed!  Eleventy-Bazillion phone owners can now play with the equipment they already have!"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayik said:

It just hit me.  Amico Home requires two phones for someone to play a single player game. One phone for the screen and another for the controller. What a cobbled together mess!

Reddit folks have pointed out previously that the Amico Console OS was an APK loaded onto Android.  So Amico Home is most likely that same APK sideloaded onto an Android phone.   That's why you need a second phone with the controller app in order to play a game.  No work done at all on the APK.

Android cell phone based

Not simple to use 

Great job IE!!!

They are doing the least amount of work possible. Amico Home as an app was shown off (accidently I'm sure) as an app on the basic android device in the Amico shell. This was at Crayola. Amico Home will not be for iOS as that would require an overhaul.

The footbath has never been anything beyond a cheap android device. They are too lazy to add basic touch features to their app, which is why you can't play the games on the phone you download them on.

They are either complicit in helping with the charade or too dumb to recognize it. Glad to know that mine an other's predictions on Amico Home was spot on.

Next you will see them have a waiver for downloading the pack in games meaning no refund, and probably the same for the codes in boxes.

I wonder how Sudesh feels about them trying to circumvent giving him $100 for the first 6000 consoles with this dumb idea?

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

Are your certain they didn't say it.  Regardless that's how I understood it.  The thing wasn't released at the time this was being talked about and obviously they would have to have an agreement with the stores before they can show up in those stores; that's not hypothetical.  And I did point out that we don't know if they actually had an agreement, which is the more relevant point.  As I said earlier this seems like nitpicking with what they meant versus taking what they said literally.  It definitely needed to be said, a must for the discussion, which is why I said it.

Here's the thing, what you perceive as nitpicking is actually people pointing out just how deep and disturbing the fraud actually was.  This was intentional on Tommy's part and his words were chosen very specifically.  By continually arguing against the literal meaning of words and the factual statements about what was said, you are further perpetuating the fraud.  It's the same as when you were claiming that they could have passed FCC.  They didn't and other than some employee of the company making the claim, there is no evidence to support that fact.  Now that we know the company failed, we can discount the prior statements of employees who in retrospect had a significant financial incentive to lie and exaggerate.  Again, you are not engaging in good faith discussion.  You are attempting to misconstrue and misrepresent facts and the meaning of words to distract from your own role in giving a fraudulent product and company credibility by making it appear as though there were mountains of proof that they really had something ready to deliver.  You've done enough damage and hurt enough people.  It's time for you to move on.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1