IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

46 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

It makes sense when all he did was be a keyboard warrior for eight hours and then switch over to pron and scat.  And to the poor employees who used his keyboard...ick.  

I've never seen someone accomplish nothing working on a super sleeper schedule. Much of the marketing budget went towards 7000 AA posts, with nothing to show for it. And then how many hours of YT crap.

On 5/24/2024 at 3:57 AM, mr_me said:

There's also this quote.

“We look forward to our expanded collaboration and bringing a broad array of new Atari and Intellivision titles to the Amico and Amico Home family gaming platforms.”

Of the first twenty Amico games in their list, (aside from Shark Shark and Astrosmash), there are Biplanes, Tank Battle, and Skiing. Those three Intellivision games have generic titles and don't really need Intellivision licensing.

Amico Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain are in the next twenty, and could eventuality get published. Maybe they'll both publish on different platforms, but without this deal IE may not have had access to them.

edit:

And there's also the following from the press release.

"Atari will seek to expand digital and physical distribution of legacy Intellivision games, potentially create new games, and explore brand and licensing opportunities as part of a long-term plan to create value from the Intellivision properties."

So unlike BBG who published the Amico versions of Astromash and Shark Shark, rather than the Intellivision versions, Atari SA seems more interested in the classic Intellivision games or possibly creating their own versions rather than the Amico versions.

CFOZbA.gif

• Haha 2

On 5/24/2024 at 4:26 AM, mr_me said:

IE wouldn't own those games. The plugnplays were products of Technosource. Those NES ports have showed up in other collections without the Intellivision themes.

d2eae522-6265-480c-be6f-e5d0d86ab942_text.gif

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I've never seen someone accomplish nothing working on a super sleeper schedule. Much of the marketing budget went towards 7000 AA posts, with nothing to show for it. And then how many hours of YT crap.

I suppose he hired someone to press ENTER and SPACE and got someone else to do the yelling and screaming for him when someone disliked his YT videos.  And maybe someone else to feed him while he'd hunt and peck at the keyboard.

The Amico Fire Sale Continues...

Next item on the Chopping Block is Phil Adam's Custom Made Ralph Lauren Snake-Skin Pumps!

Up for Grabs to the Highest Bidder!

phil-adam-intellivision-amico-fire-sale-bankruptcy.gif.2ddd1ed3a9bbaf3e3e63970d7ceb60fd.gif

• Haha 2

I just find it fascinating they won't just call it quits with this project, especially now they can't even use Intellivision in the name, which if we are going to be honest is the only reason anyone was interested in it.  If that project started out in 2017/2018 without the Intellivision name attached nobody would have cared.  

I think that is the saddest part about it, that hardcore Intellivision fans were so desperate for anything new in regards to Intellivision hardware that they dropped their standards and supported the Amico.  

Now some will say they didn't drop their standards and were genuinely interested in the Amico and maybe a few of them were , but I think most just BS'd themselves into thinking it had great potential, especially when you see the low quality software that was being worked on for it.  Absolute low tier software that would get lost in the mix in any app store. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, CurlyQ said:

The Amico Fire Sale Continues...

Next item on the Chopping Block is Phil Adam's Custom Made Ralph Lauren Snake-Skin Pumps!

Up for Grabs to the Highest Bidder!

phil-adam-intellivision-amico-fire-sale-bankruptcy.gif.2ddd1ed3a9bbaf3e3e63970d7ceb60fd.gif

At least it's not for a used Lara Croft statue.

40 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I just find it fascinating they won't just call it quits with this project, especially now they can't even use Intellivision in the name, which if we are going to be honest is the only reason anyone was interested in it.  If that project started out in 2017/2018 without the Intellivision name attached nobody would have cared.  

I think that is the saddest part about it, that hardcore Intellivision fans were so desperate for anything new in regards to Intellivision hardware that they dropped their standards and supported the Amico.  

Now some will say they didn't drop their standards and were genuinely interested in the Amico and maybe a few of them were , but I think most just BS'd themselves into thinking it had great potential, especially when you see the low quality software that was being worked on for it.  Absolute low tier software that would get lost in the mix in any app store. 

I think you nailed it. I was actually interested more for a cheap family gaming device as I have no nostalgia for Intv. 

The crap they were showing had better existing alternatives on existing devices. To make it worse, they were also cheaper than what Amico was going to sell games for.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TjnwNxL_y1BH4TxPOKbpNSIjde8F363nXZWBmIMRoUQ/edit#gid=0

The interest wasn't from the games but the name. If it was about the games they would have called Tommy out on his BS talking points that made zero sense, and been playing those spiritual successors already.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

And it's here to stay. It will keep going!

Are you sure about that?  How sure?

Spoiler

There's only one question, do you feel lucky?  Well, do you punk?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, number6 said:

Too early to speculate on the required rebranding?

I'd say with the recent attempts to purchase the www.amicogames.com domain, they are going to rebrand as Amico Games. It's the only thing they have and renaming the company anything else would be just as pointless as they have no history.

Also since they acted like Amico was a living 'friend' it would also be very close to Amico's Games. 

However, I suspect I've put more thought into it than them. They seemed so desperate to unload that they haven't thought much of it.

56 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

So, who had to call a hotline, because the thread was gone?  

It's gone?

If anyone needs a crisis hotline dial 988.

Please note* This is not a crisis line for unbranded companies in crisis mode scrambling for more money.

10 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I maintain my position on tossing this thread into a cornhole, like some people do with money. 🤮

Only "some"?

A 2023 survey conducted by Payroll.org highlighted that 78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, a 6% increase from the previous year. In other words, more than three-quarters of Americans struggle to save or invest after paying for their monthly expenses.

But to topic:

The company has produced games, distributed them, and they are arguably "modern" at least by virtue of dates of creation. Therefore the "Modern Gaming" forum is likely appropriate for the topic.

So, I gather the concern is more about the tone of the thread. Given time that may change, but that depends solely on how the former Intellivision Amico follows up with their changes. Once they added Amico Home and Amico Club it became apparent that those who remain are, if nothing else, determined to preserve "the dream". Keeping that word "Amico", and using it even more through those new additions and given it's current negative connotations speaks to that determination.

The unfortunate aspect for fans is that they are now relegated to somewhat hidden and protected areas to discuss what they enjoy. In essence they do not have much of a place "here".

I don't say any of this in support or rejection of what has transpired. It's just my opinion of the issue the staff faces. It is obviously solely the right of the staff to determine any changes.

I'm not suggesting this as a solution, but merely offering the facts on how AW handled this, when confronted with multiple similar situations. In those cases it was "they're not the real Amiga". In the end, although no parties were pleased with the "solution" all such discussion was allowed to continue, but placed in a forum -not- viewable from their front page. Again, I'm not suggesting this. I just wish you to know people do consider the feelings of yourself and the staff, even if this is not evident from the postings.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I'd say with the recent attempts to purchase the www.amicogames.com domain, they are going to rebrand as Amico Games. It's the only thing they have and renaming the company anything else would be just as pointless as they have no history.

Also since they acted like Amico was a living 'friend' it would also be very close to Amico's Games. 

That sounds quite logical to me. And using RetroGames Ltd. as example once again, having only "games" in a name does not exclude one from becoming associated with hardware as well.

• Like 1