IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

3 minutes ago, kevtris said:

I wonder if they are counting the 30 or so NES ports of intellivision games, as seen on those TV game plug and play doodads from the early-mid 2000's in the 200 total.

IE wouldn't own those games. The plugnplays were products of Technosource. Those NES ports have showed up in other collections without the Intellivision themes.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mr_me said:

There's also this quote.

“We look forward to our expanded collaboration and bringing a broad array of new Atari and Intellivision titles to the Amico and Amico Home family gaming platforms.”.

Which is CEO speech for: “there’s nothing written past our sale of brand, TM and IP.”

Theres no “collaboration” per se, Atari owns Intellivision brand outright, they didn’t buy the IE inc. company or merged it in, they just purchased out of it name, TM, symbols and 200 games with minor concession to let the Amico gang of desperates keep whatever modern Intellivision games they got built somehow onto Amico … Atari itself doesn’t have to do anything at all and I don’t expect any Atari games to show up on that wretched platform, Home included.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

Alvarado: We retain the Amico name for the console and Amico Home.

Discord User: Will Astrosmash, Shark! Shark! or other game like Night Stalker or Cloudy Mountain change their names?

Alvarado: No

Discord User: Will Amico Home get the new games now that are due this month? Will they be out with a rebrand to show players that things are still happening? Or will this cause further delays?

Alvarado: The recent delays were not caused by the deal, and the deal has no direct bearing on the games queued up for release.  We are still working on getting the current list of games on the Road Map published for Amico Home.

7 hours ago, kevtris said:

I wonder if they are counting the 30 or so NES ports of intellivision games, as seen on those TV game plug and play doodads from the early-mid 2000's in the 200 total.

Maybe they now have the rights to Intellivision Cornhole! Add those to the list. 🤣

1 hour ago, livingonwheels said:

Alvarado: We retain the Amico name for the console and Amico Home.

Discord User: Will Astrosmash, Shark! Shark! or other game like Night Stalker or Cloudy Mountain change their names?

Alvarado: No

Discord User: Will Amico Home get the new games now that are due this month? Will they be out with a rebrand to show players that things are still happening? Or will this cause further delays?

Alvarado: The recent delays were not caused by the deal, and the deal has no direct bearing on the games queued up for release.  We are still working on getting the current list of games on the Road Map published for Amico Home.

Well they now should have the money to pay the devs what they owe them for a finished game now.

I just love how all this makes it even less likely the console comes out. Not only do their physical products bear Intellivision, BUT don't forget about the box, insert, box sleeve, inside box, wall wart, boot up screen, waiting for Amico controller boot up screen, and parts of the UI all need redone.

Oh amd don't forget their awesome board that they just had to have the running man on! They don't own that anymore! Poor Founder's won't get their patch or posters either. Running Man isn't theirs anymore and Atari has sued for less. 🤣

Screenshot_20240524_134831_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fee3ea33177214da17809f5ad1f2a0e4.jpgScreenshot_20240524_134935_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a21e8c0a054d3246811f7acb698a52cf.jpgScreenshot_20240524_134951_YouTube.thumb.jpg.18fb52cb904cbb1fac66aa85f2613dc3.jpgScreenshot_20240524_135029_YouTube.jpg.1493a8cd4200fac27f0a0db5d49602cf.jpgScreenshot_20240524_135100_YouTube.thumb.jpg.87c791194a68c5ce465e262386fe9d81.jpgScreenshot_20240524_135120_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fac5c19382e247b059cf8b58832f0945.jpg

Some of the people in the FB hugbox are finally waking up. Now is their time to walk away with what little dignity they have left.

There's also a potential investor in there who is saying it was obvious the IE team didn't want to make it after being on a call with him. So now I guess our resident AI and his friends got a mew person to accuse me of being since I've been saying that for awhile now. 😏

A rebrand is the worst thing for this project as they now have more hurdles to overcome. Anyone thinking it's a good thing is showing they lack grey matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Tommy's likely in his one bedroom apartment after moving out of his mansion sitting in a chair still thinking he's still going to kick Atari's asses.

tommy_atarisasses.jpg.a789da692b7d6474e1f2783a1516a69c.jpg

Maybe he can challenge Atari to a backgammon match. That would be fun.

Also here is a fun write up from GaintBomb https://www.giantbomb.com/intellivision-amico/3045-181/forums/freed-from-intellivision-amico-is-set-to-soar-to-n-1920479/

And a Amico's favorite podcasters' have their latest episode out. They discuss the sale some.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Which is CEO speech for: “there’s nothing written past our sale of brand, TM and IP.”

Theres no “collaboration” per se, Atari owns Intellivision brand outright, they didn’t buy the IE inc. company or merged it in, they just purchased out of it name, TM, symbols and 200 games with minor concession to let the Amico gang of desperates keep whatever modern Intellivision games they got built somehow onto Amico … Atari itself doesn’t have to do anything at all and I don’t expect any Atari games to show up on that wretched platform, Home included.

That quote was just to show that whatever IE has access to applies to the Amico Home platform and not just the unreleased console.

IE has already published Amico Missile Command. One of twelve licensed titles from Atari SA and it might be the only one. Sometimes the licensor will exert some level of quality control over their licenses but that would have been up to Atari SA in this case.

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

There's also a potential investor in there who is saying it was obvious the IE team didn't want to make it after being on a call with him.

When did that investor speak with them? IE did enter in to a manufacturing agreement with a contract manufacturer to manufacture consoles. They didn’t have a preproduction prototype ready in time and lost over a million dollars in that deal. But they might have wanted to make them at one time.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I'll guess Tuesday, at 11:14am, in the basement.

All other guesses welcome.

It was 4 years ago. You know around the time they asked for more crowdfunding.

Tommy tried to Secret his way into an investor. This would match up with the timeframe when Atari Creep said Tommy said the investor pulled out "due to covid". The guy said they were emotional and didn't seem serious.

But it wasn't said by an engineer, or Daddy Tommy. So take the information with a grain of salt. 🤡🤡

I posted a fun GiantBomb writing earlier. This one is more serious amd relevant to the conversation.

https://www.giantbomb.com/intellivision-amico/3045-181/forums/its-fun-to-dunk-on-the-amico-but-the-projects-true-1920504/

Edited by MrBeefy

22 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Alvarado could in fact rebrand and rebuild the unit as a moustache trimmer with built-in games for precise moustache contouring.

image.thumb.jpeg.85fd618d03fa6a1cf88da6ac5d97ad00.jpeg

You know they are too incompetent to do that. It would probably rip your whole face off. We know they would be able to pass a safety test. 🤭

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

You know they are too incompetent to do that. It would probably rip your whole face off. We know they would be able to pass a safety test. 🤭

Could you imagine attempting “manscaping” with it !?!

Bludgeoning to a pulp the sacred nutsack, chipping the family jewels, literally nutcracking your manhood … because mustache man (aka Senior Mustacchio for the Spanish speaking crowd) has not finished tweaking the “trimming algorithm”.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Maybe he can challenge Atari to a backgammon match. That would be fun.

Also here is a fun write up from GaintBomb https://www.giantbomb.com/intellivision-amico/3045-181/forums/freed-from-intellivision-amico-is-set-to-soar-to-n-1920479/

And a Amico's favorite podcasters' have their latest episode out. They discuss the sale some.

his mother is very proud

2 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

On Gen X Gamers latest video he mentions that Phil Adams implied that Intellivision was sold to Atari for "10s of Millions of Dollars". 

Is there any proof of this? Is he just misinformed? What article is he referring to where Phil implied this?

There's just no way. Intellivision is not worth nearly that. Are you sure he didn't say 10s of dollars?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

On Gen X Gamers latest video he mentions that Phil Adams implied that Intellivision was sold to Atari for "10s of Millions of Dollars". 

Is there any proof of this? Is he just misinformed? What article is he referring to where Phil implied this?

They may have implied that - didn't see it - but there's no way this deal was even a fraction of that. You simply can't make enough profit off of that IP in a short enough time to justify anywhere close to that number, especially from an Atari that still has losses. I'd be surprised if it even passed 6 figures, let alone 7. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

Phil Adams implied that Intellivision was sold to Atari for "10s of Millions of Dollars". 

Did Phil specify the currency? And if he said dollars, did he say what country? Knowing their unparalled global success, I'd check if he has booked a flight to Africa recently. 

image.thumb.png.3bf6a612c56a2e8e4d90745f7fd519fe.png

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Wayler said:

Did Phil specify the currency? And if he said dollars, did he say what country? Knowing their unparalled global success, I'd check if he has booked a flight to Africa recently. 

image.thumb.png.3bf6a612c56a2e8e4d90745f7fd519fe.png

What’s that brown gizmo on the bottom right?

At first I thought it was a poop emoji

Edited by phoenixdownita

13 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Could you imagine attempting “manscaping” with it !?!

Bludgeoning to a pulp the sacred nutsack, chipping the family jewels, literally nutcracking your manhood … because mustache man (aka Senior Mustacchio for the Spanish speaking crowd) has not finished tweaking the “trimming algorithm”.

Well there goes having a family to play Amico with.

6 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

I've not seen nor heard about that amount. Gen X in the past has made dumb speculations on collectibility. So unless he showed where Phil implied that, I'd take it with a grain of salt. If Atari paid that much, they made a mistake.

But IF it is true, there isn't a reason for them not to manufacture now. 😁