IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

10 minutes ago, Biff Burgertime said:

Coleco Amico?

Although a long shot, Atari may as well go after Coleco as well. I'd rather see this stuff consolidated under an active company with at least some resources than linger with holders that aren't particularly careful with what they do (not that Atari hasn't had plenty of missteps, even under the new regime, but it's still better than how both the Intellivision and Coleco stuff have been handled in recent years).

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Ninjabba said:

English isn't my first language, but doesn't this imply that they were distributing it before?

That probably just means the platform, which includes the mobile apps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

This is of course good news for classic gaming fans as I believe the current Atari regime, post-VCS, are excellent stewards, but what I REALLY can't wait for is how the Amico superfans spin this. 

Will they also try to reinstate TT at the helm or treat him like the piece of shgarbage he deserved to be treated as?

I wonder who will they keep of the current staff? (Maybe mustache man?)

16 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Will they also try to reinstate TT at the helm or treat him like the piece of shgarbage he deserved to be treated as?

I wonder who will they keep of the current staff? (Maybe mustache man?)

My assumption is the current Amico team structure, such as it is, will remain unchanged. I think this is just a last gasp influx of cash to try and push out more things on their release calendar. This certainly means a few more games that were ostensibly "finished: many years ago will actually be finished now and ported to mobile, and possibly also allow them to get some mobile controllers out. I really doubt whatever the buy-out amount was would be enough to do anything else. I can only see the next step as dissolution of the company once those additional things fail to gain traction. It's literally gutted of IP at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livingonwheels said:

John Alvarado via Discord:

Yes. This is good for Amico.  No change in our plans.  Now we have some money to fuel our plans. We will change our company name and remove "Intellivision" from our branding, but otherwise carry on as before.

Absolutely. It's always a good day when you get rid of your remaining IP and any branding with a somewhat positive connotation. Amico Forever!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

LMAO OMG. You literally killed Intellivision @Tommy Tallarico!

Also, for quite a while now, I would like to point out that I've been saying their goal is to sell. 

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

I think it’s hilarious that Atari went out of their way to publicly wash their hands of Amico.

Of course they would want to do that. Amico is 100% a liability. This was an issue in one of their earlier potential sales I heard about. The company didn't care about the hardware. Just wanted the IPs/name. Their idea was bad and even worse in execution. It why that investor that Tommy thought he could Secret into existence said screw this in 2019-early 2020.

18 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

Yes. This is good for Amico.  No change in our plans.  Now we have some money to fuel our plans. We will change our company name and remove "Intellivision" from our branding, but otherwise carry on as before.

Carry on as before is do nothing, make nothing, drain the coffers. Those pigeons should be be demanding to know a manufacture date now that they have more money than they are going to ever have to do it.

If John doesn't update that bit of information, it isn't happening.

LMAO this is such funny and great news.

• Like 4

Since their endgame was to find a bigger sucker company to buy them out, that means Tommy Wins Again!

Should be able to take care of that refund queue now. 🤣

But more realistically, keep an eye on their socials to see what nifty vacations they can now take this summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bill Loguidice said:

My assumption is the current Amico team structure, such as it is, will remain unchanged. I think this is just a last gasp influx of cash to try and push out more things on their release calendar. This certainly means a few more games that were ostensibly "finished: many years ago will actually be finished now and ported to mobile, and possibly also allow them to get some mobile controllers out. I really doubt whatever the buy-out amount was would be enough to do anything else. I can only see the next step as dissolution of the company once those additional things fail to gain traction. It's literally gutted of IP at this point.

Oh, so the Intellivision brand and some games have been bought but the old team stripped of the name AND completely independent from Atari will continue to fuck around?

What brand would they use? “The brand formerly know as Intellivision” or a monogram of an impaled not so running man?

The fans of the Intellivision brand for sure wouldn’t care now about the Amico itself given it will NOT be an Intellivision product … Amico home also has to strip any and all Intellivision branding … amazing.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1

I've been calling it an asset stripping operation for some time and this is the final proof of that. Aside from the worthless Amico itself, there's nothing left now.

Ah well, I suppose that they've now got the money to actually make those controllers. I doubt that they will, though.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Oh, so the Intellivision brand and some games have been bought but the old team stripped of the name AND completely independent from Atari will continue to fuck around?

What brand would they use? “The brand formerly know as Intellivision” or a monogram of an impaled not so running man?

The fans of the Intellivision brand for sure wouldn’t care now about the Amico itself given it will NOT be an Intellivision product … Amico home also has to strip any and all Intellivision branding … amazing.

My guess is IE was behind trying to buy the www.AmicoGames.com They need a new website.

What no one has mentioned yet, is how now those "Physical Products/Games" will no longer be able to work (assuming they did manage to make a console). Part of the code redirects to Intellivision's website. Which now they will need to strip.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4

3 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

But I thought they were already on the launch pad?   😆   

• Haha 3