IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

There is no Amico and Tommy doesn't deserve the attention, even bad press tickles him and I am sure he is enjoying all those pictures of himself.

You are not wrong…. a new one could be created by whoever cares (not me) about the non-Intellivision non-running-man non-TT Amico and the band of desperates still peddling that up.

Edited by phoenixdownita

6 hours ago, Bill Loguidice said:

Although a long shot, Atari may as well go after Coleco as well. I'd rather see this stuff consolidated under an active company with at least some resources than linger with holders that aren't particularly careful with what they do (not that Atari hasn't had plenty of missteps, even under the new regime, but it's still better than how both the Intellivision and Coleco stuff have been handled in recent years).

Aside from the trademark,

Atari SA may already own Colecovision IP. Hasbro aquired Coleco properties in the 1980s and later Infogrames aquired Hasbro Interactive.

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

My guess is IE was behind trying to buy the www.AmicoGames.com They need a new website.

What no one has mentioned yet, is how now those "Physical Products/Games" will no longer be able to work (assuming they did manage to make a console). Part of the code redirects to Intellivision's website. Which now they will need to strip.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

They might as well just rebrand the whole thing if they were to go forward. They don't need the Amico name either.

It's the console firmware that would communicate with the server and would need updating. The address on the Rfid wouldn't be used.

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I've been calling it an asset stripping operation for some time and this is the final proof of that. Aside from the worthless Amico itself, there's nothing left now.

Ah well, I suppose that they've now got the money to actually make those controllers. I doubt that they will, though.

Did Atari SA aquire Amico games or just their classic Intellivision catalog, licensing back IP as required. Don't see why Atari SA would be interested in Amico games other than perhaps the retro remakes like Amico Moon Patrol. The press release mentions "certain games" purchased.

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

Can we close this thread now, since Atari bought Intellivision?  We really don't like this thread at all, it has run its course.

Nah, Just get rid of that mr_me troll.

• Haha 8

On 5/23/2024 at 11:33 AM, MrBeefy said:

LMAO OMG. You literally killed Intellivision @Tommy Tallarico!

Tommy killed the Amico incarnation of Intellivision.

Now that Atari has the rights, I see this as a positive step moving forward. Perhaps now, we will see Digital Eclipse (Mike Mika) reimagined versions of Nightstalker and Cloudy Mountain.

Maybe some kind of Intellivision 50 Compilation? I sincerely hope Atari makes things interesting.

Also, I wonder how this will affect the thriving Intellivision homebrew scene?

Just keep that ignominious goofball Tommy far far away from this new endeavor. Leave him to his Backgammon, air guitar and whatever else he does to fill his time these days.

tommy-tallarico-backgammon-intellivision-amico.thumb.jpg.16a513647f0694491a9f0e14ff682f74.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, CurlyQ said:

Tommy killed the Amico incarnation of Intellivision.

Time for a new profile photo with Atari owning Intellivision less the Amico nonsense? Or maybe not.... LOL 

2 hours ago, Zeptari said:

Time for a new profile photo with Atari owning Intellivision less the Amico nonsense? Or maybe not.... LOL 

Hot off the press! :lol:

atari-logo-intellivision-running-man.gif.5307f350d24f5b6e070e140730cdd32e.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Aside from the trademark,

Atari SA may already own Colecovision IP. Hasbro aquired Coleco properties in the 1980s and later Infogrames aquired Hasbro Interactive.

They might as well just rebrand the whole thing if they were to go forward. They don't need the Amico name either.

It's the console firmware that would communicate with the server and would need updating. The address on the Rfid wouldn't be used.

Did Atari SA aquire Amico games or just their classic Intellivision catalog, licensing back IP as required. Don't see why Atari SA would be interested in Amico games other than perhaps the retro remakes like Amico Moon Patrol. The press release mentions "certain games" purchased.

Oh dear god........

9HZ5YuW-1549061742.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

But I thought they were already on the launch pad?   😆   

Tommy I think struggles with words. He meant lunch pad. Which is why they had those beer work biggest instead of producing a console.

Speaking of in honor of Atari's great purchase, I fried up 2 lbs of bacon for BLTs. Topped with a ghost pepper ketchup for that extra kick!

20240523_171040.thumb.jpg.f198c0efc373188b16d85d6ec3be8fa2.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Don't they already own Amico.com?

Not unless part of the rebrand is starting in healthcare products. I mean I know a footbath would fall under that category.

Screenshot_20240523_172941_Chrome.thumb.jpg.af0ac537e84af8158a4fa3716228e243.jpg

They literally have nothing but a homercar of a console design.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Regarding the necessity of this thread.  I feel we need to keep holding the people behind the Amico project accountable as they are still promising this console will come to fruition and especially when they haven't answered every refund request.   

Yeah, its mostly memes now, but how long was Tommy allowed to push his lies in this very forum?  So, I don't believe a thread keeping track of the Amico project and what the people behind the project are feeding to the community is really bad for the forum.  Until they straight up say the Amico project is cancelled I feel we should be allowed to keep referencing that project, especially when any news comes out. 

Locking this thread will not change what happened and what is happening with the project and the people involved. 

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Regarding the necessity of this thread.  I feel we need to keep holding the people behind the Amico project accountable as they are still promising this console will come to fruition and especially when they haven't answered every refund request.   

Yeah, its mostly memes now, but how long was Tommy allowed to push his lies in this very forum?  So, I don't believe a thread keeping track of the Amico project and what the people behind the project are feeding to the community is really bad for the forum.  Until they straight up say the Amico project is cancelled I feel we should be allowed to keep referencing that project, especially when any news comes out. 

Locking this thread will not change what happened and what is happening with the project and the people involved. 

Maybe the thread should be retitled too:

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’ by Atari

How do you think they are going to spin this in their next roadmap update? It looks like the FB hugbox group might slowly be waking up to reality with this news.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

So does anyone else think Atari will port Amico Missile Command to other platforms now that they own that?

I think Recharged looks way better, but if it's an easy thing to do at least throw it on the VCS.

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

He won't hear you. ;) 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Maybe the thread should be retitled too:

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’ by Atari

How do you think they are going to spin this in their next roadmap update? It looks like the FB hugbox group might slowly be waking up to reality with this news.

Under this deal they have rights to Intellivision titles transferred for modern remakes. So what changes? 

Edited by mr_me
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Under this deal they have rights to Intellivision titles transferred for modern remakes. So what changes? 

The wording was:

”Intellivision Entertainment LLC will rebrand and continue its business of developing and distributing the Amico brand game console with a license from Atari to continue to distribute new versions of the Intellivision games on the Amico console”

no console -> no games … I think.

1 minute ago, phoenixdownita said:

The wording was:

”Intellivision Entertainment LLC will rebrand and continue its business of developing and distributing the Amico brand game console with a license from Atari to continue to distribute new versions of the Intellivision games on the Amico console”

Basically the same thing they did with BBG. They don't own the names or IPs anymore. The only thing the company formerly known as Intellivision owns is Amico.

This probably means if they finish and release Bi-Planes on Amico they will be paying Atari for the license to do so. Just like if they wanted an Amico Astrosmash 2 they would have to pay BBG to license it to them.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

The wording was:

There's also this quote.

“We look forward to our expanded collaboration and bringing a broad array of new Atari and Intellivision titles to the Amico and Amico Home family gaming platforms.”

Of the first twenty Amico games in their list, (aside from Shark Shark and Astrosmash), there are Biplanes, Tank Battle, and Skiing. Those three Intellivision games have generic titles and don't really need Intellivision licensing.

Amico Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain are in the next twenty, and could eventuality get published. Maybe they'll both publish on different platforms, but without this deal IE may not have had access to them.

edit:

And there's also the following from the press release.

"Atari will seek to expand digital and physical distribution of legacy Intellivision games, potentially create new games, and explore brand and licensing opportunities as part of a long-term plan to create value from the Intellivision properties."

So unlike BBG who published the Amico versions of Astromash and Shark Shark, rather than the Intellivision versions, Atari SA seems more interested in the classic Intellivision games or possibly creating their own versions rather than the Amico versions.

Edited by mr_me

14 minutes ago, mr_me said:

There's also this quote.

“We look forward to our expanded collaboration and bringing a broad array of new Atari and Intellivision titles to the Amico and Amico Home family gaming platforms.”

Of the first twenty Amico games in their list, (aside from Shark Shark and Astrosmash), there are Biplanes, Tank Battle, and Skiing. Those three Intellivision games have generic titles and don't really need Intellivision licensing.

Amico Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain are in the next twenty, and could eventuality get published. Maybe they'll both publish on different platforms, but without this deal IE may not have had access to them.

lol. which of the 200 is that?  

• Like 1