IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

51 minutes ago, number6 said:

@thread

Even these guys got it wrong

I'm tired of explaining what happened to the Intellivision Amico trademark and all the "journalists" just keep copying incorrect info from another source to perpetuate the falsehood as opposed to actually doing research. [end rant]

A surprisingly superficial and poorly written article. The "three points" bulletpoints at top are also an AI summary, and they didn't even bother to proofread the output. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

If they want Switch's success to rub off on them, and a name that is often trending online, I think they should rename the system to:

Hide contents

Amico Swift™️

I'm a fan of the He-Man naming. They should rebrand the companh as Tay-Lor, and give the console the name you suggest.

I'm glad the thread's not gone!

I like examining the topic;  The players, the situation, and how it played out...

IDK,  maybe it's a certain type of weird therapy for me or something...Aside from (possibly?) getting a canned answer, like "Market Research" in an Amico thread from him once I want to say...I've never met TT nor had any interaction with him in real life,....But I know the type.  (I've known a few)...And I've generally made it a point to put distance between me and that type of person in real life.   Life's too short.

Posted (edited)

Why this charade keeps going has to rank up there with how the pyramids were built!

I thought INTV latest loss in the “console” wars would be  it…yet it keeps going and going.

Edited by MarioMan88
Spelling
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Why this charade keeps going has to rank up there with how the pyramids were built!

I thought INTV latest loss in the “console” wars would be  it…yet it keeps going and going.

I think the legal ramifications speculation is the safest bet of why they keep on bothering with their low-effort releases. It's probably use the remaining money until there's no more - and no more personal benefit - then declare bankruptcy and have the necessary legal protections in place. They sold the last significant assets, so it's truly just a matter of time at this point.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I think the legal ramifications speculation is the safest bet of why they keep on bothering with their low-effort releases. It's probably use the remaining money until there's no more - and no more personal benefit - then declare bankruptcy and have the necessary legal protections in place. They sold the last significant assets, so it's truly just a matter of time at this point.

Nah, it'll be out this Christmas, I hear.   Consoles, controllers, every game ever released as a launch library.  You're just being a hater.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Since they couldn't secure the AmicoGames website, it looks like they will rebrand as Amico Entertainment.

RDT_20240531_0923582319458535449323065.thumb.jpg.36a61ada29b1cee5faa894d36e069093.jpg

imo they were waiting to secure "a" website until they proceeded with the required rebranding, since they would likely want to tie this new website naming  to company/corporate renaming. This requires some paperwork and therefore more time. Similarly for changes to trademark registrations, there are numerous ways to eliminate/change ownership. When I see actual documents on either, I'll let you know.

Edited by number6
bah. typo
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Bill Loguidice said:

I think this is it. Once they pay themselves back on those loans I would fully expect them to close shop. Paying off Sudesh is a big step as I heard he was the reason they hadn't filed for bankruptcy a while back.

22 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Nah, it'll be out this Christmas, I hear.   Consoles, controllers, every game ever released as a launch library.  You're just being a hater.

Hey I caught some people like you yesterday!

20240530_082837.thumb.jpg.feac212437f95588a231e9eda69e9132.jpg20240530_101555.thumb.jpg.f1d8fed2456efa5ffa0e8bb56368383f.jpg20240530_103813.thumb.jpg.016b1e11f57460a4c0d4cfa9d5f9ad41.jpg

All caught with a fake worm. Just like fake promises and talking points!

Edited by MrBeefy
Peak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, number6 said:

It's just possible that your chances of being hired to do PR for the new company have dropped ever so slightly (evil grin)

haha.gif.4c661facf01c648a6e1bcd57d643c416.gif

I have morals that would preclude me from engaging in any further Amico employment.

• Like 1