IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

17 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Fraud, encryption, backend, OS, storage, chipsets, firmware, Intellivision patents…Mr Me has us alllllll covered.

Fantasy baseball hall of fame….he can’t help us there 😉

I know! The second I saw it I was like- Mr_Me is gonna nope out. And that shows how STUPID this assertion was. I love it. I plan on using this example in future staff trainings.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Fraud, encryption, backend, OS, storage, chipsets, firmware, Intellivision patents…Mr Me has us alllllll covered.

Fantasy baseball hall of fame….he can’t help us there 😉

I feel like we're finally on a roll here.

How about that Emmy award and the Guinness World Records that Tommy claimed in the pitch deck? Can we also get a walkover on those?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

I'm not here to defend anything.  I'm not much familiar with fantasy camp hall of fames anyway.

You misrepresented this in two sentences. His website says nothing about fantasy camp. His own website, right now, says:

"2007 New York Yankees "Hall of Fame" Inductee"

mr_me do you agree with the following statement?: "Evidence seems to show Tommy Tallarico regularly lies or deceives about past accomplishments."

do you agree with the statement: "Evidence seems to show Intellivision, including Tommy Tallarico, regularly deceived, misinformed, or mislead potential investors and customers."

Would love to hear your OPINION. Not something from a fact sheet that was never factual to begin with.

• Thanks 4

This thread is now the 5th* longest thread in the Intellivision forum!  🥳🎊🎉

The long threads are:

1. Intellivision Ebay Roundup (14.8k replies)
  2. Song Game (7.1k replies)
  3. Intellivision Purchases and Deals (3.8k replies)
  4. LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information (2.5k replies)
  5. Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’ (2.3k replies)

* Not sure whether to count the "Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A" thread (>35.5k replies) so it was omitted from the list.  That thread started in the Intellivision forum but was moved to a separate forum, though I think that was after it had surpassed the "Intellivision Ebay Roundup" thread.

Caveat: if I missed a longer thread, feel free to call it out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

This thread is now the 5th* longest thread in the Intellivision forum!  🥳🎊🎉

The long threads are:

1. Intellivision Ebay Roundup (14.8k replies)
  2. Song Game (7.1k replies)
  3. Intellivision Purchases and Deals (3.8k replies)
  4. LTO Flash! - Intellivision Flash Cartridge Information (2.5k replies)
  5. Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’ (2.3k replies)

* Not sure whether to count the "Intellivision Amico - Tommy Tallarico introduction + Q&A" thread (>35.5k replies) so it was omitted from the list.  That thread started in the Intellivision forum but was moved to a separate forum, though I think that was after it had surpassed the "Intellivision Ebay Roundup" thread.

Caveat: if I missed a longer thread, feel free to call it out.

I think there's a couple that were longer that got deleted to hide AtariAge mod bad behavior that are all delightfully archived over at AmicoAge.   TT isn't the only one who wished this all would go away. 

On 8/8/2022 at 8:29 AM, Matt_B said:

Just imagine how well something from Atari, Coleco or Intellivision could sell if it was actually good. ?

Numeric keypad collection. Curated with the best from each console . That would be something special.

6 hours ago, Rev said:

I would love to hear what Mr.Me’s definition of a scam is, not from the dictionary, but his own words.

Do you think the Amico is a scam?  The millions they got from Republic investors went mostly into software development.  By their account they have 40+ games in various stages of development about half ready to go, the supporting systems may or may not be ready but are functional, and some went to market research and creating promotional material.  A few million from other investors went mostly to hardware development and some market research/consulting.  There's $1.35M that's tied up in a manufacturing deal that went wrong, and you might say the company grew too fast, so perhaps some mistakes were made costing money, made worse by delays.  You might not like the product but that doesn't mean it's a scam either.

6 hours ago, zapzapzac said:

You misrepresented this in two sentences. His website says nothing about fantasy camp. His own website, right now, says:

"2007 New York Yankees "Hall of Fame" Inductee"

mr_me do you agree with the following statement?: "Evidence seems to show Tommy Tallarico regularly lies or deceives about past accomplishments."

do you agree with the statement: "Evidence seems to show Intellivision, including Tommy Tallarico, regularly deceived, misinformed, or mislead potential investors and customers."

Would love to hear your OPINION. Not something from a fact sheet that was never factual to begin with.

So you think the baseball accomplishment is misleading investors?  If investors feel there's some wrong doing they can take it up with appropriate authorities. Investors know that startups frequently fail, things like overly optimistic sales projections are expected.  The founding partners and board members are investors too.  I'd say that towards the end of 2021, there were some misleading things said about production, clarified somewhat in 2022.  They do owe any outstanding preorder refund requests.  As long as they're still in business, they need to fix that as soon as possible.

20 minutes ago, mr_me said:

So you think the baseball accomplishment is misleading investors? 

Yes. Every reasonable person considers lying about past accomplishments to be misleading investors. This is also known in the legal system as fraud.

You ignored my very reasonable questions. Investors know things fail is wholly irrelevant to the conversation-- part of your gish gallop strategy of nonsense. Your hesitance to even agree to these MILD statements is telling.

Edited by zapzapzac
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

Don't you just love it when someone specific gets asked a question and they respond not with an answer, but another question?!  Textbook deflection...

I did answer what i thought the company said that was misleading.  And there were some other things said early on e.g. 2D/3D processing that had to be later corrected.  Don't know about individual accomplishments.  Is the guy not in that yankee hall of fame?

Edited by mr_me

18 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

Don't you just love it when someone specific gets asked a question and they respond not with an answer, but another question?!  Textbook deflection...

Tommy did this all the time in those infomercial interviews. It was painful and was so frequent you could tell he was just telling each person what they wanted to hear.

He rarely answered questions directly and gave a bunch of non-answers. It was painful because the people talking to him were horrible at follow ups or asking questions again. Tommy spread more misinformation around but as long as it made Amico look good he didn't care.

19 minutes ago, zapzapzac said:

Yes. Every reasonable person considers lying about past accomplishments to be misleading investors. This is also known in the legal system as fraud.

You ignored my very reasonable questions. Investors know things fail is wholly irrelevant to the conversation-- part of your gish gallop strategy of nonsense. Your hesitance to even agree to these MILD statements is telling.

But Amico is the Italian word for friend. My friend would never mislead me!Friend GIF by Crave

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I did answer what i thought the company said that was misleading.  Don't know about individual accomplishments.  Is the guy not in that yankee hall of fame?

The only question he asked was about your personal definition of fraud.  You walked circles around it.  Surely you must be a politician?

I am being serious. and stop calling me Shirley. - Leslie Nielsen Shirley |  Meme Generator

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Tommy did this all the time in those infomercial interviews. It was painful and was so frequent you could tell he was just telling each person what they wanted to hear.

He rarely answered questions directly and gave a bunch of non-answers. It was painful because the people talking to him were horrible at follow ups or asking questions again. Tommy spread more misinformation around but as long as it made Amico look good he didn't care.

But Amico is the Italian word for friend. My friend would never mislead me!Friend GIF by Crave

image.jpeg.ef34fb24a3de9617fd5c297530db413e.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

The only question he asked was about your personal definition of fraud.  You walked circles around it.  Surely you must be a politician?

Fraud is very serious and it's not easy to convict someone of fraud.  Minor embellishments won't be nearly enough.

Just now, mr_me said:

Fraud is very serious and it's not easy to convict someone of fraud.  Minor embellishments won't be nearly enough.

Again you're just being purposely obtuse.  Nobody asked you anything about a conviction of fraud, but you know this.   You're just being redditshreddit as usual.

• Like 3