IGNORED

What Jaguar games were able to reach 60fps? What 3D games were able to reach 30fps?

Chinese Cake

15 minutes ago, Chinese Cake said:

I'm talking about complex sprite rotation, like you see in some Saturn games where you have fast sprite rotation (sometimes with other effects but I'm just focusing on rotating

What makes you think those sprites were rotated on the fly? If there is enough spaces, the GFX are pre calculated.

15 hours ago, Chinese Cake said:

Forum bug

duplicate error, the forum software must have registered multiple clicks. 

duplicate error

Duplicate error

Not sure why my post was cloned but anyway

Are you trying to reach 60pps? (posts-per-second)

• Haha 5

On 10/29/2022 at 4:57 PM, SCPCD said:

Yes, the time is different between each one :

In sub 16-bit, the OP will do more data shift (ex: in 8bpp, it will do 3 shift insteed of 1 shift for 16-bit) that add extra cycle for each phrases as the OP can only write 2x16bpp at a time in the line buffer. Extra cycle will be also done for the CLUT read.

By default, the OP lock the bus during the data shifting, but this can be disabled by a bit in the Bitmap Object description allowing other CPU to take the bus during large sub 16-bpp bitmap.

I haven't found any chronogram in my archive, but I can make new one for those cases if needed.

would be cool

Oh my god... so much shit in this discussion... And always from the same people who don't know anything but know everything. Who repeat everything and anything without understanding.
There are times I wonder if there is not a bit of chauvinism. You know... the Jaguar is an American console... so it's obviously the best... blah blah blah

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, DEATH said:

so much shit in this discussion

But, hey, it's Another Troll Mission Accomplished. Seems there's been another outcrop of these honeypot threads recently, perhaps this coincides with the Mayan calendar, tides, or maybe shortage of meds in the OP's local pharmacy.

In any case it's always a good time for me to take a break from AA for a while :)

Edited by youxia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1