IGNORED

Wyvern Tales 2

Ninjabba

19 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

@Ninjabba ... I know you're still working on it. But I am VERY interested in getting this game. Please let us know when it becomes available.

Thank you!

Thanks! When its ready there should be enough copies for everyone to play. It will take some time before I can talk about release dates though; we're making great progress but the scope of the game is quite big. Until then, I will be sharing updates to this topic  :)

Edited by Ninjabba
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Ninjabba said:

Thanks! When its ready there should be enough copies for everyone to play. It will take some time before I can talk about release dates though; we're making great progress but the scope of the game is quite big. Until then, I will be sharing updates to this topic  :)

Thank you... this is exactly the kind of game I've been dreaming about for the Jaguar since 1996!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loved the original, as it was such a cool concept and filled a much needed gap on the lynx. Admittedly, I need to get rear in gear on finishing it. I struggled early on with getting killed a good bit, and never revisited. I need to do that. I ended up doing something similar with Super Mario 64 as a kid. Never gave it a fair shake. Barely got to the second floor of the castle. Wrote it off. All these years  later, I try again and wow... I missed out on a great great game! I won't do that with these games.

So I will dig out my copy of Wyvern Tales (safely tucked away in my filing cabinet) and get to playing on my lynx!

This announcement was the push I need to finally grab a Jaguar console (despite already owning several CIB JAG games and a Jaguar Game Drive flash cart....). To ebay I go! 

I realize this game will take some time yet, but I eagerly look forward to it!

• Like 4

Since we're talking about a RPG in this thread, have you guys checked out this news? I'm sorry but even i as a fellow Jaguar fan there is no way this game Will be possible on the console, but anybody can prove me wrong otherwise. This honestly sounds more like a $#@¥post to me XD

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/03/jrpg-breath-of-thunder-could-come-to-the-jaguar-saturn-n64-and-reads-notes-virtual-boy

The challenges arise when it comes to developing for some of the older legacy platforms. It is only a matter of learning on the job, as this will be Jerrel's first experience shipping titles on platforms like Dreamcast and Jaguar. His experience developing on a variety of other platforms will transfer across and make the process easier.

This guy's fucking with us, am I right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On the KS page you can clearly see that there is a 2d version, that's the one I suppose for the 8 & 16bits console.

Now the fun part, the GBC version is announced with a stunning 50+ colors next to a screen with 6 colors... Draw your own conclusion...

And to end on an even funnier note, please read the "challenges" part. That's the funniest thing I read in a while.

Edited by LordKraken
  • Haha 2

While this is preposterous I will say that this guy has consistently shown a drive to deliver on his commitments that extends well into the self-destructive... kinda hope he doesn't make his stretch goals, for his own sake.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 12:03 PM, KidGameR186496 said:

Since we're talking about a RPG in this thread, have you guys checked out this news? I'm sorry but even i as a fellow Jaguar fan there is no way this game Will be possible on the console, but anybody can prove me wrong otherwise. This honestly sounds more like a $#@¥post to me XD

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2024/03/jrpg-breath-of-thunder-could-come-to-the-jaguar-saturn-n64-and-reads-notes-virtual-boy

Yeah, no lol that game doesn't even look very appealing to me anyway.

Edited by KrunchyTC

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2024 at 11:14 PM, jgkspsx said:

While this is preposterous I will say that this guy has consistently shown a drive to deliver on his commitments that extends well into the self-destructive... kinda hope he doesn't make his stretch goals, for his own sake.

I saw this KS project a while back as well and was thinking.. if he managed to meet the final stretch goal and the backers chose the Lynx as the final platform to port this game to he'd be working for the rest of his life on this project.

Currently no big updates on my end to showcase, though I took a deep dive into the menu system and learning a lot about Jaguar programming in general.

The event system has been implemented and the first few events are fully working with boss fights. Half of the bosses have been designed, that is a great milestone but I will NOT show the progress on this ;)

I'm having a lot of fun with this project, that is certainly the case :)

• Like 7

KoE  issues:

Random death

Multiple play through in order to complete game

Gold harvesting takes forever

Does not feel like hero is gaining abilities as they progress in the game

Limited weapons types, and too many weapons that can be collected with no usefulness

Game balance is off due to the above and I think this should have been fixed before release

Hopefully this game addresses those things.

1 hour ago, grips03 said:

KoE  issues:

Random death

Multiple play through in order to complete game

Gold harvesting takes forever

Does not feel like hero is gaining abilities as they progress in the game

Limited weapons types, and too many weapons that can be collected with no usefulness

Game balance is off due to the above and I think this should have been fixed before release

Sooooo you've never played a roguelike before. Okay.