IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

5 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

@Stuart I tried looking at your page, but www.stuartconnner.me.uk does not resolve.

>host www.stuartconnner.me.uk 1.1.1.1
Using domain server:
Name: 1.1.1.1
Address: 1.1.1.1#53
Aliases:

Host www.stuartconnner.me.uk not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

That is simply one-too-many n's in my name.  ;-)

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

B*gger! I've never actually seen that page.

Reading the javascript that was injected into your home page (and doing a little debugging), it seems this page will generally only pop up if the user came from google or bing.  Also, once you get the popup, it won't happen for another 24 hours, unless you do what you did and clear the browser cache.

To reproduce, 

- Clear the browser cache

- Do a google search for "Stuart Conner ti 99", and then in the search results click on your home page.  The "offers" page should come up after a random amount of time (probably not more than 10 seconds).

Edit: just to add - it seems something is injecting advertisements into your site - maybe your website hoster?

• Like 1

When I just went to Stuart's page from this computer for the first time, I did the Google search, then clicked on his link. It then went to his page and after a few seconds went to this page. Then I went back to the Google search and clicked his link again and it went to his page and stayed there. I've had similar pages show up on other Google search sites here in the recent past.

recaptcha.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

That is simply one-too-many n's in my name.  ;-)

Ah, yup.  I just copied-n-pasted, did not bother to spell-check.

24 minutes ago, chue said:

Edit: just to add - it seems something is injecting advertisements into your site - maybe your website hoster?

This is my read on it.  The old GeoCities trick survives to this day on many "free" hosts.  I figure the injection must be at the host as it occurs when you visit the page securely, as well.

13 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

recaptcha.jpg

THAT is a dirty fscking trick. 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

This is my read on it.  The old GeoCities trick survives to this day on many "free" hosts.

It's not hard and it's best to host your own site on your own computer using your own .dot. fwd DNa.

If I ever needed a site I would just do it myself these days.  But I have no use since most are full-time jobs or at least suck up your weekend.

2 minutes ago, GDMike said:

If I ever needed a site I would just do it myself these days.  But I have no use since most are full-time jobs or at least suck up your weekend.

I also do all my own site hosting, for what little I do.  I started developing a few different ideas a while ago but have never completed them.  Probably the most finished sites I have are tidbit99.com and the page to which rejected emails are directed to show why they were rejected.  I have a URL shortening system I set up but never connected to my authentication system so it is only available for me.  I keep saying "one day," but I still have so much shyte on my desk.  Some of these projects I could put in action in an evening or a weekend day, but something comes up every time I put aside time.

• Like 3

On 11/27/2023 at 3:53 PM, OLD CS1 said:

This is my read on it.  The old GeoCities trick survives to this day on many "free" hosts.  I figure the injection must be at the host as it occurs when you visit the page securely, as well.

Raised a ticket with 3ix technical support and they said that they don't knowingly inject adverts and that there is no malware on the servers. I've checked the web logs and noticed an anomaly: found the following two lines from yesterday where the root index file was requested:

51.222.253.10 - - [27/Nov/2023:22:17:38 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 6563 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; AhrefsBot/7.0; +http://ahrefs.com/robot/)"

217.113.194.52 - - [27/Nov/2023:23:33:55 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 7349 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Barkrowler/0.9; +https://babbar.tech/crawler)"

In the first line, the size of the file is stated as 6563 bytes - that is correct. The second line shows a file size of 7349 bytes - and yet I have not changed the file. The injected script is 786 bytes - the original file of 6563 byte + 786 bytes = 7349 bytes as shown in the second line. A few lines further down in the log file, the file size is back to 6563 bytes again.

So it would appear that somehow, the script is intermittently present in the file coming out of the server. I'll see what they say.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

image.jpeg.05afc093e9ba887bf982dfe2cb025d35.jpeg

FedEx... yeah.  So, my Dell package finally showed up, the same day my bank credited me for my claim against Dell for not lifting an effing finger to help me, and FedEx just throwing the package where the fsck it wants.  But, at least I got the stuff I will need for my trip tomorrow.

• Like 3

Day 2 starts in seven hours.  Reviewing materials, taking breaks, playing with panorama.  This image is made from six images taken in portrait mode, then cropped to remove unnecessary details which include undesired curvature.

BTW, most of the snow was gone by the same evening as it fell.  Time... to sleep.

Group0-20231203_105646_20231203_105700-6images_crop.thumb.jpg.2a78af99101fe11445dfb901cb429616.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Or "How management who required new SOPs and approved new SOPs will really do things because the new SOPs are too restrictive."

Just make sure you wear your goggles when talking to the front desk people.

Don't worry about anything else They got you covered.. your paycheck will be corrected next week.

lol

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...